LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
pumpum (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-03-2009, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Since when have the words changed meaning. If YOU choose to swear a lot, then the words will change meaning (or impact) for YOU, but that doesn't mean everyone uses that language or finds swearing "normal". I only use profanity when I am trying to make a point and with close friends. I would never use profanity in front of strangers, unless I was being mugged or something like that.
If you said to somebody "Fuck-you" - what does that mean ?

it is very obvious what fuck means but does it mean "that" in that sentence?

The things that come to those who wait are the things that are left by those who got there first !
(#12 (permalink))
Old
KikiBunny23 (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to KikiBunny23 Send a message via MSN to KikiBunny23 Send a message via Yahoo to KikiBunny23 Send a message via Skype™ to KikiBunny23
03-03-2009, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpum View Post
If you said to somebody "Fuck-you" - what does that mean ?

it is very obvious what fuck means but does it mean "that" in that sentence?
Here...f*uck you would mean piss off or get the h*ll away from me before i beat your *ss.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
pumpum (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-03-2009, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KikiBunny23 View Post
Here...f*uck you would mean piss off or get the h*ll away from me before i beat your *ss.
Exactly my point! - the meaning has changed !

The things that come to those who wait are the things that are left by those who got there first !
(#14 (permalink))
Old
KikiBunny23 (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to KikiBunny23 Send a message via MSN to KikiBunny23 Send a message via Yahoo to KikiBunny23 Send a message via Skype™ to KikiBunny23
03-03-2009, 02:40 AM

Quote:
but it still has a very rude meaning.

whether it means to piss off or anything else...it's still horribly mean to say to someone.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-03-2009, 02:47 AM

Quote:
How has that meaning changed? F.U. is serious fighting words where I live.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
MarkDuff (Offline)
*yawns*

03-03-2009, 03:06 AM

Quote:
What is the problem with it in 2009?

I absouletly love swearing, i swear constantly, i swear about everything BUT!!! out of all the swearing that i do - only about 10% is ever meant to be offensive. It is now 2009 swear-words dont just mean what they meant originally, they have beacome more a term of expression and i will submit no more word is as versatile in the english language than the swear-word.

to me the amount of different uses the simple f-word can have, makes it the most amazing word ever created - its divine - BUT some people still get offended I DONT UNDERSTAND why ??

Where i am from being called a muther-fucker is almost endearing now - ie: "he is a funny-mf, bad mf or cool mf", but my point is - that no one who has ever called me that word, even offensively has ever meant that i actually am promiscuous with mothers - you see what i mean ?

also with the f word - if i wake up and look out my window and say "what a beautiful fucking day" - how is that offensive? - i dont get it maybe yall can enlighten me.

am i just an ignornat M***** F***** ?

NOTE TO MODS - NO I AM NOT CREATING A SILLY THREAD JUST TO SWEAR - THIS IS A SERIOUS QUESTION - I WANNA SEE IF PEOPLE AGREE WITH ME ?
for your first question, their is nothing wrong with 2009 just thing schange

for you second question people are raised differently tought differently, and see things differently thats why some people take offence, when you curse you have to becareful who you do it around becuase others may not alays have the same meaning as you intend to make it. for some things the culture diveristy moves at a slower rate for different things others will move faster then others.

for your thrid question just like you stated, "where i am from..." not all p[laces are the same as where your from, I am also kind of from the same posistion only its stupid underclass men cursing thinking their cool but little to they realize how stupid it makes them seem, Cursing is like a pleg, it has spread from adults to children its sad, I mean i will even catch myself doing it in front of my 4 year old cousin and not even mean to do it, and some kids don't know any better and will just repeat what they hear.

"what a beautiful fucking day" can be taken the wrong way becuase at a serton perspective you could be seen being sarcastic and some people will see it that way

And actually your are kind of ignorent only because of the lack of knowledge, not that your not smart, but like Ronin said it is seen that i cicity you will be seen as part of the "lower class" because just as you their ignorent also becase they think they are better and yet their also flawed, since no one is perfect, but personally i would rather hang out with a person like you insted of a snoby bitch or asshole who are full of them selves and think their better then others when in reality their worse then others because the attitude they have won't get them any where in life, as it will go for the attitude you posses also, as an employer or a person who is willing to do something for you if you make it seem as if you don't give a fling f**k then their less likely to help you out because of the mind set you have its all about the mind set that a person has because of the first impression that almost every one in the world basis their judgement off of.

(P.S. sorry my spelling is terrible)

My JF family and D.N.A. And Perv Club. Oh and please sign my Guest book. And please no bad comments
FINAL FANTASY CLAN: CODE NAME: AURON
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-03-2009, 05:10 AM

Quote:
I am intrigued - how so ? the way i talk is reflected in all the classes i know of especially posh people so i dont understand, also if the word doesnt mean what it used to mean why does it create such a problem ?
I don't mean working class, upper class etc.

I mean class as in relation to society's general expectation of well-mannered, polite and considerate individuals

(By the way... are you British?)
(#18 (permalink))
Old
burkhartdesu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-03-2009, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I would never use profanity in front of strangers, unless I was being mugged or something like that.
LOL Quote of the week

..I just imagine myself getting mugged and lettin' em fly!
(#19 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-03-2009, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
That is not true.

I swear a hell of a lot more than the poor Thai people here, always trying to be polite whilst eating with their bare hands...

So now class is determined by manners?

There is a tactful way of going about things. If you're suggesting class as in sophistication, which really has no direct link to finance, regardless that it statistically usually does, then there is still a tactical way of swearing without coming off as uncouth.
I think we can limit this topic to the English speaking world.

Swearing is the antithesis of "good manners" so if you swear a lot, indeed you will be seen as having poor manners. Fair or not, that is reality in most of the English-speaking world. Just as if you hold your fork like a baseball bat or don't say "excuse me" if you bump into someone.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Sutiiven (Offline)
nothingness

03-03-2009, 12:02 PM

To be honest i will only swear on certain things like ignorant people or while working out with no one around.

here some will say f and it can be a joke like hi to get your attention or f on certain things and lots of beat downs and constant sob and both versions of N a lot.

but when i was a kid i sweared a lot People always said i talked like a sailor.