JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-31-2009, 07:20 AM

I am trying to use your words, but you seem to slip from one subject to another, komitsuki.

American hegemony is whatever you want it to be. If you want to say America is no longer the Imperialistic empire that it once was, fine. I'll agree all the way if it makes you feel better.

I am not in South Korea, and if this was South Korea Forum, maybe someone would agree with you. You drop short sentences with weighted words and little explanation of your opinion, so please excuse the confusion.

Almost 20 years after he was elected, Bill Clinton is still popular in Japan and much of the world. Probably the most popular living US president just behind Obama.

And the right-swinging media is INCREDIBLY critical of the new president. Rush Limbaugh, a very popular right-wing talk show host even said he hopes Obama's policies fail.

Last edited by MMM : 03-31-2009 at 07:23 AM.
(#42 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-31-2009, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I am trying to use your words, but you seem to slip from one subject to another, komitsuki.
I'm just connecting the ideas. Nothing wrong with it.

Quote:
And the right-swinging media is INCREDIBLY critical of the new president. Rush Limbaugh, a very popular right-wing talk show host even said he hopes Obama's policies fail.
American =/= the world (or Western) media

Think bigger. Think deeper.

Anyway, sorry for the semi-relevant threadjacking.
(#43 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-31-2009, 07:35 AM

The American media is certainly a part of the Western media.

And you seem to be disconnecting rather than connecting, and so far haven't really said anything of any substance. Please feel free to flesh out your ideas, as my interest in guessing what you are really trying to say (rather than just disagreeing) is waning.
(#44 (permalink))
Old
burkhartdesu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-31-2009, 07:37 AM

Nyororin serves us the facts once again.
(#45 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

03-31-2009, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
And you seem to be disconnecting rather than connecting, and so far haven't really said anything of any substance. Please feel free to flesh out your ideas, as my interest in guessing what you are really trying to say (rather than just disagreeing) is waning.
You already understand what I'm saying. What's more to do?
(#46 (permalink))
Old
cridgit001 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to cridgit001
04-03-2009, 03:06 AM

Found this on youtube, thought it was relevant, skip to the middle of the video if you want to see the part on the textbooks.

YouTube - Japan's Dirty Secret - Japan
(#47 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

04-03-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cridgit001 View Post
Found this on youtube, thought it was relevant, skip to the middle of the video if you want to see the part on the textbooks.

YouTube - Japan's Dirty Secret - Japan
Wow... that was amazing.
(#48 (permalink))
Old
cha1st (Offline)
New to JF

04-27-2009, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohad View Post
I hope I do not touch a soft point by mentioning the issues, subjects and historical events further in this post, and offending any Japanese fellow on the board. I am sorry if I am offending anyone in advance.

How does the Japanese education system protray the Empire of Japan? I am especially interested in the way the Japanese expansions, wars and atrocities are presented. For a more specific instance, how does it present the Japanese occupation of the shores of China and the establishing of puppet states? How does it present - if it does - the Nanking Massacare?

How are Emparor Hirohito, Dougles McArthor (and the American occupation of Japan), Hideki Tōjō, the A-Bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki presented?

Again, I am very sorry if this post will hurt anyone, and it is very understandable if it will.

Of course, I made a horrible spelling error at the thread's title. Please fix it. Thanks.
Nanjing Massacare is really horrible and 3000000 Chinese Innocent people were killed in six weeks. Nanjing was a living hell that time. So all japanese people and especially young generation should be educated with the truth of history in 1930's

More Information about me, Pls visit my web:Free Information World Forum
(#49 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

04-27-2009, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cha1st View Post
Nanjing Massacare is really horrible and 3000000 Chinese Innocent people were killed in six weeks. Nanjing was a living hell that time. So all japanese people and especially young generation should be educated with the truth of history in 1930's
To be honest.. That sentence I bolded is all that I expect Japanese to know about it so I agree to an extent.

Not everyone can be hold a history major though.

In saying that though... I don't think Japanese people should feel any humiliation whatsoever. It happened in the past.. it's history.

I also find it ironic that Chinese people complain of human rights violations committed by Japan when the Chinese are some of the worst violators of human rights today.
(#50 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

04-27-2009, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
I also find it ironic that Chinese people complain of human rights violations committed by Japan when the Chinese are some of the worst violators of human rights today.
Chinese government complain Japan's past action for the sake of diplomatic strifes that stemmed from the first Sino-Japanese war (1895). This is not much of the human rights issues in the past against the Japanese government.

Besides, the only thing in China that has the option to become anti-Japanese is the Chinese government... not the general Chinese people.

Japan's colonization of Korea itself meant "China, we're gonna get you." even before Japan declared the puppet government in Manchuria and WWII.

But you know what I find ironic? Japan's PM paid "a passive homage" to the Yasukuni Shrine and Beijing doesn't have any problems with the PM visiting China recently.

It's because the very fabric of Japanese politics has changed very significantly. I see a great Sino-Japanese cooperation in the future because of Japan's unique situation that is having.

And anyway, China's human rights is improving slowly and steadily. Of course the Western world is treating China like a First World country, despite that it is only a Second World country.

I hope the Western world would treat China with utmost dignity so the Chinese government wouldn't have any of the anti-Western mood swings that are getting bigger.