JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
pumpum (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Swearing 2009 - 03-01-2009, 09:46 PM

What is the problem with it in 2009?

I absouletly love swearing, i swear constantly, i swear about everything BUT!!! out of all the swearing that i do - only about 10% is ever meant to be offensive. It is now 2009 swear-words dont just mean what they meant originally, they have beacome more a term of expression and i will submit no more word is as versatile in the english language than the swear-word.

to me the amount of different uses the simple f-word can have, makes it the most amazing word ever created - its divine - BUT some people still get offended I DONT UNDERSTAND why ??

Where i am from being called a muther-fucker is almost endearing now - ie: "he is a funny-mf, bad mf or cool mf", but my point is - that no one who has ever called me that word, even offensively has ever meant that i actually am promiscuous with mothers - you see what i mean ?

also with the f word - if i wake up and look out my window and say "what a beautiful fucking day" - how is that offensive? - i dont get it maybe yall can enlighten me.

am i just an ignornat M***** F***** ?

NOTE TO MODS - NO I AM NOT CREATING A SILLY THREAD JUST TO SWEAR - THIS IS A SERIOUS QUESTION - I WANNA SEE IF PEOPLE AGREE WITH ME ?

The things that come to those who wait are the things that are left by those who got there first !
(#2 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-01-2009, 09:50 PM

Swearing has indeed lost its effect.

You'll be seeing it in super markets soon!

"fcukin beans, half price!"

"Special Offer, you lucky ba$tards!"

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-01-2009, 09:58 PM

The more you swear the lower your "class".

I'm kind of the opposite of pumpum. I ONLY use swearing if I'm being offensive or cursing my misfortune.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
KikiBunny23 (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to KikiBunny23 Send a message via MSN to KikiBunny23 Send a message via Yahoo to KikiBunny23 Send a message via Skype™ to KikiBunny23
03-01-2009, 10:06 PM

I rarely curse unless I'm really pissed...and barely then. I try to be the opposite of my parents...

"what a beautiful f*cking day" Depending on how you say it...like if you're pissed, I woudn't really say someone would get 'offended' but they might get mad for their own reasons...people cursing for no reason kinda makes me mad. That'd be my reason.
Unless I know their joking of course...take mine and a friends convo last night "you b*tch XD"
"got that right. but at least i don't go sluttin around like you w/ your fugly pimps"
I could tell she meant it in a joking manner...I think people only get offended if it sounds like your mad. Cus like, my mom will call us dumb-f*cks and she'll mean it in a rude manner...or w/ my sis fightin w/ this one chick over the phone. They were tossin the f-bomb and slut, b*tch all night...until the cops got called of course. THen they acted all innocent.
Now I'm just ramblin...sorry *sweat* that prolly didn't help any
(#5 (permalink))
Old
nobora (Offline)
Fan Ichigou

03-01-2009, 10:56 PM

I think its because some people want the world to be peaceful , and inocent. They want it so that their kids dont pick up these words.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

03-01-2009, 11:12 PM

Swearing is informal and rude to bring up in everyday conversation. It's something you say with poeple you know very well and should not be said in the public.

Swears and words of taboo have been around for so long, but swears usually generalize somebody of being lower and not as proper.

There's two different "types" of English. There's Saxon and one other Latin-type version... One was only used by the upperclass and the other is used by everybody else. That's sort of how swears formed, kind of. We were just going over this in English class the other day and I think it's interesting.

Language is ALWAYS changing, so someday the words we say now become swears or will slowly become extinct words.

Though everybody swears today (regardless of class), I still think it's an innopropriate thing to do in public, at least. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it, is how I think of swearing.

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780
(#7 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
03-01-2009, 11:16 PM

YouTube - GRAMMAR: Simile's using like in Japanese...

猿も木から落ちる
(#8 (permalink))
Old
pumpum (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-03-2009, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
The more you swear the lower your "class".
I am intrigued - how so ? the way i talk is reflected in all the classes i know of especially posh people so i dont understand, also if the word doesnt mean what it used to mean why does it create such a problem ?

The things that come to those who wait are the things that are left by those who got there first !
(#9 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-03-2009, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpum View Post
I am intrigued - how so ? the way i talk is reflected in all the classes i know of especially posh people so i dont understand, also if the word doesnt mean what it used to mean why does it create such a problem ?
Since when have the words changed meaning. If YOU choose to swear a lot, then the words will change meaning (or impact) for YOU, but that doesn't mean everyone uses that language or finds swearing "normal". I only use profanity when I am trying to make a point and with close friends. I would never use profanity in front of strangers, unless I was being mugged or something like that.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Yazoo (Offline)
JF Regular

03-03-2009, 01:59 AM

Swearing will still and always have it's meaning. Like the word nigga.

Some people might not get offended, but there will always be others that will.