LinkBack (1) Thread Tools
(#61 (permalink))
Old
aphrodite (Offline)
Korean Bombshell <3

10-23-2006, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyMayhem View Post
Cowboy Bebop is one of my favorite animes...next to Samurai Champoo (did I spell that right?), and Trigun and Ninja Scroll...oh I like them all!
yes u spelt it right
(#62 (permalink))
Old
ShadesOfDusk (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to ShadesOfDusk Send a message via MSN to ShadesOfDusk Send a message via Yahoo to ShadesOfDusk
Post 10-23-2006, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyMayhem View Post
Cowboy Bebop is one of my favorite animes...next to Samurai Champoo (did I spell that right?), and Trigun and Ninja Scroll...oh I like them all!
theres an l in champloo. i recommend watching the import or fansub versions of witch hunter robin as well...and cowboy bebop was awesome. champloo was ok, theres something i dont like about it but i dont know what it is Trigun is also a great anime. if you liked Trigun you should look into Grenadier ~Hohoemi no Senshi~.

"Come on, scribbles on the bathroom wall, please show me the path that I must follow! " - Excel (Excel Saga)

Personality can open doors, but only character can keep them open.- Elmer G. Letterman
(#63 (permalink))
Old
aphrodite (Offline)
Korean Bombshell <3

10-23-2006, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadesOfDusk View Post
theres an l in champloo. i recommend watching the import or fansub versions of witch hunter robin as well...and cowboy bebop was awesome. champloo was ok, theres something i dont like about it but i dont know what it is Trigun is also a great anime. if you liked Trigun you should look into Grenadier ~Hohoemi no Senshi~.
my bad i thought it was spelt right
(#64 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

10-23-2006, 08:43 PM

Haha, thats funny Samurai Champoo. lol...

Quote:
Oh must watch anime to watch. This month they have nice new series.

Death Note, D-Gray Man, Bartender, Shounen Onmyouji, and Pumpkin Scissors.
D-Gray Man is an anime?! Since when? I never even heard anything about it. How many episodes are there? Does anyone know how true it is to the book? By the way, to all you Death Note watchers out there I recommend you read the manga. There are 12 novels and the 8th one will be released next month in English. You could read the entire story online but I'd rather wait for the books.
(#65 (permalink))
Old
Vesperd (Offline)
Sit back and Chill.. :]

10-23-2006, 08:48 PM

Absolutely fantastic! Samurai Champloo is hands down one the best anime series I have ever had the pleasure of viewing. It is visually spectacular, mentally engaging and all round really really really good. Samurai Champloo is directed by the same man as the anime series Cowboy Bebop, Shinichiro Watanabe.
Evidently 'champloo' is Japanese for 'hip-hop', the music style, and 'bebop' is Japanese for 'jazz' making both anime related. The action and fighting scenes in Samurai Champloo are the best I have come across, amazingly stylistic and intergrated seemlessly with great hip-hop music and culture which is contrasted with the setting of the story in the edo period of ancient Japan making a really cool and fun, while still keeping its serious element, anime series.
If you are looking for a good anime series to really enjoy I recomend Samurai Champloo as top ten of anime you must see before you die. Cowboy Bebop is also excelent and well worth watching, the movie of which is THE best anime movie I have ever seen.
Samurai Champloo 9.5/10!

2006 - Japanforum, remember it.
(#66 (permalink))
Old
ShadesOfDusk (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to ShadesOfDusk Send a message via MSN to ShadesOfDusk Send a message via Yahoo to ShadesOfDusk
Thumbs up 10-23-2006, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post
Haha, thats funny Samurai Champoo. lol...

D-Gray Man is an anime?! Since when? I never even heard anything about it. How many episodes are there? Does anyone know how true it is to the book? By the way, to all you Death Note watchers out there I recommend you read the manga. There are 12 novels and the 8th one will be released next month in English. You could read the entire story online but I'd rather wait for the books.
3 eps of D.Gray Man have been released so far another should be released on wednesday i think. havent really read the manga so dont know how true to it it is...the opening is great though

"Come on, scribbles on the bathroom wall, please show me the path that I must follow! " - Excel (Excel Saga)

Personality can open doors, but only character can keep them open.- Elmer G. Letterman
(#67 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

10-23-2006, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadesOfDusk
3 eps of D.Gray Man have been released so far another should be released on wednesday i think. havent really read the manga so dont know how true to it it is...the opening is great though
Thats really cool, I had no idea. Have you watched it? Do you know what the story is about? It must be on youtube by now.
(#68 (permalink))
Old
ShadesOfDusk (Offline)
New to JF

Smile 10-23-2006, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post
Thats really cool, I had no idea. Have you watched it? Do you know what the story is about? It must be on youtube by now.
yep i've been keeping up with it. i think i know somewhat what the story's about...but idk maybe i should look into the manga

(#69 (permalink))
Old
MasterHien (Offline)
I have faith..

Send a message via MSN to MasterHien
10-23-2006, 09:29 PM

well one of my favorite is has to "be" FATE STAY NIGHT i mean come on it way better then full metal alchemist haha

(#70 (permalink))
Old
ShadesOfDusk (Offline)
New to JF

10-23-2006, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterHien View Post
well one of my favorite is has to "be" FATE STAY NIGHT i mean come on it way better then full metal alchemist haha
yes Fate/Stay Night was good but the ending seemed rushed. i thought they could of made it last longer.