JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-05-2009, 04:01 AM

We all make mistakes. If we learn from them is what makes the difference. You're young and luckily unhurt, do better from now on. As for your friend, a heartfelt apology might work or not but at least you tried. Good luck.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-05-2009, 07:05 AM

People do crazy things.

Life is so fragile that you need to take care of your own body, mind and soul attentively.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
JackIsLost (Offline)
Wanderer

Send a message via AIM to JackIsLost
07-05-2009, 08:51 AM

i say it's as much his fault as it is yours. if this "jay" is old enough to buy you drinks, he should have been wiser to stop a minor when they had enough. i know i would have stopped my friends when they had a little more than they should. stop fucking drinking at this dudes house if he's not going to regulate.
if it was my house, i will stop at no cost making sure my friends don't drink themselves into a point of alcohol poisoning. epic fail for both of you guys. curse me if you want, but stop blaming you and only yourself. this is both your fault, kid. yes, i dare say kid.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
07-05-2009, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackIsLost View Post
i say it's as much his fault as it is yours. if this "jay" is old enough to buy you drinks, he should have been wiser to stop a minor when they had enough. i know i would have stopped my friends when they had a little more than they should. stop fucking drinking at this dudes house if he's not going to regulate.
if it was my house, i will stop at no cost making sure my friends don't drink themselves into a point of alcohol poisoning. epic fail for both of you guys. curse me if you want, but stop blaming you and only yourself. this is both your fault, kid. yes, i dare say kid.
No..it wasn't his fault at all, he didn't buy it, he was ay work while we drank at his place...

Your right though, I am a kid. I dont mind that you said it.

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you
(#15 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
07-05-2009, 10:59 PM

If you learned from your mistakes, then you're on the right path. Now you'll be able to stop yourself next time.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Khengi (Offline)
JF Regular

07-05-2009, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quailboy View Post
Well..Jay might be getting thrown out of his house for letting minors drink there...this sucks..he might have to pay the price for my dumbass mistake.
Quote:
No..it wasn't his fault at all, he didn't buy it, he was ay work while we drank at his place...
Did he let you drink, or was it behind his back? I can't really tell from these posts.

But, just as everyone else has said, mistakes are made, crap happens, keep goin'.

---------------------------
I offer free Japanese lessons on my home site here!

[Note: I am proficient in the language (even proficient enough to get hired at a university for teaching), but do not look to me before a native or someone more proficient, like Nagoyankee]
(#17 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
07-05-2009, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khengi View Post
Did he let you drink, or was it behind his back? I can't really tell from these posts.

But, just as everyone else has said, mistakes are made, crap happens, keep goin'.
Hell yeah!! Life is full of mistakes. If they're not made, then why are you living in the first place.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to darksyndrem
07-05-2009, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khengi View Post

It was behind his back, but whoever is kicking him out for letting minors drink there, either doesn't know or doesn't care......or both (hope that made more sense)
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

07-05-2009, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quailboy View Post
NEVER STOP MAKING MISTAKES, BECAUSE IT MAKES YOU BETTER
BUT EVEN THOUGH YOUR GETTING BETTER YOU SHOULD STILL MAKE MISTAKES BECAUSE YOU WANT TO GET BETTER

Thats what I got out of your post...fuck that.
Awesome, because I needed a summary of my post in caps now, didn't I?

My point was to never stop making mistakes. If you stop making mistakes, then you stop learning. Thus, you get no where. Ofcourse, i don't mean the SAME mistake. If you make the mistake more than twice, then on the second time, it isn't a mistake.

You lost a friend. Don't make the mistake again.

In the end, your life isn't over.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Khengi (Offline)
JF Regular

07-05-2009, 11:34 PM

At a certain time, you're supposed to stop making mistakes and take the accumulation of your knowledge and try to do things without recoil. But before you get to that point, you have to stumble a bit.

---------------------------
I offer free Japanese lessons on my home site here!

[Note: I am proficient in the language (even proficient enough to get hired at a university for teaching), but do not look to me before a native or someone more proficient, like Nagoyankee]