LinkBack Thread Tools
(#241 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

05-03-2008, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
The point isn't that you or the next person won't turn into alcoholics but the fact that people do.
Btw, how many people do you know who are perfectly happy with themselves?
I made this point earlier with Alastor.
Okay then, not perfectly, but happy enough. And I am happy with myself, and some of my friends are pretty happy too as far as I know. Myself personally, I have nothing to be sad about, so I guess I am just a very lucky person. I know people do turn into alcoholics, but I was saying that not everyone that drinks does, which is rather obvious.
(#242 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

05-03-2008, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Okay then, not perfectly, but happy enough. And I am happy with myself, and some of my friends are pretty happy too as far as I know. Myself personally, I have nothing to be sad about, so I guess I am just a very lucky person. I know people do turn into alcoholics, but I was saying that not everyone that drinks does, which is rather obvious.
Alcohol is a contributor toward violence and street crime in the UK.
For example in a 2006/07 survey, 46% of all offenders were under the influence of alcohol. 39% of domestic violence cases involved alcohol and in more than a million acts the offenders were believed to be drunk.
To just think how alcohol effects yourselves is pretty short sighted and selfish.
It is a problem for a lot of people and THAT is the issue.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#243 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

05-03-2008, 11:35 AM

Quote:
For example in a 2006/07 survey, 46% of all offenders were under the influence of alcohol. 39% of domestic violence cases involved alcohol and in more than a million acts the offenders were believed to be drunk.
To just think how alcohol effects yourselves is pretty short sighted and selfish.

I drink responsibly so I don't inflict damage on myself or others, and a lot of people who drink are the same. That is my point.

I know alcohol is a problem when not consumed responsibly and I know a lot of crimes are influenced by it, so I agree with you.
(#244 (permalink))
Old
chaseme (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-03-2008, 12:01 PM

Quote:
i havent been drunk. But even so i have never felt like doing something stupid..

I think those offenders are capable of doing stupid stuff in the first place even without the help of alcohol im sure that majority of those offenders knows what they do when drunk but still they let themselves get drunk.

A very good example.
You got drunk got home and beat your wife. what happen next?
Can you say that those people only got drunk and beat his wife once?
or will he get drunk again and beat his wife again?

If your in the right mind you'll do option A BUT majority of domestic violence offenders DO repeat getting drunk and beat their wife. can you blame that on alcohol.
(#245 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

05-03-2008, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseme View Post
iIf your in the right mind you'll do option A BUT majority of domestic violence offenders DO repeat getting drunk and beat their wife. can you blame that on alcohol.
Yes I can? They are getting drunk and beating their spouse. The drink also gets rid of peoples inhibitions. Unless they're psychologically f***ed up, they will be even more likely to do something wrong when they drink alcohol.

Anyway I don't see why people take it so personally. I'm not talking about you as it's already been established that you aren't the people who go around causing problems whilst drinking.
However I am saying that drinking causes problems with a lot of people and you are more likely to have a problem with alcohol as you grow older and face life. Unless you're already one of those kids who likes to get ASBOs or whatever juvenile reprimand there might be.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers

Last edited by ivi0nk3y : 05-03-2008 at 01:59 PM.
(#246 (permalink))
Old
chaseme (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-03-2008, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Yes I can? They are getting drunk and beating their spouse.

Anyway I don't see why people take it so personally. I'm not talking about you as it's already been established that you aren't the people who go around causing problems whilst drinking.
However I am saying that drinking causes problems with a lot of people and you are more likely to have a problem with alcohol as you grow older and face life. Unless you're already one of those kids who likes to get ASBOs or whatever juvenile reprimand there might be.
I think you missed my point, im not taking it personally it just that i find it dumb to blame stuff like alcohol for doing stupid things.
If you love your spouse and unintentionally hurt her when you got drunk the first time. you would probably do it again or blame it to alcohol and when ask to explain why you beat your wife youll say you got drunk. People always have a choice, unless being drunk have some effect that alter ones values.
(#247 (permalink))
Old
EveV (Offline)
Flee from hate.

Send a message via MSN to EveV Send a message via Yahoo to EveV
05-03-2008, 02:15 PM

Quote:
I think you missed my point, im not taking it personally it just that i find it dumb to blame stuff like alcohol for doing stupid things.
If you love your spouse and unintentionally hurt her when you got drunk the first time. you would probably do it again or blame it to alcohol and when ask to explain why you beat your wife youll say you got drunk. People always have a choice, unless being drunk have some effect that alter ones values.
>>
Drinking does alter your values.
Lol.

Some men become very violent and beat there wives because they were under the influence.
Alcohol doesn't effect everyone the same.
Doesn't mean it was right for those men to beat their wives and they should still be punished and never drink again, but alcohol was the producers of those actions.

"The sky is cryin...
Can't you see the tears roll down the street?"
- Stevie Ray Vaughan
(#248 (permalink))
Old
chaseme (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-03-2008, 02:43 PM

Can you explain how those change in values happen?
never been drunk myself, but from what i can see from my friends when they got drunk are just puking, unable to move properly. unable to talk properly thats all.
we do crazy stuff when were drinking, but we also do it when we are not drunk.
sometimes there are people that would pick a fight with us when we are drinking. But even if when we are not drinking that also happen.

either way im sure that those men do beat their wives even if not drunk.
and when caught all they can do is blame it on alcohol, probably because they thought that there are people like you guys that believe that alcohol do change ones values.
(#249 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

05-03-2008, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Can you explain how those change in values happen?
never been drunk myself, but from what i can see from my friends when they got drunk are just puking, unable to move properly. unable to talk properly thats all.
we do crazy stuff when were drinking, but we also do it when we are not drunk.
sometimes there are people that would pick a fight with us when we are drinking. But even if when we are not drinking that also happen.

either way im sure that those men do beat their wives even if not drunk.
and when caught all they can do is blame it on alcohol, probably because they thought that there are people like you guys that believe that alcohol do change ones values.
I think it is quite obvious from your perspective that you don't know the fact that Alcohol changes a persons inhibitions and attitude once they are drunk.
The alcohol directly goes and effects the portion of the brain that controls a persons behaviour and personality.
A normal shy person may become open and quite loud when they are drunk or people will get rowdy and violent over insignificant things.
Whether someone loves someone or not is absolutely irrelevant.
In the real world, relationships have problems and these little problems will ignite into domestic disputes and at the worst case, domestic violence.
I'm actually quite shocked that I need to explain this to anyone. I thought it was widely known by now.
Now I understand that you are saying that some people "blame" alcohol. It's kind of silly to blame anything when it won't make a bit of difference to how they've treated someone whilst drunk. In fact, some crimes carry more severe punishments because a certain party was drunk.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers

Last edited by ivi0nk3y : 05-03-2008 at 04:32 PM.
(#250 (permalink))
Old
chaseme (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-03-2008, 05:53 PM

Is it really a fact maybe i love to sleep in most of my class but i have never really heard any of my science prof mention that fact.

And also someone mention that it affects every person differently, what i consider as a fact is something like this. If statement A is true for person A then it should be true for person B also.
All drunks are violent, Chase is a violent drunkard, avionkey is a drunkard but not violent.
therefore the statement All drunks are violent is not a fact.

although i do agree that alcohol affects ones motor skills. I strongly disagree that alcohol changes ones values