LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Amnell (Offline)
W.o.W. I'm 66

Send a message via AIM to Amnell Send a message via Skype™ to Amnell
03-08-2008, 06:39 AM

@ Tenchu:

As always, I find your views on Man's Heart a little extreme....

Personally, I would admire a man who was willing to wait in three feet of shit for hours on end to achieve his goal. Someone who was that determined to accomplish their goal deserves respect. I mean, seriously... how many would be willing to stand in shite all day to commit an act that would take but a few seconds?

Now, I DO understand what you're saying (we've been around about it before). What I'm disagreeing with this time is the assumption that because an assassin had to resort to such measures he is somehow less of a man than another.

To me, it's sort of like... say it's a battle. You have the chance to flank the enemy and attack from behind and end the battle quickly with fewer casualties, but because of an extension of the idea that stabbing a man in the back is dishonourable, you refuse to take the opportunity and lose the battle.

Not how I said "extension of the idea". The idea itself is a great one--I don't like cheapshots at the onset any more'n the next guy, but if shit has already hit the fan and the other guy does something stupid, that's your opening ^_^ .

So, that ninja that waited in filth deserves a little respect. He might not have had what you define as a heart of stone, but he did have iron determination. Also, I'd like to know what the ninja himself thought...

Oh, I know! "It sure stinks in here!" Oh, but I meant besides that ^_^;;; .

"The trouble with trying to make something idiot proof is that idiots are so smart." ~A corollary to Murphy's Law

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you actually make them think, they'll hate you. ~Don Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle
But, that's always f-ed up individuals that kill in secluded areas up high in the mountains. Thats neither the army nor the governments agenda! I hope those people rott in hell, but an army or government shouldn't be judged by psycho individuals.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Odin (Offline)
Lord of the Æsir

Send a message via ICQ to Odin Send a message via AIM to Odin Send a message via MSN to Odin Send a message via Yahoo to Odin Send a message via Skype™ to Odin
03-08-2008, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
It is like this, see. One story of how a Ninja killed a lord goes; The lord was gaurded all day by six heavily armed Samurai in a well gaurded castle. The Samurai never left his side. His food could not be poisoned. It was gathered randomly in the markets and tested also before he ate. The only way the Ninja could get to him was by going into his toilet, burying himself in filth, and waiting for the lords royal ass to come and shine above him... He plunged his sword into the lords ass from the darkness of the long drop below...
There is the other view of this story. Take two warriors, one samurai and one ninja. Both have sworn service to the daimyo. They are both to defeat the enemy. A samurai's code of honor and sense of self respect would not allow him to kill the enemy lord. The ninja is willing to sacrifice his humility to carryout his oath to the daimyo.

It is my understanding, that among the many rules the ninja followed the two most important were keeping secret his clan and his daimyo. This was to keep his personal disgrace from falling to those he had taken an oath.

So the ninja is willing to sacrifice his honor, for the sake of his promise. The samurai will break his promise to save his honor.

The Honored of Valhöll are: Acidreptile: my spiritual brother, smilexfreak7: milaya moya sestra Tsuzuki: my dark goddess,
=Kanji: the eternal wanderer, Zenit: future world conquer, Michieru: self proclaimed mastermind of genius
and the rest of my family in the
~+VaMpiRe ClAn+~

(#23 (permalink))
Old
scorpionblack (Offline)
New to JF

03-08-2008, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyakushi View Post
Ninjas weren't always stealthy Hahahahahaha aww how cute its like people have been watching to many ninja movies XDDDD.
Shinobis have the upper hand in the way they fight when face to face they are more advanced cause they use there bodys as a weapon and don't rely on there swords like the samuri.
that is why i said in a battle the samurai has the upper hand.
when fighting with out stealth the ninja has no chance against the samurai, since samurai not only fight in kendo style with swords, but they use aikido which they can counter any attack imaginable. ninjas and their ninpo and kata are useless in face to face confrontations.

the shinobi's only strength is stealth..and speed..
(#24 (permalink))
Old
scorpionblack (Offline)
New to JF

03-08-2008, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
... It was the other way around. Ninja sold their self to become the weakness of the enemy. What Samurai chose to lack in adaptability was discarded for the reason it makes up for in heart. This comes down to what you think is more important in your life, your body or your heart. In many cases, you can not have both. This was the problem.

I don't really agree. Preperation is a good counter. Musashi, for example, never bathed because he was vulnerable when naked and in a bath. He took similar precautions with everything. One time he felt comfortable enough to bath they tried to boil him alive... He burst out and killed everyone. LOL. Also, Samurai that had trained well could feel peoples emotions, they would know when they were being stalked. I am not saying that they had the end all, but just your statement is not 100%.
yes a master swords man can always outdo his enemies...
but in general no one can counter an unseen attack done with speed.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Hyakushi (Offline)
Ikaga desu ka!?

03-08-2008, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpionblack View Post
that is why i said in a battle the samurai has the upper hand.
when fighting with out stealth the ninja has no chance against the samurai, since samurai not only fight in kendo style with swords, but they use aikido which they can counter any attack imaginable. ninjas and their ninpo and kata are useless in face to face confrontations.

the shinobi's only strength is stealth..and speed..
Samurais are worthless with out there sword cause they rely to much on it but a Ninja isn't just speed and stealth they train in many forms so they souldn't depend totally on there swords to protect them. Which is why what your saying doesn't make anysense to me samurais do learn akido but even today aikido can't with stand Ninjustue thats been a fact for who knows how long. Then again it also depends on how skilled they are in it.

I'm not racist . . . I hate everyone equally.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
scorpionblack (Offline)
New to JF

03-08-2008, 07:01 AM

in other words.
a samurai's virtue and honor code is more appealing and greater in value.

the ninjas have greater chances in surviving and winning a battle...but they have o problem using every filthy, wicked,disgraceful method to do so.

again i am not generalizing...ninjas were clans some who were mercenaries ...some who pledged to lords. some who had independent villages where they used their skills to protect it..
some samurai were cowards and only enjoyed the title samurai for self praising and to be superior over villagers. cowards who were pierced from the back (running away)..not every samurai is Musashi ..
and not every ninja is hatori hanzo
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Odin (Offline)
Lord of the Æsir

Send a message via ICQ to Odin Send a message via AIM to Odin Send a message via MSN to Odin Send a message via Yahoo to Odin Send a message via Skype™ to Odin
03-08-2008, 07:07 AM

I'm not trying to take this thread to far off topic, but it reminds me of a report I once read about the Japanese invasion of Korea in the late 1500's. It was called the Imjin waeran or Japanese War of Imjin.

Hideyoshi was daimyo of the newly unified Japan. In 1587 he sent a test force into Korea, and concluded they were incompetent. The Koreans quickly determined the attack came from samurai and not the Japanese pirates that had plagued them for decades.

They were able to tell because samurai would not kill a man unless he faced them, therefore most of the wounds were from the front. Pirates would kill a man from any direction

The Honored of Valhöll are: Acidreptile: my spiritual brother, smilexfreak7: milaya moya sestra Tsuzuki: my dark goddess,
=Kanji: the eternal wanderer, Zenit: future world conquer, Michieru: self proclaimed mastermind of genius
and the rest of my family in the
~+VaMpiRe ClAn+~

(#28 (permalink))
Old
kunitokotachi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-08-2008, 07:07 AM

Samurai did not have any more heart than ninja. Yes, a ninja could beat a samurai in a fair fight. It depends on the skill of each fighter and not profession. Some samurai could use aikido or something to that nature but so could ninja. The history goes that a Chinese monk taught shoalin to esoteric monks and warriors in the mountains of Iga. I don't know how this myth about samurai being so honorable got around. Samurai could be very low sometimes killing someone just because they said the wrong thing, chopping a guys head off then saying kirisutegomen. You definitely wouldn't want to be a farmer or a merchant back then. You also could not carry a sword back then unless you are samurai so nobody else was stupid enough to out in open with a sword including ninja. There are claims that some ninja had premonitions into the future. Discovery Channel did a documentary with CIA remote viewers which... you just have to see it.

宣告されてから弁論しても手遅れである。
(#29 (permalink))
Old
kunitokotachi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-08-2008, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin View Post
I'm not trying to take this thread to far off topic, but it reminds me of a report I once read about the Japanese invasion of Korea in the late 1500's. It was called the Imjin waeran or Japanese War of Imjin.

Hideyoshi was daimyo of the newly unified Japan. In 1587 he sent a test force into Korea, and concluded they were incompetent. The Koreans quickly determined the attack came from samurai and not the Japanese pirates that had plagued them for decades.

They were able to tell because samurai would not kill a man unless he faced them, therefore most of the wounds were from the front. Pirates would kill a man from any direction
The samurai also killed a lot of the Ainu in Hokkaido.

宣告されてから弁論しても手遅れである。
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Hyakushi (Offline)
Ikaga desu ka!?

03-08-2008, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpionblack View Post
in other words.
a samurai's virtue and honor code is more appealing and greater in value.

the ninjas have greater chances in surviving and winning a battle...but they have o problem using every filthy, wicked,disgraceful method to do so.

again i am not generalizing...ninjas were clans some who were mercenaries ...some who pledged to lords. some who had independent villages where they used their skills to protect it..
some samurai were cowards and only enjoyed the title samurai for self praising and to be superior over villagers. cowards who were pierced from the back (running away)..not every samurai is Musashi ..
and not every ninja is hatori hanzo
Well when fighting for your life there is really no wrong or right theres only you and your goal. Thats whats conffusing me eveyone is making rules and rules and rules on top of rules Hahahahaha oh well maybe I will never get it.

I'm not racist . . . I hate everyone equally.