JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
12-17-2008, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Beta is announced already, coming out in 2 days or less.

A site was put up for information: Welcome to Windows 7

I've checked it out, the pre-beta and such, and IMO it looks really promising, better than Vista in all ways, and could beat XP if it goes like this.
And... I'd like to add... it's not necessary that every new OS that gets released needs to have a new GUI, it's not always been like that for Microsoft OS.

Vista GUI and 7 GUI is more than okay, funcionality of Windows 7 makes it better. They made a better taskabr, and believe me it's better, has many new features you would have liked in Vista. And takes less resources (anyone complaining?).
(#22 (permalink))
Old
FreddyLea (Offline)
JF Regular

12-17-2008, 08:37 PM

hmmm only reason i switched to vista was for x64 support ... and to run more then 4 gig of ram ... which it does flawlessly on my main comp at home (other setups are still running xp pro) ...

i would assume that windows 7 will have a 32bit and 64bit version as well... does anyone know about that? ...
(#23 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
12-17-2008, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyLea View Post
hmmm only reason i switched to vista was for x64 support ... and to run more then 4 gig of ram ... which it does flawlessly on my main comp at home (other setups are still running xp pro) ...

i would assume that windows 7 will have a 32bit and 64bit version as well... does anyone know about that? ...
Yes it will have both.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
FreddyLea (Offline)
JF Regular

12-17-2008, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
Yes it will have both.
ok, so two seperate installs depending on which is needed? ...

i may pick it up to try out after the first service pack is released ... or it has been out in retail for 3 months to go ahead and get accustomed to it ... if it is good enough, may bypass vista completly at my workplace ... when we do finally have to upgrade because of 'custom software' ...
(#25 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

12-17-2008, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyLea View Post
ok, so two seperate installs depending on which is needed? ...

i may pick it up to try out after the first service pack is released ... or it has been out in retail for 3 months to go ahead and get accustomed to it ... if it is good enough, may bypass vista completly at my workplace ... when we do finally have to upgrade because of 'custom software' ...
Oh I'm sure it will. Many workplaces who never changed to Vista and were going to... skipped Vista instead. Your workplace will get it, it's better than Vista in any way.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Gwen_Goth (Offline)
addict

12-17-2008, 08:58 PM

right; i've closed the duplicate thread.

the relevant posts form that thread have been moved to this one; so no need to double post now, 'kay

-~Moddess ~-

▲ ▲
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Kyousuke (Offline)
Seiryuu

12-18-2008, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XjapanFOREVER View Post
ummm.... beige isn't really that popular a color.
not being mean, but the only people I see with beige cars are... well... "older"

anyways, this discussion is for Windows 7, not which MS OS is best, make another thread to continue discussion please..
oh, you kids and your beige computers, windows vista, and pacman video games. when i was young computers only came in one color, white. the only way you could get another color is if you spray painted the computer.

anyways, ill get windows 7. even if i didn't test the trial out, it has to be better than vista.

"Im too drunk to taste this chicken" - colonel sanders
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

12-18-2008, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAlphaDuck View Post
Can't we just bring back ME?

sure it was buggy...and it crashed...and security wise the back door, was more like the entire back of the house is missing...

BUT ITS THE BEST!!....mainly cos you can change the colour of things
Uhm Can do that in xp, or vista by changing to the classic interface.

or

WindowBlinds - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
superheel (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-18-2008, 01:29 PM

Vista isnt that bad. It's just learning how to use it.

"Save the earth from Global Warming!"
(#30 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

12-27-2008, 12:25 AM

Windows 7 Beta Build 7000 just got leaked... woo. I'm gonna try it right now. Was lucky to find the correct one out of all these fake torrents out there.