LinkBack Thread Tools
(#51 (permalink))
Old
Ramones1976 (Offline)

07-23-2008, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAussie View Post
Discuss.

If China becomes the new world superpower is the world going to change? Im frightened
China is awesome

I think the time of the us as the "super power" is coming to an end...and soon...
I don't think there should be any so called super powers...
Countries as "super powers" come and go, no nation lasts forever as one...
China has had thousands of years of history, they've been considered the strongest nation in world then fell behind as Europe came to rise...

(#52 (permalink))
Old
Acidreptile (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-23-2008, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramones1976 View Post
China is awesome

I think the time of the us as the "super power" is coming to an end...and soon...
I don't think there should be any so called super powers...
Countries as "super powers" come and go, no nation lasts forever as one...
China has had thousands of years of history, they've been considered the strongest nation in world then fell behind as Europe came to rise...
I definitely agree with you 100%.

I only hope you don't have to hear any kind of critics from the democratic/conformists/deluded people.
(#53 (permalink))
Old
kikipnk (Offline)
is numb....all over

07-23-2008, 12:22 AM

I don't mind if China becomes a new world power!!! They're awesome!!!!! But on a real note.....China is very capable on becoming a world power because they have basically came up with alot of our new technology. They are very intelligent and i feel that if it isnt us it should be them at the top. and if anything does change, if will probably be for the better. GO CHINA!!!! WHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Quote:
They say that practice makes perfect but whats the point if nobody's perfect??!! (thankz Joshua Bostic)
(#54 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

07-23-2008, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
China has been a superpower for quite a while though it's only now that it's being regarded as a thread and people are starting to believe it might eventually hit the world's economy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle
And yeah, you're right... Like I said in my first post, I guess it depends what's your definition of a superpower. For me, they have been for a while.
Lol

I thought the same thing, but I'm trying to be polite.
Basically, all the major countries of the world are "superpowers" to me.

Anyway, I've had this immature theory that America may one day fall prey to it's enemies, similar to the way Rome did.

But, there's no way that would happen. Right?
(#55 (permalink))
Old
JoshAussie (Offline)
わかりません

07-23-2008, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydelart View Post
Lol

I thought the same thing, but I'm trying to be polite.
Basically, all the major countries of the world are "superpowers" to me.

Anyway, I've had this immature theory that America may one day fall prey to it's enemies, similar to the way Rome did.

But, there's no way that would happen. Right?
thats what im scared of, Australia is fucked if America goes down. Britain will be our only Defence. we dont have anything to hold off an enemy attack nuclear weapons etc. so were pretty much relying on our allies.
(#56 (permalink))
Old
Ramones1976 (Offline)

07-23-2008, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidreptile View Post
I definitely agree with you 100%.

I only hope you don't have to hear any kind of critics from the democratic/conformists/deluded people.
Thank you mate =]

Yes, I hope so too...
Its about time us as super power is coming to end...

Wish this could mean there won't be anymore super powers...but probably not...

Last edited by Ramones1976 : 07-23-2008 at 01:15 AM.
(#57 (permalink))
Old
Acidreptile (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-23-2008, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramones1976 View Post
Thank you mate =]

Yes, I hope so too...
Its about time us as super power is coming to end...

Wish this could mean there won't be anymore super powers but its like some the lyrics of Bad Religions "the hand shake":

...you gotta overcome the obstacles of history,
there is restrained passion, mistrust, and bigotry

and these have created the new foundations of society,
there's no harmony just class and race

this is the way of the modern world,
everyone's fighting for dominance,
this is the way of the modern world,
and something has gotta give...
History tells us that all empires eventually falls.And history is always repeating itself.So the most logical thing is that the United States will fall too.
(#58 (permalink))
Old
Ramones1976 (Offline)

07-23-2008, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidreptile View Post
History tells us that all empires eventually falls.And history is always repeating itself.So the most logical thing is that the United States will fall too.
Yup...
History always repeats its self because no body bothers to learn from mistakes, very stupid...

I think so too...

(#59 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

07-23-2008, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAussie View Post
thats what im scared of, Australia is fucked if America goes down. Britain will be our only Defence. we dont have anything to hold off an enemy attack nuclear weapons etc. so were pretty much relying on our allies.
In all honesty, If anyone were to takeover the U.S., they'd have to be either very clever or very large.
China, with it's population of billions and it's elite hackers, could easily reach those standards.

Scary indeed.

However, even if someone did manage to pull off the initial invasion, the rest of the fighting woudn't be easy. Especially considering how many citizens carry firearms these days. lol

In a worst case scenario, we could always run over to Canada -- or, at very least, immigrate to Mexico.
... And if that general tactic can work for the Islamic Radicals in the Mid-East... It can work for us!
(#60 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-23-2008, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
Um not really, he has a point and dismissing it out of hand just shows disrespect.
Yes America has benefitted the world in some ways but most of those benefits are geared for the countries own survival.
If anyone disagrees, they either are ignorant of the facts or are hypocrites who want to further their own agenda at the cost of everything else.

The recent media frenzy about China can only be seen as propaganda. This sparks up interest in the public which in turn fuels our oh so "democratic" system.
It is no susprise to people who KNOW shit, that key American figures for decades have been shitting bricks because of China and her potential.
Africa had such potential too but its amazing "coincidental" stroke of one bad luck scenario after another, has caused it to be nothing more than an arid wasteland when compared with the rest of the world.
China can definitely become a new stable superpower, since her ideas and principles are unified within the country. Whether people like how they live in China or not is irrelevant, since it is human weakness that wants us to have what we don't have.
If the balance between power and the treatment of people remains, China will have no problem in achieving whatever she wants.
I went back to read Acidreptiles posts and I don't think you read them right. Even if you filter out his rhetoric, the only point he "made" was that "China is rising while the USA is falling". A point that MIGHT have some merit if he cared to explain his reasoning though at best it's arguable. Personally I would argue that the US isn't falling, rather China is catching up to it. China may be an emerging superpower or even a superpower in their own right depending on the definition and the context you use that term (though in general I refer to it as an emerging superpower), but the best guesses are that it will be at least 50 years untill China can seriously challenge the United States world's sole hyperpower status.

I find it strange that the Western media is being accused of propaganda. I mean seriously when you look at how the media works in the West you'll find that this is a stretch at best. The Western media is very rarely state owned, and when it is, (the BBC for example) it is not answerable in terms of what it reports rather is run as a state owned enterprise. The only agenda the Western media has is to sell a story. And while I think it capable of exaggeration to sell a story I don't think it capable of fabricating lies. I mean do you really think that ALL the Western media outlets in competition with each other for our attention would have the will or the ability to collaborate with each other to report the SAME lies so that it appears so very real? Are they really ready to risk their integrity which would mean risk losing viewers/readers to the competition? (I mean you see what happens to Fox News. Outside the US it is not a respected media outlet. Heck even in the US it is not relied on by a good percentage of the population.)

Not to mention that the Chinese state owned and operated media are hardly angels. The difference between the two is that China's state media HAS not only a motive, but also the ability to fabricate lies. Do you remember the Olympic torch coverage? The Chinese population were not exposed to the disruptions all over the globe (From Britain to Japan) because the Chinese media did not report it. Instead they told the Chinese people that everything went smoothly. Also why did China BAN foriegn media from Tibet during the riots? What did they have to hide? If there is a serious case of misreporting, then perhaps it is China's fault for not allowing foriegn media in which lead them to rely on second hand information from the many tourists inside Tibet at the time. (Are all the tourists selling the same lie too?)

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 07-23-2008 at 01:48 AM.