LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
MutsuYakumo (Offline)
JF Regular

01-02-2009, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAD0W View Post
Its about time the ball got rollin' here.

Can we talk about the Japanese Emperor? I hate to say it, but this is a topic I know nothing about and its not something I'd like wikipedia to solve.
That is a great idea! I'll PM you, like literally after I finish this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keaton421 View Post
My $.02. Honey, I like your attitude but the sig and txt typing is a bit unbecoming for the Order of Nippon And we won't be talking much about Japanese fashion unless it's something very classy.
Yeah, while there is nothing wrong with a clan signature, generally smaller is better so if there is a smaller picture that can be used that would be great.

You can pay for school, but you can't buy Class.
(#32 (permalink))
Old
Onyx (Offline)
JF Regular

01-02-2009, 03:01 PM

Name:Gary
Interest: 3d animation, graphic arts, video games (cant say oriental soo.. ) East Asian cultures, women, traveling, and being rich with experiences more so than wealth.

Reason: Always had a interest in Japanese language and culture, so id like to leach useful informations from you guys. Recently i visited Japan and now i want to take a break from my current career to be and english teacher in Japan.

So i have a question I plan on applying to the JET program after i get my US citizenship just wondering if being TEFL/TESOL certified would substantially increase my chances of being excepted and placed. Also, does anyone know of any better programs than JET?

Movie suggestion: Its rare i watch Japanese movies but last night i just happened to watch one "Tokyo Gore Police" Im not recommending it, but i found it very funny, i consider it to be a live action version of some strange hentai anime. Dont watch it unless you want to laugh or be disgusted.
(#33 (permalink))
Old
Almazing1000 (Offline)
虚栄心、完全に私�

Send a message via AIM to Almazing1000
01-02-2009, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
Name:Gary
Interest: 3d animation, graphic arts, video games (cant say oriental soo.. ) East Asian cultures, women, traveling, and being rich with experiences more so than wealth.

Reason: Always had a interest in Japanese language and culture, so id like to leach useful informations from you guys. Recently i visited Japan and now i want to take a break from my current career to be and english teacher in Japan.

So i have a question I plan on applying to the JET program after i get my US citizenship just wondering if being TEFL/TESOL certified would substantially increase my chances of being excepted and placed. Also, does anyone know of any better programs than JET?

Movie suggestion: Its rare i watch Japanese movies but last night i just happened to watch one "Tokyo Gore Police" Im not recommending it, but i found it very funny, i consider it to be a live action version of some strange hentai anime. Dont watch it unless you want to laugh or be disgusted.
Well I've personally never been in JET so I'm not sure what's what, but I can ask one of my friends I think she might know. IF i find anything out I'll be sure to let you know.
I saw Tokyo gore police on Netflix, and I'm going to check it out... Hope it's good!

Freedom of Speech = Me saying what I want when I want... Douche
(#34 (permalink))
Old
Keaton421 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-02-2009, 04:26 PM

Tokyo Gore Police, that's three great tastes that go great together!

As far as I've heard, JET is really the best option. The pay ain't bad considering, and they won't f*ck you over too much. Plus they'll put a roof over your head. I've got a buddy in Japan through JET right now. He loves it, and get this - one of his schools is 30 minutes away, so they gave him a company car

Oh! I wish I was in the land of Ramen
Otaku there are not downtrodden
Kawaii! Kawaii! Kawaii, Desu Ne!

MAXIMUM VIPER
Defender of the Scholar, Scourge of the Otaku, Savior of Japan
(#35 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-02-2009, 04:48 PM

How come Mutsu and Al have the same signature? Are you guys like roommates?
(#36 (permalink))
Old
Almazing1000 (Offline)
虚栄心、完全に私�

01-02-2009, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
How come Mutsu and Al have the same signature? Are you guys like roommates?
No, frat brothers. It was just something from college that we said all the time. My signature was something different at first, but I changed it because it reminded me of the good ol' days.

(#37 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-02-2009, 05:27 PM

use plenty of lube, i hear it hurts otherwise

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#38 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-02-2009, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almazing1000 View Post
No, frat brothers. It was just something from college that we said all the time. My signature was something different at first, but I changed it because it reminded me of the good ol' days.
Oh, I thought you guys already graduated from college.
(#39 (permalink))
Old
Almazing1000 (Offline)
虚栄心、完全に私�

01-02-2009, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAD0W View Post
use plenty of lube, i hear it hurts otherwise
Are you implying something? I'd hate for that to be the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Oh, I thought you guys already graduated from college.
We did, that's why I said it reminded me of the good ol' days. We just took different career paths after we graduated. But even after college we're still frat brothers KAΨ Kappa Alpha Psi!

Last edited by Almazing1000 : 01-02-2009 at 05:54 PM.
(#40 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-02-2009, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keaton421 View Post
I've got a buddy in Japan through JET right now. He loves it, and get this - one of his schools is 30 minutes away, so they gave him a company car
One of the schools I worked at was a trainstop away, so they paid my trainfare both ways. I just rode my bicycle there (unless it was raining) and pocketed the rest.

Last edited by MMM : 01-02-2009 at 05:57 PM.