JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Moot (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Moot
One Manga is closing down - 07-30-2010, 10:20 AM

I think tomorrow is the last day of onemanga so RIP to the best manga site (well for me) on the net. Ive been using it since 2006-7ish and Ill definitely miss it.

been a forum member since 08 too
(#2 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-30-2010, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moot View Post
I think tomorrow is the last day of onemanga so RIP to the best manga site (well for me) on the net. Ive been using it since 2006-7ish and Ill definitely miss it.

been a forum member since 08 too
It is a sad thing that the site's closing down, it was an excellent site. I don't really understand why it's closing down though to be honest, I mean since onemanga and mangafox have taken down their manga dozens of other links have popped up with 'ah, but you can go here instead and still read it!' . . . if people can still easily find it online then it seems silly to try and stop them from reading it, and not particulary fair to make one or two sites close but not any of the others
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Moot (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Moot
07-30-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinMask View Post
It is a sad thing that the site's closing down, it was an excellent site. I don't really understand why it's closing down though to be honest, I mean since onemanga and mangafox have taken down their manga dozens of other links have popped up with 'ah, but you can go here instead and still read it!' . . . if people can still easily find it online then it seems silly to try and stop them from reading it, and not particulary fair to make one or two sites close but not any of the others
well recently the big shots of Japanese manga had started taking the whole unliscenced online manga industry seriously and has taken some action by taking OM, a bigshot down. I wouldn't be surprised if others follow
(#4 (permalink))
Old
nobora (Offline)
Fan Ichigou

07-30-2010, 04:58 PM

It does suck that its closing down. Thats how I read alot of manga nd how i got into some anime. But manga-kas arnt getting any profit from that so I guess its for the best.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
animerox102 (Offline)
Hello there! ^^

Send a message via MSN to animerox102 Send a message via Yahoo to animerox102 Send a message via Skype™ to animerox102
07-30-2010, 06:01 PM

Well actually the only part of One Manga that is really getting shut down is the manga part, but they will still have up the forums and everything.

Anime Expo 2011 attendee
(#6 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-30-2010, 06:15 PM

One Manga is being shut down because it was an illegal operation. I am happy the manga publishers have gotten together to work as a unified force to start shutting these illegal operations down.

Keep in mind, on JF posting links to these sites (One Manga is now down) is against the rules.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
conflitz (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to conflitz Send a message via MSN to conflitz
07-31-2010, 12:51 AM

What a shame. Twas a great site, but there are still plenty others, and I'm sure there will always be ways to read manga online.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-31-2010, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conflitz View Post
What a shame. Twas a great site, but there are still plenty others, and I'm sure there will always be ways to read manga online.
God, I sure hope not, unless it is done officially by the license holding publishers and not by online criminals who steal from the poor and give to the greedy.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

07-31-2010, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
God, I sure hope not, unless it is done officially by the license holding publishers and not by online criminals who steal from the poor and give to the greedy.
Aren't we straying from the post topic a bit here?

How about continuing here?

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"
(#10 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-31-2010, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koir View Post
Aren't we straying from the post topic a bit here?
My post couldn't have been any more ON TOPIC.