View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
TayTay (Offline)
New to JF

Travel Visa concern...? - 11-07-2011, 09:53 PM

I feel I should start by saying I've never really traveled before so as of a few hours ago I wasn't even sure what a travel visa was. Since I am from Canada, I was told I would not need a travel visa for visiting Japan for 2 weeks.

I just went to book the hotel I want to stay at and saw this in the FAQ:
Q. I don't come from a visa-waiving country. Can I get a confirmation from you for applying visa?
A. We are sorry that only individuals who already possess valid visas issued by the Japanese government could reserve at our hotel. We are afraid we cannot provide any confirmation to apply for Japanese visa. To reserve, please send us a copy of visa for all members via e-mail or fax.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong...but to me this says I need one to reserve at their hotel even if my country says I don't need one. This seems a little sketchy to me. Why would I need one for a hotel but not to be in the country? Have any of you encountered this before? Where can I get one of these if it turns out I do need it?

Sorry if this seems like a total newbie question...I'm just really confused. Like I mentioned earlier this will be my first real trip and I don't really know anything about travel visas as I was under the impression I wouldn't need one. :S