(#215 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
10-03-2011, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javen View Post
I base my experience on my last trip to Hawaii...and occasional youtube videos of eurasian celebrities on japanese shows
Hawaii is not Japan. The number of mixed race couples and children there has zero effect on Japan. Hawaii is really a very special situation regardless - I believe that it has one of the highest rates of racial mixing in the world for various reasons.

As for Japanese shows - Eurasian halfs are RARE. They are exotic and fascinating because they are so very rare. Exotic and fascinating things are just what television loves to use to get viewers. It has very little connection with real society - in fact, if they were common in normal life, the exotic appeal would be lost and you wouldn`t see them on tv.

Quote:
if these japanese-asian hybrids are really numerous...then why are they called invisible?? hmmm
Because they DO NOT LOOK DIFFERENT FROM JAPANESE.
This has been said several times in this thread. They LOOK like other Japanese, so they are not *visible*.

Imagine a room full of people born and raised in, say, the UK. While it will not be hard at all to spot a person who has one Asian parent, are you really going to be able to spot the one with one French parent?
There is enough variety in Japanese appearance that you are not going to be able to spot someone with one Korean or Chinese parent.
I would be seriously impressed if you could spot the one with two French parents or two Korean parents if they had been raised in the same country as the rest of the group.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.