View Single Post
(#119 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

10-01-2011, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javen View Post
LOL wow thats really something considering USA and Japan alone are the 2 biggest consumers of CD revenue does that even count digital sales??
It does. The middle column on the first image shows that the USA and Japan lead these stats too.

Quote:
either your too thick headed to understand what the question stated was...or your looking through your jpop hazy glasses
To be honest I don't really like most Jpop.. or Kpop... or American pop. Most of it is materialistic and consumerist trite. Some pop songs are good but as a genre I don't really care for it no matter what country produces it.

What I do enjoy though is taking fanboys down a notch.

Quote:
again how does that determine jpops popularity amongst other Asian countries compared to kpop when most of their revenue comes from japanese customers
Sorry.. but mathematically Japan can not have a GLOBAL share of the music market from only selling inside Japan.

Quote:
unless you can pull statistics out of your ass that jpop sells more in Asia and is more wellknown in all of Asia(meaning outside of Japan)...then you don't really have an argument...most asian countries prefer their own musicians...Kpop is the only outside music outside of AMerican music that somewhat challenges local musicians in Asia
I don't need to pull statistics out of my ass saying that jpop sells more in Asia. I have statistics showing that jpop sells more WORLDWIDE.

You do know that Asia is in the World (as in planet Earth) right?

Quote:
Jpop has almost no influence in Asia besides Taiwan...and even then kpop overtook jpop in Taiwan...jpop is basically invisible in other Asian countries...if your lucky to find 1 jpop CD in a Asian music store its probably in the bargain bin along with Macarena and Electric Slide

Kpop gets number 1 hits in major music shows all over Asia...do you understand your ignorance in underestimating kpops popularity amongst China, Taiwan, THailand, Philippines, VIetnam, Malaysia. etc???
Conjecture based on your limited world view. Statistics beats that as I mentioned earlier.

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 10-01-2011 at 10:54 PM.