JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Powermad147 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-23-2007, 04:35 AM

You know what two things i look for in anime? Romance, and a chance to question my own morals. Elfen Lied is my favorite anime of all time because it supplies both. The thing that always stuck out in my mind is, in a sick, twisted way, Lucy's love for Koata is probably the strongest love I've ever seen in an anime. She kills anyone and everyone that gets in her way, even most that don't get in her way die because she is a reckless killer, but as soon as Koata is near her, she can't kill until its completely necessary. Also, she hardly considers other diclonis worthy of life, and doesn't even treat humans as living creatures, but with Koata its completely different. I could write an entire report on how tragic and wonderful their relationship was ^_^. Oh, let me add that i WILL write an entire report on it if someone would like to see it =P.

Long story short? LUCY RULES! ^_^

In advance, please excuse me if i comment way too much on this thread, but I'm absolutely obsessed with this anime. This, and Evangelion. I'd be happy to discuss either more deeply if anyone so desires =P

(#12 (permalink))
Old
Darkhatecrew (Offline)
COOKIE!

Send a message via MSN to Darkhatecrew
10-23-2007, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
Its a shame Nyuu/Lucy had to kill some innocent people as well
If I can remember correctly (Wich I can't and I may be wrong. But it was sometime since I saw the anime. Let alone read the manga.) But "innocent" Most of the people that died. That I could remember something was trying to hurt Nyuu. Physical(Guns) or emotional(Dog part). But wich people are you reffering to as innocent?

Member[color="Yellow"]
(#13 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

10-23-2007, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhatecrew View Post
If I can remember correctly (Wich I can't and I may be wrong. But it was sometime since I saw the anime. Let alone read the manga.) But "innocent" Most of the people that died. That I could remember something was trying to hurt Nyuu. Physical(Guns) or emotional(Dog part). But wich people are you reffering to as innocent?
Well she killed people at the fair as well as Koutas sister. She doesn't kill the dog though (Wanta), if that's what you're referring to

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Darkhatecrew (Offline)
COOKIE!

Send a message via MSN to Darkhatecrew
10-23-2007, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
Well she killed people at the fair as well as Koutas sister. She doesn't kill the dog though (Wanta), if that's what you're referring to
I'm not referring to the DOG. I'm referring to the people killing the dog in the flashback. . Sure she killed the people at the fair and Kouta's sister. But She does kill alot more soldiers and people that are guilty of trying to hurt her.

Member[color="Yellow"]
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Tsuzuki (Offline)
冷血の私生児

Send a message via ICQ to Tsuzuki Send a message via MSN to Tsuzuki Send a message via Yahoo to Tsuzuki Send a message via Skype™ to Tsuzuki
10-23-2007, 08:51 AM

I love Elfen Lied !!! XD

ギャー(*0*((◎—————ー(°°; ) スッポヌケ〜
✿ あなた だけ が みれば いい... 狂気と真実は紙一重 ✿

そして坊やは眠りについて 息衝く灰の中の炎ひとつ、ふたつと 浮かぶふくらみ愛しい横顔 大地に垂るる幾千の夢、夢 銀の瞳のゆら(◕‿‿◕ )
It's a thin line between genius and stupidity. Once you cross it there is no going back!! Luckily I have tippex and a pen so I can just redraw it where I like!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA =_=

†♫†
(#16 (permalink))
Old
kyo_9 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via Yahoo to kyo_9
10-23-2007, 09:03 AM

the anime is very cool..
I like it

LiVe Ur LiFe
Don't do drugs!

(#17 (permalink))
Old
Tsuzuki (Offline)
冷血の私生児

Send a message via ICQ to Tsuzuki Send a message via MSN to Tsuzuki Send a message via Yahoo to Tsuzuki Send a message via Skype™ to Tsuzuki
10-23-2007, 09:28 AM

you can find nice wallpapers at . animepaper.net !

ギャー(*0*((◎—————ー(°°; ) スッポヌケ〜
✿ あなた だけ が みれば いい... 狂気と真実は紙一重 ✿

そして坊やは眠りについて 息衝く灰の中の炎ひとつ、ふたつと 浮かぶふくらみ愛しい横顔 大地に垂るる幾千の夢、夢 銀の瞳のゆら(◕‿‿◕ )
It's a thin line between genius and stupidity. Once you cross it there is no going back!! Luckily I have tippex and a pen so I can just redraw it where I like!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA =_=

†♫†
(#18 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

10-23-2007, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhatecrew View Post
I'm not referring to the DOG. I'm referring to the people killing the dog in the flashback. . Sure she killed the people at the fair and Kouta's sister. But She does kill alot more soldiers and people that are guilty of trying to hurt her.
I know she kills people that are guilty of trying to hurt her, but my point was she kills innocents also. The only way she can relate to this being a bad thing is through Koutas reactions.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#19 (permalink))
Old
ILOVEJAPAN (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-23-2007, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powermad147 View Post
You know what two things i look for in anime? Romance, and a chance to question my own morals. Elfen Lied is my favorite anime of all time because it supplies both. The thing that always stuck out in my mind is, in a sick, twisted way, Lucy's love for Koata is probably the strongest love I've ever seen in an anime. She kills anyone and everyone that gets in her way, even most that don't get in her way die because she is a reckless killer, but as soon as Koata is near her, she can't kill until its completely necessary. Also, she hardly considers other diclonis worthy of life, and doesn't even treat humans as living creatures, but with Koata its completely different. I could write an entire report on how tragic and wonderful their relationship was ^_^. Oh, let me add that i WILL write an entire report on it if someone would like to see it =P.

Long story short? LUCY RULES! ^_^

In advance, please excuse me if i comment way too much on this thread, but I'm absolutely obsessed with this anime. This, and Evangelion. I'd be happy to discuss either more deeply if anyone so desires =P
Oh I want to read your report! I also think Lucy/Kouta to be a great pair. I think the most touching thing about it, is that he was still able to feel for her after she had done such awfull things to him.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
ILOVEJAPAN (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-23-2007, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchemistchild View Post
yeah, the series was very good.
Only thing is it didn't really conclude, besides saying that the human race is doomed.
If you want a better resolution, then read the manga. I think it actually one.

But I dont know, because I cant read Japanese.