JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
Kekkaishi!! - 10-19-2007, 03:28 PM

This anime is pretty decent compared to what has been coming out after the big hits like Bleach, Naruto, Death Note and the likes. It has action, romance, thrills, the usual yet ironically unpredictable twists and turns in the storyplots. I'd say it's kinda Bleach/Inuyasha standard minus a bit, or whatever you guys wanna think.

It revolves around a boy, Sumimura Yoshimori and his childhood friend, Yukimura Tokine, whose families are involved in a 400-year dispute for the title of "Legitimate Successor" of the land containing the legendary power of Karasumori. The story indulges greatly in the supernatural and its entities, which are commonly known as Ayakashi. In the process of growing up, both Yoshimori and Tokine, the Kekkaishi of Karasumori, together with their trusty ghost hounds, battle the Ayakashi everynight in order to prevent them from using Karasumori to transform into vicious demons capable of mass destruction...

Blah, blah, blah... and the suspense is boringly ruined -.- Please people, go watch it; it's worth it. The episodes should be released and fully subbed here:

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.

Last edited by CoolNard : 09-24-2010 at 02:27 AM. Reason: removed links
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Ito (Offline)
<3 Fahad

Talking 10-19-2007, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolNard View Post
This anime is pretty decent compared to what has been coming out after the big hits like Bleach, Naruto, Death Note and the likes. It has action, romance, thrills, the usual yet ironically unpredictable twists and turns in the storyplots. I'd say it's kinda Bleach/Inuyasha standard minus a bit, or whatever you guys wanna think.

It revolves around a boy, Sumimura Yoshimori and his childhood friend, Yukimura Tokine, whose families are involved in a 400-year dispute for the title of "Legitimate Successor" of the land containing the legendary power of Karasumori. The story indulges greatly in the supernatural and its entities, which are commonly known as Ayakashi. In the process of growing up, both Yoshimori and Tokine, the Kekkaishi of Karasumori, together with their trusty ghost hounds, battle the Ayakashi everynight in order to prevent them from using Karasumori to transform into vicious demons capable of mass destruction...

Blah, blah, blah... and the suspense is boringly ruined -.- Please people, go watch it; it's worth it. The episodes should be released and fully subbed here:

TV Links

thanks for the advice i will dowload it then. ^^

i got irc now
find mangas on lurk
my site: http://jennikaisa.hi5.com/
Member in deviantart: ito86
http://13gb.com/pictures/2288/ WTF
protest against facebook!!

(#3 (permalink))
Old
kitski (Offline)
Kakkoi

10-19-2007, 04:54 PM

thanks cooly.i have been looking for a decent anime.the second i read its an surenatural anime i was in.im definitely going to watch it.
you should watch kenichi..but i guess yoy have already seen it.its rly great.its a pity that it ended too soon.its about a boy who started learning martial arts under 6 masters of their field.if u havent seen it you should...ohh and i send mucho hugs to you and to near and to aoshi*hugs*havent seen you guys for a long time.

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Just walk beside me and be my friend.-- Albert Camus
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

10-19-2007, 06:13 PM

I read the first manga book. It was pretty funny. I picked it up a few months ago because the style attracted my attention. The anime looks like the style is close to the books. Which is a good thing. Maybe I should read more.

I like it how the main character wants to always cook and make cakes and his grandpa rather him go out and train.

Good looking out and posting about it Nard-kun!
(#5 (permalink))
Old
SamuraiAlchemistNinja (Offline)
Tired Philosopher...

Send a message via Yahoo to SamuraiAlchemistNinja
09-19-2010, 03:23 PM

This does seem like a pretty good anime from what I've seen (I started watching it when it came on adultswim).
And I also like how Yoshimori is always trying to make that perfect cake for Tokine lol

I'm pretty content with life right now....For the most part, anyway....Well, at least, I'm pretty sure I am....
(#6 (permalink))
Old
IonFortuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to IonFortuna Send a message via Skype™ to IonFortuna
09-19-2010, 03:44 PM

When I first heard it was gonna be on adult swim I went online and started watching subbed episodes
(#7 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

09-20-2010, 02:17 AM

-First reaction to adultswim: predictible shonen plot . . .kinda boring . . .hrm . . .-
Now: It's still shonen . . .but it's pretty good, it's funny and wacky!! I started watching from a random episode and was of course confused but then this thread cleared some things up

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

09-24-2010, 01:51 AM

It's sad that the anime isn't finished, though. The only comfort I can seek from that is that the manga is still ongoing. It would really have been a pretty good anime.

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
nobora (Offline)
Fan Ichigou

09-24-2010, 02:12 AM

I think MMM will scold you for giving links like that but Yea its a good anime. Im watching it on adult swim.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

09-24-2010, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobora View Post
I think MMM will scold you for giving links like that but Yea its a good anime. Im watching it on adult swim.
Yeah, I was young and naive and ignorant of the rules back then, my bad. But the link is broken anyway, and I've removed it.

Well, if you catch any updates of the anime's status, be sure to post it here.