View Single Post
(#6 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-14-2011, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulski View Post
because in 3 months you can experiance much more than in 3 weeks which is what i would like to do and my idea of living like a king is how i just described how i would be living i would ather be in a capsule hotel than a big fancy one am kinda weird like that lol i just wanted to know if £5000 would be enough thats for flights there and back and living costs
You will be sick of the capsule hotel in three days.

More time does not mean more experiences, it just means it takes longer. If you have a finite amount of cash there are a finite number of things you can do. Let's say that cash buys you 25 events. Would it not be more economical to experience those events over 25 days? You will drop the number of experiences you can have by just staying there, wasting money on conbini food and capsule hotels (which are not designed for long term stays).

I know people who have tried exactly what you proposing, and what they realize is that without proper planning and organization, boredom, cash stress and homesickness sets in. There is no one in Tokyo looking forward to entertaining you. You could literally sit all day on a bench in Tokyo Station, and no one would look at you twice. And the reality is, after a couple weeks that's probably what you will be doing to pass the time, as you can't afford to do much else.

The people I know who have tried it invariably break down and get their return flights moved up (at sometimes a significant cost).

I haven't even asked you how fluent your Japanese is.