(#12 (permalink))
Old
AzulieAngel (Offline)
Insane Shadow Roses

Okaay! - 12-02-2009, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobora View Post
Yup Yup please post the ones that you know
I know the ones like the guy with the hook, the Ghost of a hitchiker, and a myth about the Deer-Lady or a Goat-man!
I know other myths but that's all that I can recall right now.
I know alot of old myths like the ones about what mermaids are, or Nymph's! I like learning new myths and legends though!
I believe The Ghost Rider legend is spanish but I may be wrong, I do know that the comic & the movie are based off a myth about the hellhounds and one of the ones about the devil.
Though that would be a matter of your religion if you believe it true or not personally I don't believe it though!
I'll put down the full ones later if you want Nobura.
Will you put down the ones you know too?

LIFE is just a game

That you can never WIN

while PLAYING because

DEATH sucks!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
nobora (Offline)
Fan Ichigou

12-04-2009, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzulieAngel View Post
I know the ones like the guy with the hook, the Ghost of a hitchiker, and a myth about the Deer-Lady or a Goat-man!
I know other myths but that's all that I can recall right now.
I know alot of old myths like the ones about what mermaids are, or Nymph's! I like learning new myths and legends though!
I believe The Ghost Rider legend is spanish but I may be wrong, I do know that the comic & the movie are based off a myth about the hellhounds and one of the ones about the devil.
Though that would be a matter of your religion if you believe it true or not personally I don't believe it though!
I'll put down the full ones later if you want Nobura.
Will you put down the ones you know too?

Wow thats a lot LOL. Uh i know bout the hook, bloody mary, the hitchhiker, la llorona, the lady in white, el chupacabra, honoka( this ones japanese), fairys( in england which here in american we call trolls), uh alot more i cant think of right now though ^_^ If you wanna know more about one of the ones I listed just ask!
(#14 (permalink))
Old
kiyosuke (Offline)
JF Regular

12-04-2009, 01:42 PM

Do you know this Web site ?

Folk Legends - Kids Web Japan - Web Japan
(#15 (permalink))
Old
AzulieAngel (Offline)
Insane Shadow Roses

12-04-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:

Wow thats a lot LOL. Uh i know bout the hook, bloody mary, the hitchhiker, la llorona, the lady in white, el chupacabra, honoka( this ones japanese), fairys( in england which here in american we call trolls), uh alot more i cant think of right now though ^_^ If you wanna know more about one of the ones I listed just ask!

Who is La Ilorona and what is Honoka?

LIFE is just a game

That you can never WIN

while PLAYING because

DEATH sucks!
(#16 (permalink))
Old
FeyOberon (Offline)
JF Regular

12-04-2009, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanX View Post
I'm not sure if it's one of the most famous ones or not, but my favorite Japanese urban legend has always been "Kuchisake Onna" (口裂け女)

I'm not a good story-teller, so I'll let wikipedia do it.
Kuchisake-onna - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Um, yeah, I'm seriously wishing I hadn't followed that link.

I'm the last person in the office; it's dead silent here and starting to get dark out; and I'm a scaredy by nature.

Guess I'll head home now . . . .
(#17 (permalink))
Old
nobora (Offline)
Fan Ichigou

12-05-2009, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeyOberon View Post
Um, yeah, I'm seriously wishing I hadn't followed that link.

I'm the last person in the office; it's dead silent here and starting to get dark out; and I'm a scaredy by nature.

Guess I'll head home now . . . .
hahahahaha ur fault!

@Angel

La llorona is a mexican story

so i'll tell u it

one day their was this girl who ws really pretty and all the guys liked her. Her name is maria. Well she wsnt getting married cuz she didnt like anyone in the village. but one day a guy came and they immediatley fell in love and got married. they had 2 kids and were happy. but suddenly her husband was coming home later and later and drunk. then one night when she was washing the dishes she saw her husband come out of a fancy car and inside was a women . he came inside staggering said hello to his kids told them he loved them and told maria " I dont love you im with her , take care of my kids" Maria watched him leave. she was really mad . She grabbed the two kids and went outside by the river where she threw them in. The kids who were small drowned. She saw was she did and regretted it. she started walking fast towards the village but didnt watch where she ws going she triped on a thick branch and hit her head on a huge rock.

the next day the villagers saw that maria was missing so they searched for her untill someone found her by the river. They barried her and realized wat she had done. The bodies of the kids was never found. She was told that she couldnt go to heaven that she needed to find her two kids before she goes. Till this day shes walks at night looking through all the rivers and water she can find searching her kids crying out "mis hijos donde estan mis hijos" which means my kids where are my kids. People say that if u go by the arroyo or river at night you can hear her crying out and if your not careful enough she'll pull in thinking that ur her kids.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
AzulieAngel (Offline)
Insane Shadow Roses

12-05-2009, 11:36 PM

Quote:

@Angel

La llorona is a mexican story

so i'll tell u it

one day their was this girl who ws really pretty and all the guys liked her. Her name is maria. Well she wsnt getting married cuz she didnt like anyone in the village. but one day a guy came and they immediatley fell in love and got married. they had 2 kids and were happy. but suddenly her husband was coming home later and later and drunk. then one night when she was washing the dishes she saw her husband come out of a fancy car and inside was a women . he came inside staggering said hello to his kids told them he loved them and told maria " I dont love you im with her , take care of my kids" Maria watched him leave. she was really mad . She grabbed the two kids and went outside by the river where she threw them in. The kids who were small drowned. She saw was she did and regretted it. she started walking fast towards the village but didnt watch where she ws going she triped on a thick branch and hit her head on a huge rock.

the next day the villagers saw that maria was missing so they searched for her untill someone found her by the river. They barried her and realized wat she had done. The bodies of the kids was never found. She was told that she couldnt go to heaven that she needed to find her two kids before she goes. Till this day shes walks at night looking through all the rivers and water she can find searching her kids crying out "mis hijos donde estan mis hijos" which means my kids where are my kids. People say that if u go by the arroyo or river at night you can hear her crying out and if your not careful enough she'll pull in thinking that ur her kids.
That is so sad!
I love the sadder legends but they alway's make me cry!

LIFE is just a game

That you can never WIN

while PLAYING because

DEATH sucks!
(#19 (permalink))
Old
nobora (Offline)
Fan Ichigou

12-08-2009, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzulieAngel View Post
That is so sad!
I love the sadder legends but they alway's make me cry!
LOL its suppose to be scary
(#20 (permalink))
Old
AzulieAngel (Offline)
Insane Shadow Roses

Question 12-08-2009, 02:02 AM

Quote:
LOL its suppose to be scary
I know in should be but:kittycry:
I doesn't scare me because I grew up on horror and
not even stories about the BoogieMan scare's me anymore.
I think if she takes a person because she is trying to comfort herself through the people she takes!
So do you want to know about the Deer Lady or the Goat Man?

LIFE is just a game

That you can never WIN

while PLAYING because

DEATH sucks!

Last edited by AzulieAngel : 12-15-2009 at 12:11 PM.