(#11 (permalink))
Old
Arikado (Offline)
Elegant Rocker

Send a message via AIM to Arikado Send a message via MSN to Arikado
12-23-2008, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
Lol you can call it morals, a holier than thou attitude or elitest bullshit. That is your own guilty conscious coming into effect though for some reason or another. What makes you think you can't be the same and live by the same morals or standards? Would it make you elitest if you did so? Is it that you disagree with what I say?

Anyway, I never said I was better than anyone else. I just have a sense of justice and i'll play the devils advocate if I have to, to get a point across.
Right, because my "guilty conscience" is coming into effect and stating the obvious to the oblivious. Nothing makes me think that I can't be the same and live by the same morals, I DO live by similar morals and I believe society NEEDS change, but much of the world does not think along the same lines. I clearly stated that I respect your sense of justice. What makes you think I thought your standards were elitist? It's not elitist to live by those standards, but it is to preach them as right or correct.

Member of the Metal Club
"Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon and star" -孔夫子
(#12 (permalink))
Old
clairebear (Offline)

12-23-2008, 02:35 AM

Get back on topic now before this thread gets worse. And this whole "censor your swearing" thing applies to everyone, so maybe some people should double check their posts and hit "edit".
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

12-23-2008, 02:38 AM

I love it when you get mad
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Bureda (Offline)
Banned

12-23-2008, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arikado View Post
Those aren't the same morals in discussion. That's just logic.

And I did hear something about "holy-business." Some of, "I have higher standards than you," and, "You don't believe this? *eye rolling ensues*."

To much eye rolling in this world. No more elitist bullsh*t.
If that was logic everyone would be able to comprehend, alas they do not. Like you right now with your thick headedness.

I also want you to understand that Logic/Morals/General Understanding represent the same aspect of understanding. So, why are you getting all azn-invasion moody when you're directly agreeing to morals. However you call it 'logic'.

Seriously, don't do that again
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Arikado (Offline)
Elegant Rocker

Send a message via AIM to Arikado Send a message via MSN to Arikado
12-23-2008, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureda View Post
If that was logic everyone would be able to comprehend, alas they do not. Like you right now with your thick headedness.

I also want you to understand that Logic/Morals/General Understanding represent the same aspect of understanding. So, why are you getting all azn-invasion moody when you're directly agreeing to morals. However you call it 'logic'.

Seriously, don't do that again
Sorry, logic in my book is common sense, and not everybody has common sense. It's on an entire other level than morals. Morals don't have to be common sense, especially if you have bad morals. Apparently we have different definitions in our books, so let's just leave it at that.

Member of the Metal Club
"Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon and star" -孔夫子
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Bureda (Offline)
Banned

12-23-2008, 07:34 AM

Throw your book in the fire and burn it then. Common sense and Morals. No difference. Just a funky word to make you feel more intellectual.

I think the only difference would be: common sense, you behave how you think its appropriate and morals would be; you behave how you think its appropriate and pass on those thoughts so others can know why.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

12-23-2008, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdSight View Post
Maybe stop trying to make arguments over an online forum in order to make your epeen look bigger? That may keep your posts where they lay.
I don't know whether you read the posts that were deleted or not but I can tell by amount of irrelevance in your replies that you are in no position to give advice to anyone, especially since your posts were deleted as well. The only one concerned with an alleged "epeen" and its size is you.
This is some of what my post was addressing but mostly, it addressed the issue about "creativity".

As I had mentioned, I already said that editing and directing a movie was creative to a point.
Of course you decided to point out to me, (quite irrelevantly) how cameramen and other such people were involved in making films too and how what they do is creative.
Also you seemed to try to educate me that if a movie is not "creative", it is a documentary.

Maybe you didn't grasp why I was talking about creativity in the first place but its sure as hell funny seeing your fumbled responses.

So like I said in the posts that were deleted, censorship shouldn't have a need to exist in a society with a concept of right and wrong.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers

Last edited by ivi0nk3y : 12-23-2008 at 06:24 PM.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

Creativity and Morality - 12-23-2008, 06:50 PM

This will host an off-topic discussion from another thread on creativity and morality.

There should be no insults and no religious talk.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

12-23-2008, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
This will host an off-topic discussion from another thread on creativity and morality.

There should be no insults and no religious talk.
I'm trying hard not to resort to insults here but yea, its difficult when someone mis-interprets what you write, goes off topic and writes irrelevant stuff that has nothing to do with what was being discussed and insults you while doing so.

Anyways, can someone name a creative form of entertainment which could also be classed as morally lacking?

I don't know, I think its hard to pick out such a movie or piece of work, mainly because such movies and pieces of work are trying to educate about a lack of morals in the first place.
War movies, (like Full Metal Jacket) would probably be high on my list as an example of this.
In my eyes, those types of movies are really creative.
Also, Manga/Anime like Trigun are very creative, simply because it tackles so many issues about how people treat each other.
Even Animes such as Naruto and DBZ have a good moral fibre, the former having plenty of suggestive scenes and humor.

Of course those are only examples and there is plenty of other stuff out there which can be grouped into the same category.
So how can we class movies like American Pie or Road Trip, which are funny in some ways, as creative when the aforementioned stuff exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arikado View Post
Right, because my "guilty conscience" is coming into effect and stating the obvious to the oblivious. Nothing makes me think that I can't be the same and live by the same morals, I DO live by similar morals and I believe society NEEDS change, but much of the world does not think along the same lines. I clearly stated that I respect your sense of justice. What makes you think I thought your standards were elitist? It's not elitist to live by those standards, but it is to preach them as right or correct.
Don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to insult you about maybe having a guilty conscious.
I just thought when you mentioned the eye rolling and elitest attitude, that you were directing it at me.

As for preaching my standards as right or correct, noone is preaching. I'm just discussing.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers

Last edited by ivi0nk3y : 12-23-2008 at 10:40 PM.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
CaptainThunder (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-23-2008, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
So how can we class movies like American Pie or Road Trip, which are funny in some ways, as creative when the aforementioned stuff exists?
I believe the more important question is why aren't they creative. Someone had to have the idea for them, and said idea was not arrived at any quantifiable algorithm that I am aware of; therefore, it's creative. How are you defining creativity here? Pardon me if you answered this already, I haven't read the whole discussion.