View Single Post
(#2 (permalink))
Old
masaegu (Offline)
永遠の愛

08-24-2011, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distortedshell View Post
Last week for about an hour I had nothing better to do and while sitting by my computer watching Youtube vids I stumbled onto this video:

How to make Japanese Fried Chicken ''Kara-age'' - YouTube

I admit after watching this I thought the guy on the video was just funny, but somehow his videos left an impression on me. 2 days later I looked up his videos again and I told myself I was going to make Kara^age and today I did. I bought the ingredients at the store and followed exactly what this guy did. I did not have white wine or Sake for this so I just used red wine. It worked out really well.

It was really delicious!!! I never ate this much. I made about 4 sandwiches with mayo, lettuce and tomato and I still had 4 small pieces of chicken left which I am saving for later, because I can't eat any more of it right now. I strongly encourage everyone to make this!! Really! If you like fried chicken or just chicken give this a go. It will blow your mind. or at least it blew mine.

An additional note: I never had Japanese style fried chicken Kara^age before. not even at a restaurant so i have nothing to compare this to, but it was unlike any chicken I have ever had...........YEAH! One day I will order this at a restaurant and see the difference, but please TRY THIS!! If not look up other videos by other people on youtube and follow their Kara^age recipe. This is GREAT F^ING CHICKEN! Sorry for cursing. It was really that good!
Congratulations on your new discovery!

Just wanted to say, because it was not mentioned in the video, that a liberal squeeze of lemon just before you eat karaage would be a nice touch.

Your Japanese proficiency shall be in direct proportion
to your true interest in the Japanese Mind.