JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Working Out Again - 05-09-2009, 01:16 PM

........................................................................... ............

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me

Last edited by SHAD0W : 04-09-2020 at 10:46 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
coldhazard (Offline)
~Kent~

Send a message via MSN to coldhazard
05-09-2009, 01:25 PM

You should never train the same muscle group each day. After a workout you should give your muscles 2-3 days rest.
ex; If you train your biceps on monday, then don't train them again until wensday/thursday.
Take in alot of protein and don't use to much weight. The best way to find out the right amount of weight is when you can just do 12-15 repetitions of the movement. You should focus more on doing the right movement then stacking up the weight
(#3 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

05-09-2009, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAD0W View Post
The search funtion proved useless to me, so if theres anyone here that find a more appropriate place for my question to be merged/moved to, then please do so

As usual, I feel most my questions require backstory so that will be the smaller font, the real question will be below in this normal font

I sometimes go help my Dad at work lugging around huge bags of carpet underlay that can weigh anything from 70lbs to 160lbs depending on quality. In my younger days I used to be able to shift these onto my shoulder and move them around no problem. Until last week I had not been to work with him for about 2 maybe 3 years.. and this time he picked up a bag and threw it at me expecting me to catch it like before, and I fell flat on my backside. I felt SO weak.. so I've started working out again.

So, fellow fitness freaks..

I've bought some weighted training clothing (a 10kg vest and 4x 2kg sweatbands for legs and arms) to wear while I work out - Would it be problematic if I wore these all the time instead of just during work out? Would it cause strain on my bones or something silly like that?

Also, I'm in constant pain all over my body now I've been working out daily... my friend says its cause I'm not streatching properly.. What streatches do I need to do if all I'm doing is sit ups, press ups and chin/pull ups?

Any form of reply appreciated
I would say simply work out without the weighted clothing.

No need to strain yourself.

You definitely need to do warm up stretching before you start lifting heavy weights.

It sounds as if a 'Body Pump' type class scenario is more what you are wanting.

A walk or jog morning and evening also works wonders.

But yes, do stretching exercise first.

Do you smoke?

Hope this helps somewhat and I think this should be moved to the fitness thread

Cheers - Oz
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

05-09-2009, 01:33 PM

You don't want to work the same muscle out repeatedly. Small muscles like the bicep, fatigue easily and you need a 2 to 3 day rest after the work out.

This is my schedule. Monday I'd do chest. You require tricep strength in chest weight training, or any chest workout for that matter. Tuesdays is back. When you do back your biceps engage.

Wednesday shoulders/traps. For me my shoulders fatigue very easily but they grow very fast.

Thursday arms. Workout both bicep and tricep this day. Biceps got a 2 day rest, and triceps got a 3, so they should be doing pretty good and you should be ready to hit those curls.

Friday is legs.

Drink protein. I can't stress this enough. If you want to see results, and most people want them quickly, if you take protein you'll start to see changes in a couple of weeks.

Don't forget a lot of protein is made to supplement a meal. The worse thing you can do is have a large shake with dinner. Especially if you think you need to lose weight. Always put a few hours in between consumption. 2-3
I certainly recommend you definitely stretch out your legs and back before you do those exercises. The other ones don't require much stretching but certainly do back and legs.
Also you'll only want to use those weighted items in the beginning then you'll be taking them off. You are probably in a lot of pain because your body needs to recondition itself and rip the muscles.

Whoah, sorry, long reply.

Last edited by Kanji_The_Wanderer : 05-09-2009 at 01:36 PM.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
coldhazard (Offline)
~Kent~

05-09-2009, 01:35 PM

I disagree with your arm training. Doing opposite sides of the arm slows down the growth of both muscles. Both my fitness trainer and school teacher told me so.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

05-09-2009, 01:36 PM

You should consult a professional rather then taking any advice from anyone who posts here.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
風林火山

05-09-2009, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldhazard View Post
I disagree with your arm training. Doing opposite sides of the arm slows down the growth of both muscles. Both my fitness trainer and school teacher told me so.

Really? no kidding. I never had a trainer. I made that schedule myself with research and just testing myself. Interesting. I've never been dis-satisfied with it.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

05-09-2009, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post
Really? no kidding. I never had a trainer. I made that schedule myself with research and just testing myself. Interesting. I've never been dis-satisfied with it.
Each to their own..

This group of Videos on U-Tube from the same user is interesting.
YouTube - TomTom25255's Channel

He takes you through his progress stage to give you an idea..

Cheers - Oz
(#9 (permalink))
Old
coldhazard (Offline)
~Kent~

05-09-2009, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post

My shedule:
Monday: Biceps and Back
Tuesday: Shoulders
Wensday: Triceps and Chest
Thursday: Biceps and Back
Friday: Shoulders
Saturday: Triceps and Chest

I spend 2 hours a day in the gym, if I have spare time I train my stomach area each day because its a muscle group that recovers and grows fast for me.

Last edited by coldhazard : 05-09-2009 at 01:43 PM. Reason: typo~
(#10 (permalink))
Old
風林火山

05-09-2009, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldhazard View Post
My shedule:
Monday: Biceps and Back
Tuesday: Shoulders
Wensday: Triceps and Chest
Thursday: Biceps and Back
Friday: Shoulders
Saturday: Triceps and Chest

I spend 2 hours a day in the gym, if I have spare time I train my stomach area each day because its a mustle group that recovers and grows fast for me.
You don't do legs? Lower strength training helps to balance out greatly.