Old
Gerlandox (Offline)
Chaotic Energy

Send a message via MSN to Gerlandox
05-10-2009, 04:22 AM

Thank youuuuu u
I pop in so say about something about mercy kills
and i find here well...

I AM NOT WHAT YOU THINK I AM, I AM NOT WHAT I THINK I AM, I AM WHAT I THINK YOU THINK I AM...
(#62 (permalink))
Old
LuckyLuck (Offline)
Transform Tomorrow

Send a message via MSN to LuckyLuck
05-10-2009, 09:34 PM

I've had to make that decision before, I choose to cut the machines. Most of those cases come up because the ill person is unable to make the choice themselves. If they can make the choice then I say let them. But if they cannot, then I don't see the problem with leaving it in the hands of someone who loves them.
It's a heartbreaking decision...but most of the time it's for the best.

The path to equality is a long road to travel.
(#63 (permalink))
Old
solemnclockwork (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-11-2009, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Another strawman... you're equating being depressed with terminal illness. The very nature of terminal illnesses has to be taken into account. And Euthanasia is only reserved for the deteriorating (think bed-ridden) or those that are about to deteriorate and haven't long to live. Someone who has a terminal illness in it's early stages but is still fully functional as a human will be denied it.

Euthanasia allows the terminally ill to die on their own terms with dignity.
No, I"m saying the reason being to make such an decision is based on the PAIN that they fill in both circumstances. In the person view the pain is intolerable and think nothing more of ending it. Even in if your bed ridden there is no plausible reason why they cannot be encouraged to live the rest of there lives out in a fruitful manner to them. I'll repeat; what is to say that a cure cannot be found, and by that they could be cured?

In what way does suicide equate dignity? I would have much more respect for someone who choose to live out there lives instead of choosing to opt out.

1 Corinthians 10: 31-33
31 Whether therefore ye eat or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. 32 Give none offense, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God. 33 Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.
(#64 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-12-2009, 10:26 AM

....deleted..... (posted twice by accident)

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 05-12-2009 at 10:29 AM.
(#65 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

05-12-2009, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solemnclockwork View Post
Even if your bed ridden there is no plausible reason why they cannot be encouraged to live the rest of there lives out in a fruitful manner to them. I'll repeat; what is to say that a cure cannot be found, and by that they could be cured?

Who the f*ck do you think you are for telling them that they have no plausible reason not to live out the rest of their lives?

The fact that you base your argument on the idea that a cure might be found? Give me a break... you fail to understand how medicine works. It's not like a cure is found overnight... like one day there is no cure and the next day there is. Medicine requires YEARS of research on testing and trials before it becomes available to the public.

You also fail to understand terminal illness. It's not like you're simply bed-ridden with an inconvenient set of symptoms brought about by your illness. These people are often in a lot of pain before they go... (depending on their disease).. so much so that they have to be pumped full of morphine to stem such pain.

Quote:
In what way does suicide equate dignity? I would have much more respect for someone who choose to live out there lives instead of choosing to opt out.
Suicide doesn't equate dignity... but ending your days in a sanitized hospital bed kept alive by drugs and machines may not be exactly the way people would like to go.
(#66 (permalink))
Old
solemnclockwork (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-12-2009, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Who the f*ck do you think you are for telling them that they have no plausible reason not to live out the rest of their lives?

The fact that you base your argument on the idea that a cure might be found? Give me a break... you fail to understand how medicine works. It's not like a cure is found overnight... like one day there is no cure and the next day there is. Medicine requires YEARS of research on testing and trials before it becomes available to the public.

You also fail to understand terminal illness. It's not like you're simply bed-ridden with an inconvenient set of symptoms brought about by your illness. These people are often in a lot of pain before they go... (depending on their disease).. so much so that they have to be pumped full of morphine to stem such pain.

Suicide doesn't equate dignity... but ending your days in a sanitized hospital bed kept alive by drugs and machines may not be exactly the way people would like to go.
I'm NOT going to debate someone who throws an tantrum every time someone posts something they don't like.

that said, please go reread that sentence before posting, you will find that you haven't understood it.

Give ME an break, for what did I based it ONLY around? I offer alternatives and reasons FOR my argument NOT just one. I simply say any illness is NOT an justifiable reason why people cannot live fruitful within means.

So everyone should dictate the day and term they die?

1 Corinthians 10: 31-33
31 Whether therefore ye eat or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. 32 Give none offense, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God. 33 Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.
(#67 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

05-13-2009, 11:37 AM

Quote:
I'm NOT going to debate someone who throws an tantrum every time someone posts something they don't like.

that said, please go reread that sentence before posting, you will find that you haven't understood it.

Give ME an break, for what did I based it ONLY around? I offer alternatives and reasons FOR my argument NOT just one. I simply say any illness is NOT an justifiable reason why people cannot live fruitful within means.

So everyone should dictate the day and term they die?
A tantrum? I curse at your self-righteous position in the first sentence out of a couple of paragraphs and you think I'm throwing a tantrum?

You said people can live a fruitful life within means. I'm sorry but when you're bed-ridden and your life is being unnecessarilly prolonged by drugs and machines, I can sympathize and respect that decision in those circumstances.

Nobody is saying that anybody should dictate when and where they should die (not that anybody can stop them if they decide to take matters into their own hands and if they are capable... but we are not talking about capable people so please stop with your strawman argument regarding suicide)... but when you are effectively simply waiting to die in a bed from a terminal illness then I think that the inevitability of the situation makes recieving euthanasia acceptable.

Anyway... your arguments are weak and JF rules forbid us to talk about your f*cked up Christian beliefs where you get your self-righteous attitude from so there is no way we can resolve this. For that reason I'm done.

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 05-13-2009 at 11:42 AM.
(#68 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-13-2009, 06:26 PM

And this thread will be done if an association with religion cannot be broken. Let's keep it clean and above the belt.
(#69 (permalink))
Old
FeyOberon (Offline)
JF Regular

05-13-2009, 07:00 PM

Quote:
ending your days in a sanitized hospital bed kept alive by drugs and machines may not be exactly the way people would like to go.
Quote:
when you're bed-ridden and your life is being unnecessarilly prolonged by drugs and machines, I can sympathize and respect that decision in those circumstances.
Not to jump into a rabid discussion, but (in the United States) an individual may choose to be taken off of life support. Obviously, this is only in instances where the person is being sustained by any of the various forms of life support, and does not address the full scope of possible situations involving terminal illness.
(#70 (permalink))
Old
xX2DXx (Offline)
JF Regular

05-15-2009, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Sorry to say but I don't think anyone who is actually dying really cares if you respect them or not. You are a nobody to them in every sense unless they actually respect and know you .
Not really something I see people caring about when there hairs are falling out and there bodies are rotting inside out. No death is respectable and why should this subject matter anyways? everyone is going to die and the only thing left of them is there signature on bank accounts.

I think when a person is ready to die then they should just die, if they want to stick around then they can take what ever action is necsisary to stay alive. It depends all on the person actually but it would be better if they had an option like putting them down. Then again it would also depend on how much money it would cost to get them put down or if its free (like a pure and simple shot in the head or something along those lines).