JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
MTH (Offline)
JF Regular

10-23-2007, 10:22 PM

just started watching Elfen Lied, just finished episode 5 and seems pretty cool so far

(#22 (permalink))
Old
Powermad147 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-23-2007, 10:41 PM

Btw, about the discussion of Lucy killing innocents...She also killed a random girl passing her by in one of the early episodes, though I can't remember when...I personally believe she is cold-blooded, but for at least a little bit of a good reason.

(#23 (permalink))
Old
ILOVEJAPAN (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-24-2007, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powermad147 View Post
Btw, about the discussion of Lucy killing innocents...She also killed a random girl passing her by in one of the early episodes, though I can't remember when...I personally believe she is cold-blooded, but for at least a little bit of a good reason.
I do remember that, and I agree that she is cold-blooded (although somehow I still can't hate her for it). Although, by the time she had gotten around to killing inocents, she had already experienced so much pain, torture, and agony, that she became twisted and hated all humanity. So to her all humans are evil and no one is inocent. Thats why she can kill, and still be unaffected.

I really liked how Kouta good see the humanity in her. That was very touching to me.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
AznGurlKimchi (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to AznGurlKimchi Send a message via MSN to AznGurlKimchi Send a message via Yahoo to AznGurlKimchi
10-24-2007, 02:42 AM

Oh I know this other show that is very similar to Elfen Lied and theres a girl that reminds me soo much to Na-cha...Sorry i call her Na-chan. But the show is called Tokko yes like (taco) but I belive you can either watch it on Veoh.com or Youtube.com.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Powermad147 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-24-2007, 03:03 AM

Theres another show that is similar to Elfen Lied, called "This Ugly Yet Beautiful World". Isn't close to as good, but its GAINAX, so I automaticly recommend it ^_^

(#26 (permalink))
Old
ILOVEJAPAN (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-24-2007, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Theres another show that is similar to Elfen Lied, called "This Ugly Yet Beautiful World". Isn't close to as good, but its GAINAX, so I automaticly recommend it ^_^
Oh when I was watching "Buetifull Yet Ugly World" I was thinking it was so extremley simealer to somthing that they had to be ripping it off. Although, I only saw a few episodes and I cant remember what happend, so I'm not really sure what the simealeritys were, but it was probably EL that it was reminding me of.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
AgnieszkaKonnichiwa (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to AgnieszkaKonnichiwa Send a message via Skype™ to AgnieszkaKonnichiwa
10-24-2007, 05:34 AM

Elfen Lied is one of the best anime I've ever seen. Yes, I cried, a lot , because it was so beautiful. The voilence is pretty rugh but it's ok with me.
I simply love this anime!!
(#28 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

10-24-2007, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Yes shes cold blooded. Shes out to kill humanity to further her own species' existence. Like I said, it's her relationship with Kouta that gives her any feelings and morals about what she does, otherwise she'd be a true cold blooded killer like most of the other Diclonii.

Dunno, couldn't think up a better plural >.>

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#29 (permalink))
Old
ILOVEJAPAN (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-24-2007, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
Yes shes cold blooded. Shes out to kill humanity to further her own species' existence. Like I said, it's her relationship with Kouta that gives her any feelings and morals about what she does, otherwise she'd be a true cold blooded killer like most of the other Diclonii.

Dunno, couldn't think up a better plural >.>
hehehe Diclonii.

I think the real reason that all the "Diclonii" are so violant, is because humans treated them so badly. If it werent for human oppression, I think they would have fit in with regular society. Its just another example of humans destroying themselves.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

10-24-2007, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILOVEJAPAN View Post
hehehe Diclonii.

I think the real reason that all the "Diclonii" are so violant, is because humans treated them so badly. If it werent for human oppression, I think they would have fit in with regular society. Its just another example of humans destroying themselves.
I dunno about that. They are shown to be killers since they are born and its stated quite a few times about them as well. They are just natural born killers, something akin to vampires cept they don't need us for food.
The fact that Lucy is the "queen" and begins to get morals, shows us that it is possible that this species can learn not to kill humans so easily.
I dunno, maybe there is more stated about them not being natural born killers in the Manga and you have read or seen this I've only seen the Anime.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers

Last edited by ivi0nk3y : 10-24-2007 at 08:50 PM.