View Single Post
(#6 (permalink))
Old
dortorb (Offline)
New to JF

04-15-2007, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachipro View Post
That story was written by me and I am grateful the source acknowledged where it came from as I was afraid someone might claim it as their own.

Yes, it a true story and thanks for the kind words kawasaki, dortorb, and annelie82. If you'd like to read more stories related to Japan you can click the link in my signature.
I can't begin to tell you how similar our experiences while living in Japan are Joe-san...! I just read a few more of your stories...including the lost Wallet, little Akira (my elder son's name) and my favorite, Suzuki-san and Jiro. I was introduced to the little Izakaiya in my neighborhood my Nakagawa-san. We meet at a place Sushi joint across from Fussa Station. He walked in, sat down next to me and immediately started mussing about the August heat while he whipped his face with a cold oshibori. I acknowledged his observation in Japanense. Well he doubled his Beer order to two bottles of Super Dry and the conversation continued from there. About an hour passed when he invited me to join him for the rest of the evening at his regular place. Here's the funny part; I sat on the back of his bicycle and drive the both of us the four or so blocks to Izakaiya Masumi. I could go on for pages but I ended up there every Friday night for twelve years. They called me Hena Gaijin...I spoke the laungage and sang Koraoke like a well lubricated taxi driver...and still do on my return visits after a few cold bottles of courage. Sake-O, Omi Sono Aii, Subaru and yes, even "My Way" and "Mary Jane on my Mind!" I even mastered "Kawa" and "Yama" by Saburo-Chan...I'm sure you know who he is...!

Anyway, I enjoy your stories and will read more of them for sure!

Take Care!

Doc