yes 52 88.14%
no 7 11.86%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#51 (permalink))
Old
Aota (Offline)
Sol Rebel

Send a message via AIM to Aota Send a message via MSN to Aota Send a message via Yahoo to Aota Send a message via Skype™ to Aota
01-26-2009, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdSight View Post
I don't think Manson is going to make an Alice movie. If he did, I'm sure it would be fairly gothic and loose any and all of it's original meaning.
It is Gothic. That's just how Manson is. And, it's more to do with Lewis Carrol and the hallucinations he had WHILE writing Alice in Wonderland. I'm not completely solid on all the details. :X So, just Google Phantasmagoria if still interested.

The color of the sala flower reveals the truth that is... To flourish is to fall. The proud do not endure.

Heaven or Hell, Let's Rock!

Like a passing dream on a night in Spring. The mighty fall at last, to be no more than dust before the wind.
(#52 (permalink))
Old
ThirdSight (Offline)
Bane of Stupidity

Send a message via AIM to ThirdSight
01-27-2009, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aota View Post
It is Gothic. That's just how Manson is. And, it's more to do with Lewis Carrol and the hallucinations he had WHILE writing Alice in Wonderland. I'm not completely solid on all the details. :X So, just Google Phantasmagoria if still interested.
Yeah, it sounds like a fanservice to all goths, emos, punks, and pot smokers everywhere. There's so much folklore surrounding Lewis Caroll and his writing Alice in Wonderland that it's pretty much up to everyone's interpretation at this point. Of course, since no one is willing to get their facts straight, no one really knows what they're talking about in regards to the issue; I highly doubt Manson did his research.

-M@

How in the world do people reach 1,000+ posts?

Skadoosh.
(#53 (permalink))
Old
Mikachii2202 (Offline)
JF Regular

01-28-2009, 11:10 PM

i cant to see the movie tim burton is a little creepy but.. this alice and wonderland will definatley not be for the younger kids... like some of his other movies. i wonder who will be his final pick for alice. johnny Depp would be the best mad hatter. i think mike meyers should be like the rabbit or the cat.

Dont think of yourself as an ugly person.... think of yourself as a beautiful monkey.
(#54 (permalink))
Old
superheel (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-28-2009, 11:16 PM

I'm more interested in Phantasmagoria.

"Save the earth from Global Warming!"
(#55 (permalink))
Old
OliveJuice (Offline)
New to JF

01-29-2009, 08:05 AM

From the short trailer I've seen, it looks bloody fantastic lol...

I love the stuff that come out of Tim Burton's imagination. And I'm interested in seeing which direction he goes with the story.

I heard that the book "Alice's Adventures In Wonderland" actually has a dark undercurrent (I haven't read it yet), that Disney left out. It'd be cool to see if Tim takes it there, if there's a there to be took to lol. ::coughbadgrammarcough::

Either way, Tim makes beautiful films so I'm sure it'll be something to see.

Love more. Hate less.
(#56 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

01-29-2009, 11:00 AM

I used to really love Alice in Wonderland when I was a kid, my mum said I used to watch it all the time. I do like Tim Burtons work usually, so I think it'd make a nice combo.
(#57 (permalink))
Old
Lovett (Offline)
New to JF

01-29-2009, 03:48 PM

Tim burton's got new stuff?!
Cool beans

The loving ArtBaby!
(#58 (permalink))
Old
ThirdSight (Offline)
Bane of Stupidity

Send a message via AIM to ThirdSight
01-29-2009, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliveJuice View Post
I heard that the book "Alice's Adventures In Wonderland" actually has a dark undercurrent (I haven't read it yet), that Disney left out.
It does.

Now go out, buy the book for $5, and relish in reading it.

-M@

How in the world do people reach 1,000+ posts?

Skadoosh.
(#59 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
01-29-2009, 10:30 PM

I myself have watched Alice in Wonderland many times when i was a kid, so I can understand the feelings of people when the great Tim Burton decides to make it into a live action movie. But i'm not afraid. Burton has made tons of great movies, not one has had a bad remark yet. I'm curious to see his spin on Lewis Carroll's story.
(#60 (permalink))
Old
Roroshi (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to Roroshi Send a message via MSN to Roroshi
02-23-2009, 09:10 PM

Im really looking forward to both Alice ovies coming out. Eventhough they are goin to be done by two different directors it feels like they are sequels to eachother. and for those who dont know, American McGee's Alioce is also being made into a movie, which i feel is a great sequel to the the darker style of Tim Burton. Although Tiim Burton has a darker style geared twards kids and American McGee's Alice is just dark and twisted. (haha) But both movies should not disappoint.

Why have a signature? Cuz it makes you popular. Why be popular? Cuz your egotistical. I guess I wanna be popular too!