JapanForum.com  

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
06-02-2009, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanX View Post
This will be my last post in this thread, so I will say a lot.

If you had loved one lost in these things, then you would feel totally different, I assure you.
Was is reasonable? Yes, I was reasonable. You're typical stupid American punks murdering people in schools deserves a few weeks of media coverage, at least. Now it happens so much that it's old-hat.

It happens like nothing. I heard of three shootings in the same month a while back. "Let's go steal stuff because it's cool and because I'm an American moron" is no different than "Let's go execute multiple students because it's cool."

America does need security cameras, we do need police in every hallway, we do need voice monitoring. Why? Because of individuals such as yourself.

Heh, I have never heard this kind of garbage from any citizen of any country except America, and it's always Americans that complain because the government is watching our every move. Stop being morons, try to be a little mature, and use your heads every once in a while, and these things might go away. Until then, continue to make poems about stealing things.

Someone please answer this question to me via PM. When was the last time England, or any European country had a public shooting similar to the American shootings? And do European schools have the same security as American ones? Police, canine units, security cameras in ever hallways, cameras+voice recorders on buses?

I can guarantee the answer will be no. Why? Because Europeans aren't idiots, and don't do crap like hold public massacres.

Thanks for reading my rant. Apologies for it's length.
Its seems like I'm being thoroughly put in my place today.
And to tell you the truth, I'm not going to act arrogent about it, I'm going to think about it, and learn from it, because Alan, you have mistaken me for a regualar American. But I am not, I'm one that learns from his ways, everyone makes mistakes, sure I make tons of them every day. And its not hard to blow off and forget those mistakes, but it takes an intelligent person to take in what had happened and learn from it.
I thank you for your rant. You and MMM are both quite inspiring.

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you
(#12 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-02-2009, 04:06 AM

I think you are a little off the money, Alan. Sadly, things like this happen in Europe and Asia as well. The way the media focuses on things has changed. It used to be a one hour news day, but now we live in a 24 hour news day. That means channels like CNN need to be reporting something at all times.

Still, I think in some ways the Japanese tabloid media is worse in this respect. I remember one rather violent incident involving the murder of a young boy not far from where I lived, and the tabloid media kept it as the opening story literally for weeks.

Sensational stories will get sensational coverage, but lets not confuse the media with the event (and I am not necessarily talking to you, Alan).

I don't think it is an "American" vs. "European" thing, I think that is oversimplifying things.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Reavyn (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-02-2009, 04:07 AM

I work in a store that sells cigars. We have a walk-in humidor and almost every time someone younger than 23 comes in the store I will follow them in. Most of that time it is because they are looking around and making movements that seem a bit like they are wondering if they are going to get away with something. Most of the time the older crowd isn't like that, though there are a few. Sometimes I'm wrong and they are looking to buy and ask me for help since I'm in there, but a lot of times they still act shady while I'm in there with them.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
06-02-2009, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I think you are a little off the money, Alan. Sadly, things like this happen in Europe and Asia as well. The way the media focuses on things has changed. It used to be a one hour news day, but now we live in a 24 hour news day. That means channels like CNN need to be reporting something at all times.

Still, I think in some ways the Japanese tabloid media is worse in this respect. I remember one rather violent incident involving the murder of a young boy not far from where I lived, and the tabloid media kept it as the opening story literally for weeks.

Sensational stories will get sensational coverage, but lets not confuse the media with the event (and I am not necessarily talking to you, Alan).

I don't think it is an "American" vs. "European" thing, I think that is oversimplifying things.
Although I enjoyed talking about the subject, Alan dosen't want to speak of it anymore so, I'm just going to let it solve itself. And MMM, if you dont mind, could you close the thread?

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Hyakushi (Offline)
Ikaga desu ka!?

06-02-2009, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanX View Post
Because Europeans aren't idiots, and don't do crap like hold public massacres.
Werent they the ones who massacred billions based on there beliefs and different customs? . . . maybe I confussing them with someone else <_<.

I'm not racist . . . I hate everyone equally.
Closed Thread