JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Anime & Manga (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/anime-manga/)
-   -   Is it okay for a guy to like Shojo? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/anime-manga/1138-okay-guy-like-shojo.html)

Kanji_The_Wanderer 12-18-2006 10:45 PM

Yeah, it's fine to like Shoujo in my opinion. I'm a straight guy and I enjoy Shoujo anime and manga.

lurve9 12-18-2006 10:54 PM

of coursee it okay!!:)

Natchan 12-19-2006 06:34 AM

I think its totally ccol for a guy to like shojo. I'm a girl and like Shonen, is that bad? No. Some of my guy friends favorite shows are are shojo shows or manga!

Infact I have this friend, and her husbands favorite anime is CCS!

SamuraiAlchemistNinja 12-20-2006 05:02 PM

sure why not :)

fry 12-22-2006 11:13 AM

most of the otaku i know don't discriminate by genre at all. but personally, i find that i can't connect to a lot of shoujo.. mabye cos ive spent most of my life amomg guys.

btw, i wonder if someone is going to come up with a legitimate reason why guys shouldn't watch shoujo.

Kanji_The_Wanderer 12-22-2006 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fry (Post 16870)
most of the otaku i know don't discriminate by genre at all. but personally, i find that i can't connect to a lot of shoujo.. mabye cos ive spent most of my life amomg guys.

btw, i wonder if someone is going to come up with a legitimate reason why guys shouldn't watch shoujo.

I can't think of a legitimate reason. Maybe guys who watch it will become more more nice and turn into softies. but that's not really bad.

SamuraiAlchemistNinja 12-23-2006 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer (Post 16917)
I can't think of a legitimate reason. Maybe guys who watch it will become more more nice and turn into softies. but that's not really bad.

lo it's not a bad thing. Maybe ALL guys should watch shojo

Rush 12-26-2006 05:19 AM

I would say no. Enjoy sure. But don't get "attach".

Avary_Ninja 12-26-2006 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer (Post 16917)

Note : Girls HATE nice guys. ALL of them HATE nice guys. Stay away from shojo if you want a girlfirend. Pink Man, as we call it in my homeland is a definite turn-off.

As for watching shojo over reading shojo, I can stomach good fun series like Fruits Baskets, but I just can't stand reading shojo manga. My brain just won't accept it. I get migraine just reading one page of Sailor Moon *pukes*

Guza 12-26-2006 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avary_Ninja (Post 17529)
Note : Girls HATE nice guys. ALL of them HATE nice guys. Stay away from shojo if you want a girlfirend. Pink Man, as we call it in my homeland is a definite turn-off.

As for watching shojo over reading shojo, I can stomach good fun series like Fruits Baskets, but I just can't stand reading shojo manga. My brain just won't accept it. I get migraine just reading one page of Sailor Moon *pukes*

lolz im not a real fan of sailor moon either, however i liked fruits baskets that was pretty funny