JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Are you proud of your country?
Yes 133 56.60%
No 102 43.40%
Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#91 (permalink))
Old
Dainichi (Offline)
MAXIMUM ブラック

Send a message via MSN to Dainichi Send a message via Skype™ to Dainichi
09-04-2008, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairebear View Post
Totally

One thing about Scotland though...lots of people seem to think we're not part of Britain? -.- I've seen lots of people think Britain = England...its pretty annoying. But if we become independant it wont bother me anymore
Becoming independant how appealing it may sound will screw a hell of alot of families up with a massive tax hike and such... So I'm happy to stay the invisible country for the time... Also England is the most common country that people think of since it's larger than Scotland, Wales, and both Irelands... just not combined.

But yeah big it up for the haggis and ginge.

SINE / COSINE / TANGENT
(#92 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

09-04-2008, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Totally

One thing about Scotland though...lots of people seem to think we're not part of Britain? -.- I've seen lots of people think Britain = England...its pretty annoying. But if we become independant it wont bother me anymore
Well England is the biggest country in Britain and where the government is based, but it does annoy me because Scotland and England are two different places entirely. Scotland won't become independant because as far as I know the population isn't big enough to sustain itself without the inclusion of the UK, so even if you wanted to I'm pretty sure it's not possible for you to retain free healthcare and schooling. [Also, it would be even more difficult since the population of elderly people in Scotland has sharply risen - people are living longer - whereas the amount of children has dropped.]
(#93 (permalink))
Old
clairebear (Offline)

09-04-2008, 03:54 PM

I honestly dont really want us to become independant. But whatever happens, happens..(I doubt we will become independant anyway)

I'm just surprised at the amount of people out there who dont know that Britain isnt just one country ._.
(#94 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

09-04-2008, 03:57 PM

Quote:
I honestly dont really want us to become independant. But whatever happens, happens..(I doubt we will become independant anyway)

I'm just surprised at the amount of people out there who dont know that Britain isnt just one country ._.
Well it pisses me off when on forms to fill in it just says : UK.

Wtf? Every other country has it's own name, yet all 4 countries which are entirely different are slapped together? You can't just put you're from England, or Scotland, it's like a mystery and you could be from any :/
(#95 (permalink))
Old
Dainichi (Offline)
MAXIMUM ブラック

Send a message via MSN to Dainichi Send a message via Skype™ to Dainichi
09-04-2008, 03:58 PM

Quote:
I sorta got over that years ago, no amount of bitching and complaining will change this, so I've just learned to live with this fact... I still scald people who call me English though haha.

SINE / COSINE / TANGENT
(#96 (permalink))
Old
zoneoni (Offline)
Luna Corp // CEO

09-04-2008, 03:58 PM

Yeah I always thought that Britan was England and England was Britan and Scotland was, well Scotland. Didn't like world geography as a kid much. I'm sure that most of the kids that grew up with me with the same teachers think the same, because when we were discussing history we used England and Britan interchangeably.

(#97 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

09-04-2008, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoneoni View Post
Yeah I always thought that Britan was England and England was Britan and Scotland was, well Scotland. Didn't like world geography as a kid much. I'm sure that most of the kids that grew up with me with the same teachers think the same, because when we were discussing history we used England and Britan interchangeably.
Wow really? Britain, Great Britain, and the United Kingdom, all refer to England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales collectively. Then they all have their own seperate words when referring to just themselves. Surprised some people didn't know that!
(#98 (permalink))
Old
zoneoni (Offline)
Luna Corp // CEO

09-04-2008, 04:17 PM

I'm just saying, that I and probably a whole school was taught that way. Not that it's right but the education system is what's brain washing us into think that. Back in the sixth grade, if they say the sky is pink...then they sky is pink, you argue and well, you don't get to see your family and friends for a while.

(#99 (permalink))
Old
theAlphaDuck (Offline)
Banned

09-04-2008, 04:18 PM

ca'mon ENGURLAND!
(#100 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
09-04-2008, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Also I've heard that America's health care system is a shambles. It's definitely the most expensive system but I've also heard that it's the most inefficient as well. A visit to the doctor and treatment for a working class American on minimum wage can often total more than he or she earns in a week!
I've actually had to go to the doctor one time (no insurance, though...can't afford it) and I had to pay for the visit with my entire paycheck that I had for that week and had to pay up the rest on my credit card.
Closed Thread