JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#51 (permalink))
Old
Mazikeen (Offline)
His Word In Stone

09-14-2010, 01:39 AM

My life is screwed up enough without adding ridiculous scenarios into it. So, no, I would not ever wish my life was akin to a manga.
(#52 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-14-2010, 04:00 AM

I've never read any manga but they'd have to be pretty damned good to be better than the life I currently have!
(#53 (permalink))
Old
CajunPineapple (Offline)
New to JF

Nah. - 10-06-2010, 01:23 PM

My life is weird enough as it is. Being in a manga would just make it even more difficult. ._.
(#54 (permalink))
Old
yuujirou (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via AIM to yuujirou
10-06-2010, 01:49 PM

My life is already black and white w/ small shades of gray as is :3
Not too mention i do my own sound effects and story~
it's a drama that never ends nor climaxes w/ multitudes of themes and a wide variety of characters
It's even got panels! =DDD

In the shadows beneath the trees he waits.
In the darkness under the moon he plots
In the silence of the night he kills.
(#55 (permalink))
Old
Alexx (Offline)
New to JF

10-09-2010, 09:31 AM

No, because once your problems are solved and you get your "happily ever after", your life would just end right there. XD
(if it's a happy ending. >.>)
(#56 (permalink))
Old
curiosityshop (Offline)
New to JF

10-17-2010, 10:06 PM

Hmm, everything always seems so much more interesting in fiction, whether manga, anime or books. I think it's basically because they leave out all the boring bits like waking up in the morning, eating breakfast, going to the loo, doing your homework every day for 3 months before anything actually happens, and they exaggerate anything funny that happens, or anything romantic or scary or painful. The characters are also usually really attractive (if not in the pictures, then in our imaginations) and the heroes are always brave or 'special', so it's easy to get attached to them. If you guys are anything like me, you'll love anything that is fantasy like magic or dragons, basically things that cannot exist in our world. But if you think about it, the technology we have is beyond our understanding, and yet we don't find it 'magical', simply because we are used to it. If we had been born with the ability to use magic, we would find it no more interesting than we do light switches and calculators. I think by reading what happens to other people we are simply hiding from reality...It's not necessarily a bad thing, but like everything else, fiction should be consumed moderately, or else it will be harmful to you...
(#57 (permalink))
Old
mira (Offline)
JF Regular

10-18-2010, 02:46 AM

No, not at all. I have never actually read an entire manga but knowing they are mainly about violence and sex, I don't think I would want to. But then again, to be super skinny and have huge eyes would be nice!

Unfortunately a lot of people who read manga and watch anime, for some reason DO think that there life could be like that if they went to Japan or that Japanese life is like that. These people are naive and get me really frustrated sometimes. Not saying you or anyone here is I am just talking about and example of people I have come across. Manga and anime is not real and people who get so sucked up into it need to know Japan is not really like that so they don't need to go there and act like a fool. I am just throwing it out there, sorry, my thoughts kind of slipped out.

Last edited by mira : 10-18-2010 at 05:02 AM.
(#58 (permalink))
Old
XCherryBlossomsX (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to XCherryBlossomsX
10-18-2010, 02:48 AM

Sometimes.

Well, mainly when i wanna beat someone up, then thats when i need the fire background and need the ability to hurl a human into space. And when i have a gamer rage.

Hiii~ If you would like to add me on skype, E-mail me or something please.
(#59 (permalink))
Old
Rakutenka (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-21-2010, 09:34 PM

My life IS already like a Manga XD
*laughs*

...experienced lots of crazy things already XD
superficial life, yo !
it's possible XDD°

greetz~
Raku,.

Prussia is like a new cardigan: scrapes a bit but keeps you warm.

Each man to his own.