LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Bureda (Offline)
Banned

01-22-2009, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin View Post
LOL, that is the size for the entire Live Suite, not just the messenger. Messenger is only 25MB. Even with the slight increase in disk space, it doesn't use as much RAM.
Check it again.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Odin (Offline)
Lord of the Æsir

Send a message via ICQ to Odin Send a message via AIM to Odin Send a message via MSN to Odin Send a message via Yahoo to Odin Send a message via Skype™ to Odin
01-22-2009, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemic View Post
Is it packed with advertisment like the other ones? Might wait until someone makes a program to customize it.

Yes, just like before >.>
However new version of A-Patch will get rid of these, the same as it did for last versions

The Honored of Valhöll are: Acidreptile: my spiritual brother, smilexfreak7: milaya moya sestra Tsuzuki: my dark goddess,
=Kanji: the eternal wanderer, Zenit: future world conquer, Michieru: self proclaimed mastermind of genius
and the rest of my family in the
~+VaMpiRe ClAn+~

(#23 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

01-22-2009, 03:11 PM

Advertisements? Where? If you are talking about the news page that pops up when you log on, you can shut it off.... Oh, you must mean at the bottom below friend's list, that's never bothered me.

It's basically the same as the old one. The new one just has more color templates and options. Some of the menus are more detailed. You can also see when your friends update their photos and change with heading and display photo. I think it's neat.

The only thing I don't like on this version, you can't set a background wallpaper for each conversation.... Oh well.

I've always liked MSN Live more then other messengers, for me it's always seemed more involved, and customizable.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
CrazyLee (Offline)
4th Kyu Aikidoka

Send a message via MSN to CrazyLee Send a message via Skype™ to CrazyLee
01-22-2009, 03:13 PM

You kind of can...its just not as big and doesnt cover the whole screen anymore. Its the only problam I have with it, otherwise its awesome.

(#25 (permalink))
Old
Odin (Offline)
Lord of the Æsir

Send a message via ICQ to Odin Send a message via AIM to Odin Send a message via MSN to Odin Send a message via Yahoo to Odin Send a message via Skype™ to Odin
01-22-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureda View Post
Check it again.
Check what? I captured the files that the installer downloads. I have used those same files to install on other systems. Might surpise you to know that I can read a file size. File size is only is only 138MB if you bypass the online installer and download the offline files. Which just happens to be the entire Live Suite!

The Honored of Valhöll are: Acidreptile: my spiritual brother, smilexfreak7: milaya moya sestra Tsuzuki: my dark goddess,
=Kanji: the eternal wanderer, Zenit: future world conquer, Michieru: self proclaimed mastermind of genius
~+VaMpiRe ClAn+~

(#26 (permalink))
Old
Tsuzuki (Offline)
冷血の私生児

Send a message via ICQ to Tsuzuki Send a message via MSN to Tsuzuki Send a message via Yahoo to Tsuzuki Send a message via Skype™ to Tsuzuki
01-22-2009, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post

The only thing I don't like on this version, you can't set a background wallpaper for each conversation.... Oh well.

yes you can oO just not the color

ギャー(*0*((◎—————ー(°°; ) スッポヌケ〜
✿ あなた だけ が みれば いい... 狂気と真実は紙一重 ✿

そして坊やは眠りについて 息衝く灰の中の炎ひとつ、ふたつと 浮かぶふくらみ愛しい横顔 大地に垂るる幾千の夢、夢 銀の瞳のゆら(◕‿‿◕ )
It's a thin line between genius and stupidity. Once you cross it there is no going back!! Luckily I have tippex and a pen so I can just redraw it where I like!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA =_=

†♫†
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Bureda (Offline)
Banned

01-22-2009, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Check what? I captured the files that the installer downloads. I have used those same files to install on other systems. Might surpise you to know that I can read a file size. File size is only is only 138MB if you bypass the online installer and download the offline files. Which just happens to be the entire Live Suite!
Livesuit is an installer, and when you ask the installer to install just msn its 138 MB.

There is no package, there's just MSN that you ask it to install.

The New MSN is simply for retards. You have big buttons as if you're in need of some assistance.

I like the old one.

It's compact, its neat and everything be smooth.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Odin (Offline)
Lord of the Æsir

01-22-2009, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post

Yeah, that was a source of irritation for me as well. But it is a minor one.

~+VaMpiRe ClAn+~

(#29 (permalink))
Old
Odin (Offline)
Lord of the Æsir

01-22-2009, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureda View Post
Livesuit is an installer, and when you ask the installer to install just msn its 138 MB.

There is no package, there's just MSN that you ask it to install.

The New MSN is simply for retards. You have big buttons as if you're in need of some assistance.

I like the old one.

It's compact, its neat and everything be smooth.
*SIGH* If you only select messenger during the install, then it only downloads two CAB files. One for messenger itself at 24,358KB, and the second is for a update to the contact manger at 910KB. That is it! As long as you don't check all the other boxes you don't get anything else!!

... and what big buttons are you talking about???

~+VaMpiRe ClAn+~

(#30 (permalink))
Old
Bureda (Offline)
Banned

01-22-2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
*SIGH* If you only select messenger during the install, then it only downloads two CAB files. One for messenger itself at 24,358KB, and the second is for a update to the contact manger at 910KB. That is it! As long as you don't check all the other boxes you don't get anything else!!

... and what big buttons are you talking about???
Like I said by only selecting msn it it 138 MB. As for RAM complaints? for me it has not been running smooth .I can play games fine and still run MSN. Where as the new one. It's bulky and needs space for it to display properly, otherwise the background colours make it hard to read text. The shiny gloss as well irritates the eyes.

Can run games fine, keep a small msn window. no need for the bulkiness of 'colourful' templates.

Last edited by Bureda : 01-22-2009 at 03:41 PM.