View Single Post
(#27 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-17-2011, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darketernal View Post
Ok to make things clear my partner is a real japanese born in japan.
Opposed to them pretend Japanese people that we hear so much about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darketernal View Post
Thing is this, the kanji only seem to make things shorter, but its hardly the case. The kanji symbols themselves are so difficult to write, that they kill any time you save with it. So like the other person wrote a shorter japanese sentence with kanji, its actually a lot longer if you had to write it all down, in other words.

Kanji is not logical. Actually the whole japanese language isn't logical, i think its a very romantic and beautifull language, but logic not quite.

I am actually suprised and don't understand why so many people are in favor of kanji, its chinese anyway it doesn't belong to your language, its difficult and illogical.

I myself don't mind doing the effort of learning it, but my partner says its illogical, and based on how much effort it takes to write it down i tend to say i agree. So i wondered if more japanese people felt this way.

You obviously do not know enough about the language to back up your argument. Kanji and Japanese as a whole is a very logical language.

英語より日本語の方が論理です。
More than English, Japanese is logical (Japanese is more logical than English).
Or as you would have a kanji-less translation

JAPANESEISMORELOGICALTHANENGLISH.

Take the word "live" for example. Did you read it as in "I live in England" or "I'm on live television?"

With kanji, this wouldn't be an issue.

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me