JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Yakuza!!! (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/25831-yakuza.html)

ajin999 06-12-2009 01:55 PM

Yakuza!!!

hello everyone.I always think,yakuza is really exist at japan in our modern age now?...erm and what is their objective eh?...haha..jus wondering..:)

p/s: sry for bad english :p

MMM 06-12-2009 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajin999 (Post 733232)
hello everyone.I always think,yakuza is really exist at japan in our modern age now?...erm and what is their objective eh?...haha..jus wondering..:)

Yes, the yakuza still exist in Japan. In general their objective is the same as everyone else's: to make enough money to live.

bELyVIS 06-12-2009 03:11 PM

Yes, there is yakuza. They are businessmen now (illegal business mostly) and don't bother anyone unless you are butting into their business. The police know this and get involved only when they need to.

MMM 06-12-2009 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bELyVIS (Post 733266)
Yes, there is yakuza. They are businessmen now (illegal business mostly) and don't bother anyone unless you are butting into their business. The police know this and get involved only when they need to.

Actually most of them are in more legal businesses as much as if not more than illegal businesses.

Ronin4hire 06-12-2009 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 733269)
Actually most of them are in more legal businesses as much as if not more than illegal businesses.

Interesting... what makes them "Yakuza" as opposed to "businessmen" if all there stuff is legit though?

ajin999 06-12-2009 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bELyVIS (Post 733266)

then what they will do if local people involved in their work?..they will kill them or do something else? hehe

Kyousuke 06-12-2009 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin4hire (Post 733279)
Interesting... what makes them "Yakuza" as opposed to "businessmen" if all there stuff is legit though?

i think its just a natural shift between the illegal and legal. they might have made money selling drugs but were able to move to real estate and such by having money. idk im just giving my theory on it. much like in las vegas in the past. they used to take you to the back room if you tried to con them, but now they take more legitimate actions

seiki 06-12-2009 05:02 PM

do they still have those awsome full body tatoos?
i heard that those were kind of taboo in japan.

ajin999 06-12-2009 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seiki (Post 733314)

woah..:eek: really? what kind of tattoo? dragon? skull? cross ? bird ? haha..seem like interesting

bELyVIS 06-12-2009 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajin999 (Post 733282)
then what they will do if local people involved in their work?..they will kill them or do something else? hehe

A friend of my friend did and he was stabbed. Didn't die, but was in the hospital for a long time.

bELyVIS 06-12-2009 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seiki (Post 733314)

That is why most Onsen or pool don't allow tattoos.

bELyVIS 06-12-2009 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajin999 (Post 733322)
woah..:eek: really? what kind of tattoo? dragon? skull? cross ? bird ? haha..seem like interesting

Look here:

Yahoo! Image Detail for http://www.dreadloki.com/pivot/images/yakuza1.jpg

MMM 06-12-2009 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin4hire (Post 733279)

Well they do both. The one yakuza guy I knew owned a video arcade. I think he was involved in the yakuza just to make extra money. For the most part, what I way was lending money to people who couldn't get loans.

Aota 06-12-2009 10:53 PM

Mm... For a better look on the life of yakuza, read books such as Confessions of a Yakuza, and Yakuza Moon: Memoirs of a Gangster's Daughter. Both are very true biographies in the life of a yakuza.

And, there are documentaries out there about new yakuza members, and how they're coping with the whole adjustment, and why they joined in the first place. Most of the time, it is simply to make a quick buck.

ajin999 06-13-2009 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bELyVIS (Post 733327)
A friend of my friend did and he was stabbed. Didn't die, but was in the hospital for a long time.

wah better don't involved with their business..i think your friend lucky because he not killed..phew god bless him..:rheart:

ajin999 06-13-2009 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bELyVIS (Post 733330)

great information belyvis..huhu...their body full of tattoo

seiki 06-13-2009 04:40 AM

the tatoo's are hand tapped it allows for a wider range of colors they spend hundreds of hours getting them done.

they are beautiful works of art and i saw on tv that in some national japanese museums they had the skin of yakuza members on display. full bodies skinned and put on a rack. damn

ajin999 06-13-2009 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seiki (Post 733641)
the tatoo's are hand tapped it allows for a wider range of colors they spend hundreds of hours getting them done.

they are beautiful works of art and i saw on tv that in some national japanese museums they had the skin of yakuza members on display. full bodies skinned and put on a rack. damn

skin of yakuza member? they take the skin from the yakuza body? warghhh evil...:mtongue: i cant imagine it..warghh...btw the video is nice mate

ozkai 06-13-2009 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajin999 (Post 733232)

Indeed they do.

They had a headquarters in Kyoto near to where I lived. It was an original very large traditional Japanese house.

My wife also served many in her hospital as a good load suffered from some sort of mental related diseases from stress.

ajin999 06-13-2009 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozkai (Post 733680)
Indeed they do.

They had a headquarters in Kyoto near to where I lived. It was an original very large traditional Japanese house.

My wife also served many in her hospital as a good load suffered from some sort of mental related diseases from stress.

owh owh..did they make anything strange to your area or something?

ozkai 06-13-2009 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajin999 (Post 733684)
owh owh..did they make anything strange to your area or something?

Not sure what sort of situation would come under the "strange" terminology?

Can you be more specific?

ajin999 06-13-2009 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozkai (Post 733687)
Not sure what sort of situation would come under the "strange" terminology?

Can you be more specific?

er er er...what i mean did they make any weird thing to your home or area?

p/s: sry for bad english

ozkai 06-13-2009 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajin999 (Post 733695)
er er er...what i mean did they make any weird thing to your home or area?

p/s: sry for bad english

They are involved with a lot of crime..

The only thing that really happened that I know about was when someone was shot in Kyoto, and the person was brought to my wife's hospital..

I was told by my wife that the whole thing was some sort of cover up connected to the police.

I can't really say much more..

ajin999 06-13-2009 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozkai (Post 733704)
They are involved with a lot of crime..

The only thing that really happened that I know about was when someone was shot in Kyoto, and the person was brought to my wife's hospital..

I was told by my wife that the whole thing was some sort of cover up connected to the police.

I can't really say much more..

wow...there is a lot of thing that i did not know about japan...more knowledge more fun..thx ozkai:mtongue:

YukisUke 06-13-2009 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajin999 (Post 733707)
wow...there is a lot of thing that i did not know about japan...more knowledge more fun..thx ozkai:mtongue:

That's right! Knowledge is power!! LMAO! :mtongue:

komitsuki 06-13-2009 09:33 PM

But what makes Yakuza groups in Japan so influential is having many connections with South Korean gangsters (somewhat have closer contacts with Russian mafias in Vladivostok unlike Yakuzas).

The more shocking thing. Some Yakuza bosses are known to have contacts with North Korean authorities of lower status, even today.

Anything involved with Yakuza are stranger than fictions, I must say.

SaintKat 06-13-2009 10:28 PM

Do people pay Yakuza for protecting their businesses? If so, what kind of business? Does it only happen in the sex industry? If you are a gaijin and you run a completely above-board business in Yakuza territory, do you still have to pay protection money? Exactly what benefits do you get for paying them in the first place?

I've always been curious, hence all the questions.
:confused:

ozkai 06-14-2009 12:18 AM

Yakuza in Japan control a large proportion of the sex industry.

They have huge assets and are major shareholder in large Japanese companies and banks, hence the political influence.

When In Japan, you will often see magnets advertsiing phone dating, sex clubs inside pay telephone booths, street signs poles.

The gophers that place these magnets, work for the Yakuza. What they do is illegal, and they are instructed to run as fast as they can if the police catch them. If they are caught, they will not give any info. away regarding their Yakuza bosses. You risk death if you give any Yakuza info. to the police.

As a rule, the Yakuza do not employ women directly as the consensus is that they talk to much and cannot keep secrets.

If you work for Yakuza and you end up in prison, it is a Yakuza honour and upon release, you are promoted up the ranks.

Bottom line is, Yakuza is the name of a Mafia group and a good majority of their activities are illegal.

It is tolerated by the Government and Japanese authorities as it is considered to be included in Japanese culture.

Generally, the Yakuza is fine from a safety stance to the general public, but simply earn money by getting involved with illegal things.

Hopefully a YAKUZA boss will be reading this and give us a full insight;)

YukisUke 06-14-2009 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozkai (Post 733879)
Yakuza in Japan control a large proportion of the sex industry.

They have huge assets and are major shareholder in large Japanese companies and banks, hence the political influence.

When In Japan, you will often see magnets advertsiing phone dating, sex clubs inside pay telephone booths, street signs poles.

The gophers that place these magnets, work for the Yakuza. What they do is illegal, and they are instructed to run as fast as they can if the police catch them. If they are caught, they will not give any info. away regarding their Yakuza bosses. You risk death if you give any Yakuza info. to the police.

As a rule, the Yakuza do not employ women directly as the consensus is that they talk to much and cannot keep secrets.

If you work for Yakuza and you end up in prison, it is a Yakuza honour and upon release, you are promoted up the ranks.

Bottom line is, Yakuza is the name of a Mafia group and a good majority of their activities are illegal.

It is tolerated by the Government and Japanese authorities as it is considered to be included in Japanese culture.

Generally, the Yakuza is fine from a safety stance to the general public, but simply earn money by getting involved with illegal things.

Hopefully a YAKUZA boss will be reading this and give us a full insight;)

It's possible. Crazier things have happened.

ajin999 06-14-2009 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by komitsuki (Post 733836)
But what makes Yakuza groups in Japan so influential is having many connections with South Korean gangsters (somewhat have closer contacts with Russian mafias in Vladivostok unlike Yakuzas).

The more shocking thing. Some Yakuza bosses are known to have contacts with North Korean authorities of lower status, even today.

Anything involved with Yakuza are stranger than fictions, I must say.

wah they also know to make their connection wider..lol..more connection with other nation..:vsign:

komitsuki 06-14-2009 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajin999 (Post 733943)
wah they also know to make their connection wider..lol..more connection with other nation..:vsign:

Yakuza aren't that widespread. If you want to see a pan-international group of mafia, the Chinese triads (Cantonese-based or Fujian/Taiwanese-based) are always the huge ones.

seiki 06-14-2009 04:49 AM

Do they run gambling rings? Im think gambling is illegal in Japan at least for money.

komitsuki 06-14-2009 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seiki (Post 733958)
Do they run gambling rings? Im think gambling is illegal in Japan at least for money.

Illegal by law. By practice, it's quite popular esp. with Pachinko (mostly run by Koreans living in Japan).

seiki 06-14-2009 05:00 AM

I know about pachinko where people trade items at other locations for money. Dose the yakuza have a hand in that??

MMM 06-14-2009 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seiki (Post 733963)
I know about pachinko where people trade items at other locations for money. Dose the yakuza have a hand in that??

Used to, but from what I understand now they are mostly Korean owned nowadays.

seiki 06-14-2009 05:09 AM

So from what im getting they are bussiness men that work illegally but just as a starting place to get customers? but they aren't violent anymore?

MMM 06-14-2009 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seiki (Post 733966)
So from what im getting they are bussiness men that work illegally but just as a starting place to get customers? but they aren't violent anymore?

I don't think it's that simple. There are all sorts of yakuza, and chances are anyone who brags about it probably isn't one, but the deepest members look like the most normal people in Japan.

ajin999 06-14-2009 05:16 AM

is yakuza really rich?

Nagoyankee 06-14-2009 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seiki (Post 733966)

When were they ever so violent? Or do you watch too many yakuza movies?
The good ones (:D ) will never even touch amateurs like you and me.

seiki 06-14-2009 05:22 AM

Yakuza: Japan's criminal underworld - Google Books

i just read this. they sounded pretty violent. lot to think about