JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#51 (permalink))
Old
clairebear (Offline)

04-29-2009, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rison View Post
A friend just told me United states authorities are considering closing the mexican borders for a few days.

Does this curb the spread in any form, already there are reported cases in Germany...also in clairebear's country- England isnt it?
Scotland - but I'm pretty sure I read that there's cases in England and Wales aswell.
(#52 (permalink))
Old
LuckyLuck (Offline)
Transform Tomorrow

Send a message via MSN to LuckyLuck
04-29-2009, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Precaution...fine.
Overreaction....wrong.It leads to making frantic and unnecessary decision (check my above post).Is that undiplomatic or what?Now every Mexican will be screen before entering any country.
I don't find that frantic at all. Now I don't think mexicans alone should be scanned, everyone should. But harassing a few travelers now well defiantly pay off in the end if this virus were to progress.

The path to equality is a long road to travel.
(#53 (permalink))
Old
rison (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-29-2009, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairebear View Post
Scotland - but I'm pretty sure I read that there's cases in England and Wales aswell.
But the panic out there isnt as aggressive as the United states?

Orochimaru >>>>>Akatsuki,
(#54 (permalink))
Old
rison (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-29-2009, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLuck View Post
I don't find that frantic at all. Now I don't think mexicans alone should be scanned, everyone should. But harassing a few travelers now well defiantly pay off in the end if this virus were to progress.
I do.
If Europeans quarantining travelers then deporting them if suspected of ahving the flu...wouldnt you consider that frantic?

(#55 (permalink))
Old
InuAisu (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to InuAisu
04-29-2009, 10:17 PM

My thoughts:

It's because of the massive amounts of pigs who are mass bred for mass killing for mass production of commercial meat products. In other words, if humans followed their scientifically proven vegetable-only needed diet, we wouldn't be over breeding them, then there wouldn't be so many of them, so we wouldn't be so over-exposed to pigs, so swine flu wouldn't have put everyone on high-alert, so some people could still be alive, and probably a lot more people wouldn't be over weight.
Sorry if this seems assertive, it's just what I think.
And my prayers go out to the families affected by swine flu.
(#56 (permalink))
Old
rison (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-29-2009, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuAisu View Post
My thoughts:

. In other words, if humans followed their scientifically proven vegetable-only needed diet, we wouldn't be over breeding them, then there wouldn't be so many of them, so we wouldn't be so over-exposed to pigs, so swine flu wouldn't have put everyone on high-alert, .
How is this proven? and when?

(#57 (permalink))
Old
clairebear (Offline)

04-29-2009, 10:52 PM

Quote:
No one is really panicking - at least in my area. Everyone over here is pretty chilled about it haha, compared to other countries. Though the UK government are going to send out leaflets to UK households with information about the flu, how to prevent catching it, etc.
(#58 (permalink))
Old
InuAisu (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to InuAisu
04-29-2009, 11:05 PM

Quote:
How is this proven? and when?

Idk if there are any websites on it because all my information comes from health magazines and books. I don't think scientists or anyone else has made a big of a deal of it as it deserves because of all the ignorance that floats around such matters. A quick summary of the discovery is that there are several nutrients in meats that can be more harmful to us than useful. For instance, iron is found in both meat and plants, but the type of iron in meat is different from the iron in plants. The iron in meat is obsorbed past healthy levels, and can make a person unintentionally overdose on iron, which is more dangerous than being iron deficient. The iron in plants is absorbed to the point that is needed and does not dangerously exceed the needed amount.

Apparently there are a few other nutrients that are like that, but iron is the only one that I have read enough about to share.
(#59 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-29-2009, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Panic? In the US? Not really. And I have heard nothing yet about closing the borders to Mexico. That would surprise me.
(#60 (permalink))
Old
Payne222 (Offline)
un américain

04-30-2009, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Panic? In the US? Not really. And I have heard nothing yet about closing the borders to Mexico. That would surprise me.
A few schools here in Chicago have closed because of it. And there was a
factory in...Des Plains I believe that had 40 sick workers today. And more
cases keep popping up here.