Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
04-11-2009, 06:38 AM

So if a person pretends to be someone of a different culture/race then he/she is considered a "racist?"

Ok then I guess this perfect Asian (presumably Japanese) woman is, indeed, a racist.

http://www.japanforum.com/gallery/da...e-2007-034.jpg

I highly doubt there are Japanese nuns. I could be wrong though.

And the 6 year old boy in the background is a racist too, since he's pretending to be Superman, and superman is an American made character, so that means this kid is a "racist" ?

猿も木から落ちる

Last edited by alanX : 04-11-2009 at 06:41 AM.
(#32 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

04-11-2009, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanX View Post
So if a person pretends to be someone of a different culture/race then he/she is considered a "racist?"

Ok then I guess this perfect Asian (presumably Japanese) woman is, indeed, a racist.

http://www.japanforum.com/gallery/da...e-2007-034.jpg

I highly doubt there are Japanese nuns. I could be wrong though.

And the 6 year old boy in the background is a racist too, since he's pretending to be Superman, and superman is an American made character, so that means this kid is a "racist" ?
I think this racist thing is getting out of hand..

I guess we all have negative connetations about different groups, but I do believe most people who claim they are racist against one or the other is actually ignorance..

A lot of Aussies may make a claim "Bloody Asians".

They categorize Asian into one culture but as we know, Chinese, Korean, Indonesian, Thai, Malaysian, Burmese, Lao, Cambodian, Vietnamese, Japanese, etc., are all different.. It's definitely ignorance with no logical reasoning behind it.

Of course racism in Australia is illegal so it would be difficult here to really be racist and you wouldn't get far cosindering the entire country is built on multi culturalism.

We recently had a politician who was claimed to be "racist", although all she was trying to say was that any ethinically different culture in Australia should be part of "our" culture, and "fit" in.

Esier said than done.. Imagine a refugee family from Kenya arriving on refugee status and how can we honestly claim they should be having a backyard BBQ on theweekend with a can of VB(Beer) in hand!

Maybe we don't know but I have a good idea as I have a lot of experience working, livving and making native friends in all parts, and each of the above are so different.

Infact, Thai's can't stand Indians, Korean's maybe 50% can't stand Japanese and vica versa..

I don't believe the Korean Japanese thing is deep down racism, but rather an old history thing with a more modern day non admitting frustration with a touch of fashion jealousy on the side

Just my two cents of course
Closed Thread