LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
JasonTakeshi (Offline)
Conceptual Doubt

01-21-2010, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
I suppose there's no need to explain how the analogy of religion beliefs with the definition of cute doesn't work, but hey you won't accept it, ever.

Now, to explain it better, the majority of the world (which is the collection of all groups, big and super small tiny ones like yours) has a different definition of cute. Lucy is not cute, Nyuu is... that was also the point of the anime, which you are opposing.

So yeah, you aren't normal. Claiming to be normal inside your tiny group won't help the case, neither mentioning it like you did. If you accepted what I said, you had better not dragged it more with sociology nonsense.
Yes, i will not accept it.

And again, there is no no such thing called "universal norms". You are generalizing to much.

I am normal inside my social group. Im not normal inside your social group. Im happy that im not inside your social group.

And yes, let's not drag it more. We wont get anywhere around with our "divergences".

Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like.
(#32 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-21-2010, 10:32 PM

I know it probably counts as manga and not anime, but Raenef from Demon Diary Totally cute and adorable!

rae.jpg
(#33 (permalink))
Old
PockyMePink (Offline)
=\

Send a message via MSN to PockyMePink
01-21-2010, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Furude Rika from Higurashi. She won Anime Saimoe Tournament 2007, as best female character. IMO, she is the cutest anime character ever.

Saimoe 2007

I don't get why people think she's cute. First off, Higurashi's animation doesn't fit the "cute" style, so anything I see her in outside of fanart makes her look like a tard. Second, her porportions are super creepy. I mean, I know anime has a tendency to have large heads, but her head is HUGE! And her hair is even MORE HUGE! Also, the only thing that looks childish besides her height are her hands, which really throws her off. It's like she was born with super small hands/arms and physically disabled. /endrant

Off the top of my head...
Misuzu from Air

/spoiler/Too bad she dies
(#34 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
01-22-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockyMePink View Post
I don't get why people think she's cute. First off, Higurashi's animation doesn't fit the "cute" style
It does. Or better, the anime is meant to be that way so the horror parts get you more.

I agree her hair is huge though. She looks a lot better at Umineko btw.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#35 (permalink))
Old
Toramania (Offline)
New to JF

01-23-2010, 02:21 PM

Kagura from Gintama:

Ah! Wrong picture! Sorry, sorry ^^;

Ladies and gentlemen, Kagura From Gintama:

Nout only her face is cute, but also her personality. She is a hyperactive young girl, very funny and also very nice. The world will be better if there was a Kagura in every anime

阪神タイガースは最高や!
まぐろを釣るのは最悪だ!
(#36 (permalink))
Old
JasonTakeshi (Offline)
Conceptual Doubt

01-23-2010, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toramania View Post
Kagura from Gintama:

Ah! Wrong picture! Sorry, sorry ^^;

Ladies and gentlemen, Kagura From Gintama:

Nout only her face is cute, but also her personality. She is a hyperactive young girl, very funny and also very nice. The world will be better if there was a Kagura in every anime
I find the first picture very cute.

Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like.
(#37 (permalink))
Old
PockyMePink (Offline)
=\

Send a message via MSN to PockyMePink
01-23-2010, 08:33 PM

Quote:
It does. Or better, the anime is meant to be that way so the horror parts get you more.

I agree her hair is huge though. She looks a lot better at Umineko btw.
I think it tries to fit the cute style, but 90% of the time the art is such a hit and miss for me it's hard to tell what exactly it's trying to do. The anime didn't have enough horror to fit my taste either, but that's another story...
(#38 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
01-23-2010, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockyMePink View Post
I think it tries to fit the cute style, but 90% of the time the art is such a hit and miss for me it's hard to tell what exactly it's trying to do. The anime didn't have enough horror to fit my taste either, but that's another story...
It's actually gore, not really horror. And you probably haven't seen the later DVD releases which are uncensored and are pretty bad.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#39 (permalink))
Old
Morticia (Offline)
New to JF

01-23-2010, 09:07 PM

Has to be Momo from Samurai Champloo

(#40 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

01-23-2010, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTakeshi View Post
I find the first picture very cute.
Not even extreme terrorist beheaders would find it cute.

Quote: