JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#221 (permalink))
Old
Qayin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-29-2010, 04:47 PM

Yeah, may be you're correct. It's like when you wanna quit smoking. You know it's bad to your lung, but there are still some devil inside you.

It's the same to piracy. You know it's bad. You wanna stop it, but you still do it.

I know your point "only knowing it's bad is not enough, you need actions"

But for our country, culture, situation right now. To start "thinking" is quite difficult (but not impossible for sure). The govt' talk about "copyright law" when commonmen don't know "What the hell is intellectual property?".

But, at least it's still better than 15 years ago. Now Thailand has "Police Crackdown!". (but the truth is the cops still take bribe from the shops to tell them "when they need to close their doors")

We still doing better and better. I know better is not enough. But at least we tried! At least some of us start to have shame!

Last edited by Qayin : 08-29-2010 at 04:50 PM.
(#222 (permalink))
Old
bhl88 (Offline)
JF Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
08-29-2010, 05:32 PM

If there was a manga subscription (a manga counterpart to Crunchyroll) [hovering over the text to show the translations], then it would be better... (or more manga cafes)

Info on Lolita Fashion: TeamSugar LiveJournal

(#223 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

08-29-2010, 05:37 PM

out of interest, what's the stance on subtitled drama sites? I know a number of people who use them a lot and I was wondering if it was the same as manga/anime or if it were slightly different?
(#224 (permalink))
Old
Aniymay (Offline)
The Anime Renagade

Send a message via Yahoo to Aniymay
08-29-2010, 06:34 PM

Yah, i'm mad too about the whole closing down Onemanga stuff, because I just started loving that website and now it's closing down. In a way I do understand cause If we can just go straight 2 onemanga and look a manga up there without worring 2 buy it, the publishers will never make any money. But Its still bad because what if we want to read the old manga that don't even sell anymore? Thats why i go up there and read manga like Kodocha and Inuyasha. Also, what if you wanted 2 look up there and read some manga that you know you cant buy or read any where else. So its like a confusing "win-win or lose-lose or IDK-WTF what are we gonna do" situation.

Hiya! Aniymay is:

~Hard to be Soft
Tough to be Tender~

(#225 (permalink))
Old
Qayin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-29-2010, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniymay View Post
Yah, i'm mad too about the whole closing down Onemanga stuff, because I just started loving that website and now it's closing down. In a way I do understand cause If we can just go straight 2 onemanga and look a manga up there without worring 2 buy it, the publishers will never make any money. But Its still bad because what if we want to read the old manga that don't even sell anymore? Thats why i go up there and read manga like Kodocha and Inuyasha. Also, what if you wanted 2 look up there and read some manga that you know you cant buy or read any where else. So its like a confusing "win-win or lose-lose or IDK-WTF what are we gonna do" situation.
I'm going to scanlation website too, but what I do are:

1. Read manga that haven't been released in my country yet (And when the tankobon release in my country, I gonna grab it anyway) I always read scaned Initial D and then I will buy it when it's released.
2. Read some manga that would be never released in my country officially (like Futari Ecchi because it's so much ecchi and can't be published in my country)

About out-of-print mangas, I think in the future they should do something like official scanlation website that charge your money, or may be e-manga. I think this way it will be more environmental friendly too.
(#226 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
10-15-2010, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbine View Post
out of interest, what's the stance on subtitled drama sites? I know a number of people who use them a lot and I was wondering if it was the same as manga/anime or if it were slightly different?
I believe the generic stance is the same. At least, for me, it's the same.
EDIT: The stance I'm referring to is the preference of subtitled over voice dubbed series.

Anyway, there are other e-manga sites, so the closure of onemanga isn't such a big deal (although initially I was quite freaked out, too ).

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.

Last edited by CoolNard : 10-15-2010 at 10:26 AM.
(#227 (permalink))
Old
MangaChan (Offline)
Banned

10-22-2010, 10:18 AM

Sure Onemanga may be gone but there are plenty of other sites to read on