LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

05-13-2008, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisuwashi View Post
GCSEs = piss easy, and not important unless you're planning on going to Oxford or Cambridge, in which case you need about 8 A*s.

I have my final A2s now, including 1 resit. 1 complete so far, 8 to go.
Yep, GCSEs are. I was an idiot and didn't revise but I still manage to come out with good grades. I should have revised though, I really could have done better.

Yeah I have my AS's now - A Level is a big step up from GCSE. How hard would you say A2's are compared to AS's?
(#12 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

05-13-2008, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Yep, GCSEs are. I was an idiot and didn't revise but I still manage to come out with good grades. I should have revised though, I really could have done better.

Yeah I have my AS's now - A Level is a big step up from GCSE. How hard would you say A2's are compared to AS's?
yeah, everything is more technical by A2 stage.
But then its hard to say, because, say you have a really FUN year in year 12, and to be honest, no one really knows the impact of AS results until A2, so its like a good kick up the arse. SO you work harder at a2, just because AS has really knocked you back. even if you are a genius, because it was a difficult transition from gcse to AS and so you're sort of expecting that.

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#13 (permalink))
Old
kitski (Offline)
Kakkoi

05-13-2008, 04:38 PM

it´s exam period here in estonia as well.i just had an exam yesterday.3 done 2 more to go.anyway good luck to you Miss Misa and everybody else who have exams.

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Just walk beside me and be my friend.-- Albert Camus
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Hisuwashi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-13-2008, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post

Hmm... I don't think A2s were harder than ASs. But I did a lot more revision for the A2s in January than I'd done for ASs, so perhaps that's why. I didn't really do any revision at all for AS and I didn't do well at first. XD
But then in the resits I got a lot better.

Edit: yeah, I think Yinnie explained all this

Thanks kitski ! Great to see you again, btw ^^

~ Wind Song ~
~ Windlied ~
~ Chant du vent ~

Last edited by Hisuwashi : 05-13-2008 at 04:42 PM.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Tsuyako (Offline)
Milkshake critic <3

Send a message via MSN to Tsuyako Send a message via Skype™ to Tsuyako
05-13-2008, 04:41 PM

I got my GCSE Maths non-calculator paper on Monday! I'm so scared >.< I'm so bad at maths and I'm revising like crazy

~Tsuyako~
つや子
If music be the food of love, play on

www.myspace.com/strawberrymilkshake1992
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Tsuyako (Offline)
Milkshake critic &lt;3

Send a message via MSN to Tsuyako Send a message via Skype™ to Tsuyako
05-13-2008, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyako View Post
I got my GCSE Maths non-calculator paper on Monday! I'm so scared >.< I'm so bad at maths and I'm revising like crazy
Good luck to others with exams!

~Tsuyako~
つや子
If music be the food of love, play on

www.myspace.com/strawberrymilkshake1992
(#17 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

05-13-2008, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitski View Post
it´s exam period here in estonia as well.i just had an exam yesterday.3 done 2 more to go.anyway good luck to you Miss Misa and everybody else who have exams.
Thankyou very much! Good Luck to you and everyone else too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xYinniex View Post
yeah, everything is more technical by A2 stage.
But then its hard to say, because, say you have a really FUN year in year 12, and to be honest, no one really knows the impact of AS results until A2, so its like a good kick up the arse. SO you work harder at a2, just because AS has really knocked you back. even if you are a genius, because it was a difficult transition from gcse to AS and so you're sort of expecting that.
Yeah it is. Fun is not the word I'd use to describe Year 12 though >.< I guess it justs seems like a lot more work because I have lots of other responsibilities aswell, like I do volunteering, I run a digital art class in school, I'm assistant director of the school business and I'm deputy head girl >.< *dies* So I'm always really busy, which I kinda like really! I still have time to go on JF and do some art, so I'm just comfortable really

I plan to be a lot more organised next year! [Though I say that every year ]
(#18 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

05-13-2008, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisuwashi View Post
Hmm... I don't think A2s were harder than ASs. But I did a lot more revision for the A2s in January than I'd done for ASs, so perhaps that's why. I didn't really do any revision at all for AS and I didn't do well at first. XD
But then in the resits I got a lot better.

Edit: yeah, I think Yinnie explained all this

Thanks kitski ! Great to see you again, btw ^^
Yeah. I'm really revising now. After getting my first E in anything ever it gave me a kick up the ass to revise Sociology more, I was really dissapointed. It was my wake up call really, which I think is a good thing. It's lucky I have a chance to retake that exam though! I was thinking, it can't really be any more difficult because there is only like, a year to improve and you go straight into A2 after AS.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

05-13-2008, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyako View Post
Aww, I really sucked at maths! I don't know how I managed to scrape a C on the higher exam >.< Good Luck Tsuyako!
(#20 (permalink))
Old
AmbeRz (Offline)
(^_^)V

Send a message via MSN to AmbeRz
05-13-2008, 05:04 PM

I dread the days when I have to do my exams. :|