View Single Post
(#120 (permalink))
Old
Javen (Offline)
JF Regular

10-02-2011, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
It does. The middle column on the first image shows that the USA and Japan lead these stats too.

To be honest I don't really like most Jpop.. or Kpop... or American pop. Most of it is materialistic and consumerist trite. Some pop songs are good but as a genre I don't really care for it no matter what country produces it.

What I do enjoy though is taking fanboys down a notch.

Sorry.. but mathematically Japan can not have a GLOBAL share of the music market from only selling inside Japan.

I don't need to pull statistics out of my ass saying that jpop sells more in Asia. I have statistics showing that jpop sells more WORLDWIDE.

You do know that Asia is in the World (as in planet Earth) right?

Conjecture based on your limited world view. Statistics beats that as I mentioned earlier.

LOL Global means worldwide scale...including Japan
Japan is 2nd most consumers of music revenue...so it make sense that Japan sells most to itself

Yes Asia is in the world...though it does not state if any of that revenue Japan gets come from Asia at all...it states global revenue...which basically equates to Japan's consumer market and niche markets in western countries

do you understand this concept....Japan sells more worldwide...because Japan has the 2nd most consumers of music in the WORLD within their country

and yes you are a jpop fanboy...blindly stating that jpop is more popular amongst other asian countries compared to kpop yet you never provided proof..

Last edited by Javen : 10-02-2011 at 01:41 AM.