JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Powermad147 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Flcl - 12-09-2007, 05:31 PM

FLCL (Fooly Cooly) is another one of my favorite animes of all time, up there with NGE (Neon Genesis Evangelion), FMA, Death Note, and a few others...But there is one thing that always made me sad, and this also applies for Catcher in the Rye. I enjoyed the story. I thought it was interesting, funny, and all around enjoyable to try and understand. But no one else cares about the story. Ya, I know they are giant metaphores, does that mean I can't enjoy them at face value!?...Sigh...-_- Does anyone else feel this way sometimes? I love deeper meanings, but when people start gutting a work of fiction in order to find them, thats when I get angry...Ok, lets start with this, and then move on to more FLCL questions and discussions =P

(#2 (permalink))
Old
Moodaddy (Offline)
PH34R MY M4D NINJ4 SKILL5

Send a message via ICQ to Moodaddy Send a message via AIM to Moodaddy Send a message via MSN to Moodaddy Send a message via Yahoo to Moodaddy Send a message via Skype™ to Moodaddy
12-09-2007, 05:57 PM

Wow, there actually people who think FLCL has some deep hidden meaning in it? Oh come on, the show was awsome and I loved it, but a deeper meaning? I always thought it was pretty plain in the things it said. Its not like confusses (I know I spelled that wrong ^^) wrote the script or anything. So why should there be any deeper meaning than what is shown?

tobi rules

EVERYONE DO THE PERVY DANCE!!!!
1 2 3 step step jump step step grope step step touch step step kiss and *SLap!!!

My Fellow Pervs!
Hyakushi, Animeomarguy, Katchan6, MazarDantechildofdevil, Forgotenmemory, Sutiiven, Kudosan, Hentaro, Markduff, QuoyaNatsume, IonFortuna, HaganeKakashi

http://www.freewebs.com/moodaddy/myjffamily.htm
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Powermad147 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-09-2007, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodaddy View Post
Wow, there actually people who think FLCL has some deep hidden meaning in it? Oh come on, the show was awsome and I loved it, but a deeper meaning? I always thought it was pretty plain in the things it said. Its not like confusses (I know I spelled that wrong ^^) wrote the script or anything. So why should there be any deeper meaning than what is shown?
You haven't heard all the stuff about how its a coming of age story, and how the show is basically one big sex joke that gets analyized by nerds on the net, OVER and OVER again?...Wierd 0_o What I meant is that these things might be true, but it drains all the enjoyment out of it when you turn it into some kind of lesson or wierd message -_-

(#4 (permalink))
Old
Moodaddy (Offline)
PH34R MY M4D NINJ4 SKILL5

Send a message via ICQ to Moodaddy Send a message via AIM to Moodaddy Send a message via MSN to Moodaddy Send a message via Yahoo to Moodaddy Send a message via Skype™ to Moodaddy
12-09-2007, 06:18 PM

Thats just kinda sad that people do that to a show like FLCL. And no, I hadn't actually heard about that. Strange though, I guess these "nerds" just have way to much time on their collective hands ^^. I pretty much got only two "lessons" outta that show. 1. always be willing to take a chance and 2. getting seduced by an older woman is fun ^^

tobi rules

EVERYONE DO THE PERVY DANCE!!!!
1 2 3 step step jump step step grope step step touch step step kiss and *SLap!!!

My Fellow Pervs!
Hyakushi, Animeomarguy, Katchan6, MazarDantechildofdevil, Forgotenmemory, Sutiiven, Kudosan, Hentaro, Markduff, QuoyaNatsume, IonFortuna, HaganeKakashi

http://www.freewebs.com/moodaddy/myjffamily.htm
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Shiningmonkey (Offline)
Inventor of the s'moredog

12-09-2007, 06:19 PM

Yeah, I hate it when people try to read stuff into a show/book that may not even be there. Can't we just enjoy something?Sadly, I have only seen the 1st 2 episodes of Flcl but I thought it was pretty sweet.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Harajuku_Pimp (Offline)
Banned Justice!

12-09-2007, 06:28 PM

FlCl has hidden message it's just an awesome show about teen stuff. Drugs, Music, and Sex!

Do I need a Signature?
(#7 (permalink))
Old
DesiredMess (Offline)
.Infront of Persona.

12-09-2007, 09:43 PM

I look deeper into things then they are really meant to be looked into and not even I see a hidden message in FLCL...possibly could find one I guess.

Videogame junkie extraordinaire. I often need help getting snapped back into reality, so bare with me.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Crelrn (Offline)
クレルんノホノオ

12-10-2007, 05:01 AM

I'm surprised I haven't posted on this thread yet

FLCL is definetely by far my favorite anime. And if any of you think that it was only supposed by judged on face basis, you've gone insane. The entire thing was a metaphor.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
DesiredMess (Offline)
.Infront of Persona.

12-10-2007, 05:06 AM

I guess it's pretty interesting when you state it like that. I think I'm going to look into this more.

Videogame junkie extraordinaire. I often need help getting snapped back into reality, so bare with me.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Powermad147 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-10-2007, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crelrn View Post
I'm surprised I haven't posted on this thread yet

FLCL is definetely by far my favorite anime. And if any of you think that it was only supposed by judged on face basis, you've gone insane. The entire thing was a metaphor.
I never said I judged it by face value, but thats part of what I enjoyed. If I want metaphores, I read poetry. If I want hillarious anime, I watch FLCL.