View Single Post
(#103 (permalink))
Old
chiuchimu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-27-2011, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javen View Post
the argument was between jpop and kpop which was most popular amongst asian countries....Japan is the 2nd biggest consumer of music...they are pretty much selling to themselves and niche jpop fans in US..hence why they have so much revenue...kpop is a victim of piracy...just look at youtube and see how many kpop songs are there...its really easy to pirate kpop songs off the net...by niche I mean niche....ask the average american if they know who "random jpop artists"...

kpop is popular not only in Korea...but mainland China, Taiwan, Mongolia, and SEA...thats pratically all of Asia outside of japan...you ask the average person if they know SNSD, alot would say they do
Maybe to Japan, SEA is meaningless since they look down on them...but SEAsians greatly appreciate it when Kpop returns the love..and yes SEAsians do buy alot of CDs, its very ignorant of you to think that..not everyone in SEA is a beggar..when I was in my home country visiting the music stores alot of the kpop CDs were sold out...they also sell more seats in concerts then american artists do.....

Jpop is more popular in Japan...yes...Jpop is popular in anime conventions in western countries...yes...so how does that equate to jpop being more popular then kpop amongst asian countries?? cuz we all know thats a lie...Jpop has basically alienated themselves to other Asian countries
NUMBERS#### STATS!!!!!!

stop ranting opinion!!!!!!

Post third party stats of Export sales to prove it.

As I said:
You can't find any stats to support your claim can you?
I know none of you Kpop-philes can because they don't exist!

weak arguments always!