LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-07-2007, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shidash View Post
I do look at the wider varieties. I am not trying to say that anime and manga has a certain style, I am trying to say that people in countries other than Japan can create anime and manga with enough work in the right direction. Currently I am considering leaving this forum because I feel unwelcome enough to do so. I will stay one more week and see if I am convinced to stay.
Shidash, your threats to leave because you are not being welcomed are growing a bit tiresome. There are so many people in JF, it's like Grand Central Station.

If you need a forum where everyone agrees with you for you to feel welcome, then JF probably isn't it. Like I said before, if you are interested in Japan and have something to contribute, then you will always be welcome here. If you are just going to accuse people of flaming and not being welcoming after the volume of questions you have asked, and the generous answers you have gotten by people like me and Housetek and several others, than please don't wait a week to quit coming.
(#32 (permalink))
Old
kokunin (Offline)
POwer of the tongue

Send a message via MSN to kokunin Send a message via Yahoo to kokunin
08-07-2007, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Just a question on this topic. Is it possible to be a manga author without being an artist? Can you work with someone else? I am great with writing and storylines but I can't draw.
SURE!! they do it alll the freakin' time, but you have to work with someone that's a friend of yours and you draw...(and make sure he puts your name and his name on the work)

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven."
-God

good night...
(#33 (permalink))
Old
ILOVEJAPAN (Offline)
JF Old Timer

:( - 08-07-2007, 08:33 PM

Quote:
I do look at the wider varieties. I am not trying to say that anime and manga has a certain style, I am trying to say that people in countries other than Japan can create anime and manga with enough work in the right direction. Currently I am considering leaving this forum because I feel unwelcome enough to do so. I will stay one more week and see if I am convinced to stay.
I apoligize If I came off as unfreindly, that wasnt my intention. I wasnt trying to blame anyone of anything, the conversation itself was just reminding me of a praticularly anoying conversation I had with somone before...

I also see how: "Dont ask anymore qustions, do whatever you want" could seem unfreindly, I litteraly just meant that you should do whatever you want.

Please stay on this thread I would feel terrible if I drove somone off of a thread just because of a few misunderstandings.
(#34 (permalink))
Old
Shidash (Offline)
JF Regular

08-07-2007, 08:56 PM

Sorry, I just overreact a lot. I am interested in Japan and I will stay here. But I don't have too much to contribute yet and that is why I ask questions. I do appreciate the answers I get. I hope to go from someone asking questions to someone who can answer them but that will take some time. I shouldn't be accusing people of flaming or saying I will quit. I will stay. Sometimes I can get really down about some of the things people say but I should try and appreciate the good parts more.
(#35 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-07-2007, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Sorry, I just overreact a lot. I am interested in Japan and I will stay here. But I don't have too much to contribute yet and that is why I ask questions. I do appreciate the answers I get. I hope to go from someone asking questions to someone who can answer them but that will take some time. I shouldn't be accusing people of flaming or saying I will quit. I will stay. Sometimes I can get really down about some of the things people say but I should try and appreciate the good parts more.
Shidash, you are young (and that's OK), but if you are going to hang out on an all-ages forum, you need to be prepared to play with the big boys and girls. No one says anything to hurt you, and if you are hurt by it then I think you are over-thinking it a bit. Flame wars and the like DO happen, but as long as you are civil and keep a straight head and stay on topic, it should never happen. If it does report it on the sticky in the General Discussion part, and other people will do the same. You will see people defend each other here when someone is being obnoxious, so don't worry. As long as you act in a reasonable fashion, no one will gang up on you.

If you really really are getting down about what people say, then maybe you should take a break, for you. Forums like this are used by nice people, and people just playing around. Regardless, you can't take anything people say too seriously. No one thinks ill thoughts of Shidash, so don't worry about it. None of us really know you (or each other) so when you are here, be Shidash, and when you are not, put Shidash to bed and don't think about her.

When I say "contribute" I don't necessarily mean "provide information". Simply asking good questions and giving your opinions is all I would ask. I know I know more about Japan than a lot of people here because I have lived and worked there and speak the language. I enjoy answering questions for people, so that's why I come here.
(#36 (permalink))
Old
Shidash (Offline)
JF Regular

08-07-2007, 11:09 PM

Thanks for the advice. I think I am okay for now
(#37 (permalink))
Old
ShiaLover44 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to ShiaLover44
Talking 08-08-2007, 12:09 AM

i plan to do it annd travel to japan in college and become an anime girl artist

I love shojo with all my heart!!!
(#38 (permalink))
Old
ILOVEJAPAN (Offline)
JF Old Timer

apoligize - 08-08-2007, 06:38 PM

Again, I would just like to say, if I seemed like I was trying to start I fight, I apoligize. That was not my intention. I hope I wasnt somone who seemed anoying. I hate to be that person.
(#39 (permalink))
Old
Shidash (Offline)
JF Regular

08-08-2007, 09:19 PM

I am thinking that next time I can go to a convention I could look for artists but I don't want to come across as an inexperienced little kid. I haven't finished my book yet. If I waited I would have pretty good proof that I can write well but that would be a couple more years at most. I could ask now but that would likely not work well. I think I should wait. Your opinions?
(#40 (permalink))
Old
ILOVEJAPAN (Offline)
JF Old Timer

I dunno - 08-08-2007, 10:26 PM

Quote:
I am thinking that next time I can go to a convention I could look for artists but I don't want to come across as an inexperienced little kid. I haven't finished my book yet. If I waited I would have pretty good proof that I can write well but that would be a couple more years at most. I could ask now but that would likely not work well. I think I should wait. Your opinions?
I dunno I guess it depends on how old you are, Or how old you look, or how much confidence you have. I think you should probably wait awhile and try to develop some art skills of your own. Maybe you can eventualy get to a point where you can draw the art yourself.