CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
10-02-2010, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
No, it's not.

Not gonna happen.
That's what you think. This isn't merely my opinion, go look it up on the net and you'll find some websites advocating that cause. I've justified myself with illustrations. If you wanna put me down, at least do the same, bud.

@Swordmaster Depends on who you see as eccentric and who's not. People who live as cosplayers? People who have their costumes on for more than a day? People who give out autographs because they're believed to be the epitome of the characters? Fashion is relative; that's something you gotta realize. I'd never call someone's fashion statement crazy, unless they obviously hurt others.

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.

Last edited by CoolNard : 10-02-2010 at 04:54 AM.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

10-05-2010, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolNard View Post
That's what you think. This isn't merely my opinion, go look it up on the net and you'll find some websites advocating that cause. I've justified myself with illustrations. If you wanna put me down, at least do the same, bud.
When I'll see professional models on a podium wearing costumes from anime then I'll agree with you. But for now, it doesn't matter how many sites advocate or how many pics are out there. Cosplay is just a trend in anime and video game fan circle and it will never be anything bigger than that.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Yumikoo (Offline)
New to JF

10-05-2010, 03:06 AM

Quote:

@Swordmaster Depends on who you see as eccentric and who's not. People who live as cosplayers? People who have their costumes on for more than a day? People who give out autographs because they're believed to be the epitome of the characters? Fashion is relative; that's something you gotta realize. I'd never call someone's fashion statement crazy, unless they obviously hurt others.
Agreed!!!
(#14 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

10-05-2010, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
When I'll see professional models on a podium wearing costumes from anime then I'll agree with you. But for now, it doesn't matter how many sites advocate or how many pics are out there. Cosplay is just a trend in anime and video game fan circle and it will never be anything bigger than that.
A reply I appreciate a lot better. Thanks.

They don't have to be worn by models to be globally accepted. When I say globally accepted, it means that you can see a portion of each populace wearing them, every now and then.

I'm not actually basing my perspectives on sites and pics, I recently saw the cafe thing on local news and anime conventions are factual occurences you can't deny either. Cosplay is something that is impregnating the outside reality with its come-to-life fantasies, and its unique and radical outlook. As a fashion statement, it has to be somewhat appealing to young people, no matter how ridiculous it might seem to the older generation.

@Yumikoo Awesome!

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Swordmaster (Offline)
JF Regular

10-05-2010, 12:54 PM

Quote:

Eh? I think I forgot I posted here...

Anyways - what you seem to be describing is a mix of craziness and cosplaying. Craziness is awesome, most of the time. If someone makes a crazy fashion statement, it's all good - I give 'em the thumbs up. Crazy cosplayers not wearing any underclothing in a revealing cosplay... that is crazy - in the bad way.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

10-06-2010, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordmaster View Post
Eh? I think I forgot I posted here...

Anyways - what you seem to be describing is a mix of craziness and cosplaying. Craziness is awesome, most of the time. If someone makes a crazy fashion statement, it's all good - I give 'em the thumbs up. Crazy cosplayers not wearing any underclothing in a revealing cosplay... that is crazy - in the bad way.
LOL, you sure did.

By underclothing, you mean undergarments? Sure, that's way crazy. I wasn't talking about scanty cosplays suited to gawking old men and depraved sluts, I was talking about a fantasy cosplay meant for visual recreation and marvel, and fulfilling an intrinsic sense of longing for a come-to-life character.

(#17 (permalink))
Old
Kandierain15 (Offline)
Mizu No Megami♥

10-09-2010, 09:38 PM

Welp,
no one has posted on heree yet, sooo..

Yeshh I love cosplaying! ♥
but it's veryyyy expensive. D:
So me and my friends usually mix and fix normal clothes to make up our own versions.! =3

8/21/09
(#18 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

10-10-2010, 06:55 AM

Hi misfitmosher, there's already a cosplay thread here, so I just merged the two. Thanks and keep up the posts!

I love cosplaying btw.

(#19 (permalink))
Old
Saber (Offline)
New to JF

10-12-2010, 12:46 AM

I cosplay, my favorite has been Saber from Fate/Stay Night. I make all my costumes.

Last edited by Saber : 10-12-2010 at 12:47 AM. Reason: wrong spelling
(#20 (permalink))
Old
BakaTensei (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to BakaTensei
10-12-2010, 12:53 AM

Only time I would really get the chance to cosplay would be halloween if that can even be considered cosplay

Dressed up as Ken from street fighter and strangly enough I nearly got into a fight on a street =D

This year I'm going to be Sora from kingdom hearts 2, heres hoping I can magic a keyblade into my hand and get to beat some baddys up