JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
Odin (Offline)
Lord of the Æsir

Send a message via ICQ to Odin Send a message via AIM to Odin Send a message via MSN to Odin Send a message via Yahoo to Odin Send a message via Skype™ to Odin
01-22-2009, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Moved uneeded posts.

No-one I know has got it and I didn't like it when I got it myself. I'll probably get the version after this one.
Well, I only upgraded myself yesterday. I not really a fan of some of the cosmetic changes. However the older version used to become a huge strain on system resources, especially if a contact was fond of using many custom emoticons. On my 1.8MHz system CPU usages would hit 100% after an hour or so. I'm not having any of these problems now, and I hear the same thing from several other friends.

The Honored of Valhöll are: Acidreptile: my spiritual brother, smilexfreak7: milaya moya sestra Tsuzuki: my dark goddess,
=Kanji: the eternal wanderer, Zenit: future world conquer, Michieru: self proclaimed mastermind of genius
and the rest of my family in the
~+VaMpiRe ClAn+~

(#42 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

01-22-2009, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin View Post
Well, I only upgraded myself yesterday. I not really a fan of some of the cosmetic changes. However the older version used to become a huge strain on system resources, especially if a contact was fond of using many custom emoticons. On my 1.8MHz system CPU usages would hit 100% after an hour or so. I'm not having any of these problems now, and I hear the same thing from several other friends.
Well that was never a huge problem for me, I could run MSN in the background and several other programs and it was fine. I think since this didn't matter as much the cosmetic changes were just irritating and there was really no point in keeping it for me. I upgraded the day it came out, and went back a few days later.
(#43 (permalink))
Old
Bureda (Offline)
Banned

01-22-2009, 05:10 PM

One of my girls installed the new version and I was like wtf is this ugly thing. So i removed it a few hours later and went to the the good old eight point ou.
(#44 (permalink))
Old
Odin (Offline)
Lord of the Æsir

Send a message via ICQ to Odin Send a message via AIM to Odin Send a message via MSN to Odin Send a message via Yahoo to Odin Send a message via Skype™ to Odin
01-22-2009, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Well that was never a huge problem for me, I could run MSN in the background and several other programs and it was fine. I think since this didn't matter as much the cosmetic changes were just irritating and there was really no point in keeping it for me. I upgraded the day it came out, and went back a few days later.
Just out of curiosity, what kind of systems specs you have? I only ask cause I have heard from many about, the cpu usage with the 8.x series of Live Messenger.

The Honored of Valhöll are: Acidreptile: my spiritual brother, smilexfreak7: milaya moya sestra Tsuzuki: my dark goddess,
=Kanji: the eternal wanderer, Zenit: future world conquer, Michieru: self proclaimed mastermind of genius
~+VaMpiRe ClAn+~

(#45 (permalink))
Old
RazerKill (Offline)
-=New Roots=-

01-22-2009, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuzuki View Post
Since yesterday I use with some of my friends the new msn version x3 at first I was thinking that the messenger not really changed but I was wrong *-* it has a lot new stuff in it and the designe looks really different !
For me personaly what I love on the new msn is that I can use now my own animatad avatar x3 and my computer is getting faster with the new version the old one slowed my Laptop down x) .
what do you like on the new msn ? x3

did they move it to the other side???
if so that sucks :X

ps. thats msn 8.5 with msn plus and apatch

ps ps. razerkill@hotmail.com if u want to add

proud member of the ramen club XD

http://new-roots.com

Last edited by RazerKill : 01-22-2009 at 07:00 PM.
(#46 (permalink))
Old
minimin (Offline)
Reeta-Leena Korhola

Send a message via AIM to minimin Send a message via MSN to minimin
01-22-2009, 07:30 PM

I think for now I'll stick with the older version, I'll probably upgrade some time later, right now I'd rather just not have that version.

and yeah, switching the DP to the other side sucks.

Rest in peace Kyle <3
(#47 (permalink))
Old
Odin (Offline)
Lord of the Æsir

01-22-2009, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazerKill View Post

ps. thats msn 8.5 with msn plus and apatch

ps ps. razerkill@hotmail.com if u want to add
Yes, for unknown reasons they switch sides. That bothered me for a little while, but after a few hours, but I quickly became accustomed to it.

BTW: Both A-Patch and MSNPlus are working with new version, but you MUST have latest beta versions.

~+VaMpiRe ClAn+~

(#48 (permalink))
Old
Tsuzuki (Offline)
冷血の私生児

Send a message via ICQ to Tsuzuki Send a message via MSN to Tsuzuki Send a message via Yahoo to Tsuzuki Send a message via Skype™ to Tsuzuki
01-22-2009, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazerKill View Post

lol yes they did x3 well after 1 or 2 days it's ok and you don't really think about on what side they are ^^

ギャー(*0*((◎—————ー(°°; ) スッポヌケ〜
✿ あなた だけ が みれば いい... 狂気と真実は紙一重 ✿

そして坊やは眠りについて 息衝く灰の中の炎ひとつ、ふたつと 浮かぶふくらみ愛しい横顔 大地に垂るる幾千の夢、夢 銀の瞳のゆら(◕‿‿◕ )
It's a thin line between genius and stupidity. Once you cross it there is no going back!! Luckily I have tippex and a pen so I can just redraw it where I like!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA =_=

†♫†
(#49 (permalink))
Old
RazerKill (Offline)
-=New Roots=-

01-22-2009, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin View Post
Yes, for unknown reasons they switch sides. That bothered me for a little while, but after a few hours, but I quickly became accustomed to it.

BTW: Both A-Patch and MSNPlus are working with new version, but you MUST have latest beta versions.
auts thats really crap.. I'm very left orientated i guess i will stick to the old one until that is changed.

proud member of the ramen club XD

http://new-roots.com