View Single Post
(#106 (permalink))
Old
dav1stunna (Offline)
New to JF

Wt......... - 09-29-2011, 03:48 AM

First of all,

It seriously gets a little tiring when people say that the people who like Japanese culture and music that are not Japanese are otaku. You guys don't even know, especially when it comes from other Asians who think there culture is better. In the end, who cares, it is your preference on what you like. A lot more people in western countries find Japanese culture, music, and style more interesting. Who cares, I am tired of hearing people rant because they want to make their culture seem more superior. Actions speak louder than words my friend, and people that are insecure boast and try to belittle others. I am not Asian, and I am American and I know Korean and Japanese well. I like Japanese music, anime, and other things. Does that make me an (オタク)otaku? No, it doesn't because if you really knew what that meant, you would know their are plenty of them in Korea and China as well. I also like Korean culture, food, etc. I also like Japanese culture, and other things.

Right now I am living in Korea and most of the artists, idol groups, sound and look very similar. That is where Korea is lacking a little bit. Who wants to listen to 소녀시대 (少女時代)and then listen to another group who sings similar songs and who have a similar look. Also, it gets a little boring seeing artists who emulate American style all the time. I agree that Kpop was better like 10-15 years ago. When I listen to the older songs, man! They were unique and great, unlike today because at times the melody and lyrics get repetitive especially that synthesized voice. Japanese music on the other hand, has more variety and a broad range. I can listen to music that is unique. Also, every now and then, a good song comes out in Korea that I like to bump. It is all about taste.

Last edited by dav1stunna : 09-29-2011 at 03:56 AM.