LinkBack Thread Tools
(#81 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

08-13-2008, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
We should speak to Eki and make him understand we need more mods that are actually available and can keep an eye on the forum. People come and go, so moderators should be changed from time to time when one of them stops being active and the job should be assigned to someone else who's willing to do it and can be on frequently. Would that be so hard to do? o.Ô

Sadly enough I message Eki a lot, and he never answers me back. I think I only ever got one PM from him about some issue that arose and it was only once, and last year.

I heard that two users utilize his account, one of them removes spam and the other is the Eki that we know that makes changes to JF, answers PM's, and assigns new Mods.

The Eki we know who creates threads is not as active as the Eki that removes spam posts.
(#82 (permalink))
Old
allie2590 (Offline)
I am the White Testament

08-13-2008, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Sure thing.

If we had more mods that got on at least once a day, then it would be possible to have the sort of threads Misa suggested.

Kanji does his job just fine but he's just one person, why do we have... 5 mods if only one of them is an active member? Why was CoolNard made a mod if he doesn't have time to drop by? We should speak to Eki and make him understand we need more mods that are actually available and can keep an eye on the forum. People come and go, so moderators should be changed from time to time when one of them stops being active and the job should be assigned to someone else who's willing to do it and can be on frequently. Would that be so hard to do? o.Ô
Exactly. One mod for thousands of members? Not good. Maybe a petition? I know online petitions aren't usually effective, but if it's about an online forum, then maybe it will work. It's definately worth a try.
(#83 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
08-13-2008, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post

Sadly enough I message Eki a lot, and he never answers me back. I think I only ever got one PM from him about some issue that arose and it was only once, and last year.

I heard that two users utilize his account, one of them removes spam and the other is the Eki that we know that makes changes to JF, answers PM's, and assigns new Mods.

The Eki we know who creates threads is not as active as the Eki that removes spam posts.
I see.

Well then, you could pm him yet again and say the best thing would be for him to pass the power of naming new mods on to you.

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#84 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

08-13-2008, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allie2590 View Post
Exactly. One mod for thousands of members? Not good. Maybe a petition? I know online petitions aren't usually effective, but if it's about an online forum, then maybe it will work. It's definately worth a try.
I already sent a very lengthy PM to Eki about it, so we'll just have to wait until he pops up. I reckon that if everyone sends him a PM about the mod concerns, the next time he comes on he'll put that top of his priority list and sort it out.
(#85 (permalink))
Old
allie2590 (Offline)
I am the White Testament

08-13-2008, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
I already sent a very lengthy PM to Eki about it, so we'll just have to wait until he pops up. I reckon that if everyone sends him a PM about the mod concerns, the next time he comes on he'll put that top of his priority list and sort it out.
Hopefully. Lets cross our fingers. *crosses fingers*
(#86 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

08-13-2008, 05:37 PM

Quote:
I see.

Well then, you could pm him yet again and say the best thing would be for him to pass the power of naming new mods on to you.
I did just that. Hopefully he'll come on and read what I wrote about making me an Admin so JF can get the kind of attention it needs.

Like I told him, I don't intend to steal JF from him, since it is his forum after all. I won't tamper with what he's done and won't do anything without telling him, other then making Mods, I will work with that while he decides what to do with the rest of the forum, being active, I know who and who not to pick for the Moderation position.

I have forwarded quite a few posts people have made about their thoughts concerning spammers, members, mods, and so on.
(#87 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
08-13-2008, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post
I did just that. Hopefully he'll come on and read what I wrote about making me an Admin so JF can get the kind of attention it needs.
Cool.
Now we can only hope he reads it sometime soon and agrees to your suggestion. We're so lucky to have you ^^ And... I'll say no more, don't wanna seem too much of a mod-ass licker.

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#88 (permalink))
Old
ThirdSight (Offline)
Bane of Stupidity

Send a message via AIM to ThirdSight
08-13-2008, 06:00 PM

Whatever happens, we (I only got 67-ish posts, who am I kidding?) just gotta' remember as a community that changes are good and needed, but they need to happen slowly, especially in a community like this one, with 2,000+ members, but only a good handful of actives.

-M@

How in the world do people reach 1,000+ posts?

Skadoosh.