LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Katura (Offline)
New to JF

03-26-2008, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
The only way you're going to play FF7 on a PSP is either a PSP with a custom firmware running the ISO ripped from the PS1 game, or remote play off a PS3 with FF7, the original PS1 in it.
Oh okay, thank you
(#12 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
03-26-2008, 04:55 AM

Cool, I ain't much into FF7 and the likes, but I'm having second thoughts since in a sense, it's been elevating from popular demand. It's a coincidence FF: Crisis Core is a PSP playable, that would probably be the most convenient way to start off.

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

03-26-2008, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post
The Last Order (mini-movie) and Crisis Core (The PSP game) cover the same story plot.

As others have said, Last Order and Crisis Core are in the actual Playstation Final Fantasy VII game as a little cutscene.

So everything that is revealed about Zack and the Shinra is already covered in the original FF7 game. The Last Order Movie and Crisis Core game are about Zack and Cloud's relationship. The scenario is just gone over with more detail.

The Last Order mini-movie. (About 45 minutes?) Was released along with the Advent Children DVD. You could obtain it by buying the Special Edition of the Advent Children movie, so it's been around for awhile now.

The cellphone game, Before Crisis, is about the Turks, and their origins.

I was never aware of a Dirge of Cerberus cell phone game.
Well Dirge of Cerberus is a PS2 game. Apparently Dirge of Cerberus Lost Episode is a cell phone game.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

03-26-2008, 02:00 PM

Yes, I did play Dirge of Cerberus. Again that game explains the events of a secret cut-scene in the original FF7 game, but just in more detail, kind of like BC& LO.

DOC you revisit quite a few old places, which is pretty neat.

I liked the in-play art style, and thought the look of it was pretty unique. Though I thought it was a little bit too rushed, and they made up a lot of new characters/groups to explain other things. I might have to play it again since it confused me a little.

So does the cell phone game take place after the PS2 game?
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

03-26-2008, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post
Yes, I did play Dirge of Cerberus. Again that game explains the events of a secret cut-scene in the original FF7 game, but just in more detail, kind of like BC& LO.

DOC you revisit quite a few old places, which is pretty neat.

I liked the in-play art style, and thought the look of it was pretty unique. Though I thought it was a little bit too rushed, and they made up a lot of new characters/groups to explain other things. I might have to play it again since it confused me a little.

So does the cell phone game take place after the PS2 game?
I have no idea. I wasn't really aware there was a second cell phone game just that there was more than 5 items in the compilation. I think it takes place within the same timeframe as DoC for PS2.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Katura (Offline)
New to JF

03-26-2008, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolNard View Post
Cool, I ain't much into FF7 and the likes, but I'm having second thoughts since in a sense, it's been elevating from popular demand. It's a coincidence FF: Crisis Core is a PSP playable, that would probably be the most convenient way to start off.

Hmm, well it's pretty fun, and its a RPG along with a cool storyline.
Perhaps if you can find it somewhere ( FF7 ) you could try it out.

Yeah, I don't remember how huge it was when it came out in the beginning,
although I remember my dad telling me, that a lot of people LOVED the music on the game so much, that they kept asking if they could do a Orchestra so they could hear the music live. After a while, and after a lot of demands of
performing an Orchestra, they finally agreed to perform music ( from VII ) around the world, and the tickets were sold out in half a day o.0 That's crazy...
(#17 (permalink))
Old
animelover32 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to animelover32
03-27-2008, 01:30 AM

I haven't played the orignal VII either (my friend is going to let me borrow his finally...). I saw Last Order I felt it was incomplete, and they should've continued on with it. The only reason I know a lot about VII is because I've looked up things online, asked my friends, watched Advent Children, Last Order, and played Dirge of Cerberus.