It depends on the individual (psych assesments). 37 31.62%
Unsure. 7 5.98%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#91 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
07-22-2009, 04:55 AM

Post retracted..

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you
(#92 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

07-22-2009, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagato289 View Post
I have met 2 types of homosexuals im life so far.Yes, 2 types. The 1st types are the ones that feel different since youth. I call them true homosexuals. The 2nd type are the ones that that like their opposite gender for a while, then they decide to turn homosexual just becuase they cant find a partnerand just give up. I call them fake homosexuals.
Good observations. Very scientific of you. You'll make a fine biologist one day!

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#93 (permalink))
Old
Zagato289 (Offline)
Multi-Console Gamer

07-22-2009, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
Good observations. Very scientific of you. You'll make a fine biologist one day!
ha ,LoL. thank you!

It's so easy, To think about Love, To Talk about Love, To wish for Love, But it's not always easy, To recognize Love, Even when we hold it.... In our hands."
--Jaka

(#94 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
07-22-2009, 05:03 AM

Quote:
ha ,LoL. thank you!
...damn you are oblivious..

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you
(#95 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
07-22-2009, 05:07 AM

Quote:
I have met 2 types of homosexuals im life so far.Yes, 2 types. The 1st types are the ones that feel different since youth and always love their same sex . I call them true homosexuals. The 2nd type are the ones that that like their opposite gender for a while, then they decide to turn homosexual just becuase they cant find a partnerand just give up. I call them fake homosexuals.
Great story?

猿も木から落ちる
(#96 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-22-2009, 09:05 AM

Quote:
If no disorder exists, then no cure exists. Meaning their longing will not end with a sex change. If no disorder exists, then the real problem is some sort of emotional discomfort, probably caused by a disastisfaction with some aspect of their life. A sex change may help temporarily in pseudo ways, but I doubt the individual will ever be what you'd call a stable person.
The disorder EXISTS. It's as well documented and as clearly classified as any other disorder and plenty of eminent doctors and psychologists agree. However you are quite right, now surgery is relatively easily available some people do pick it up as a way to fix their lives, but conversely others realize that's not the case, or in fact are genuinely happy with their lives other than the over-whelming revulsion to their own bodies. You only have to look at these individuals at times when surgery was not an option to see the level their own mental-biological miss-match distresses them. There were cases of desperate self-castration or men consuming vast amounts of face cream with estrogen in it in order to feminize their bodies.

Possibly this whole "transgender" is "gay" point comes from Thailand where the laws are much more lax on transgenderism than for homosexuality, and some do choose to change sex rather than live a life in opposition of the law.

Quote:
Also, this does not excuse females who think they're males, as if no testosterone was ever recieved, then you'd be fully female, having never encountered any aspect of the male birth process, thingy.
All women have contact with testosterone. It's produced in the female body just as naturally as in the male, just in smaller amounts. Excess testosterone produced by the mother during pregnancy can have a masculinizing affect on a fetus. Interestingly, fetal sex dimorphism (the difference between M and F) is a two-fold process; there's the development of the gonads (ovaries or testes) first, and sometime later, some differences in neural structures which i'll call Type A and Type B. It's been shown in some cases that perhaps fluctuation of hormones during the pregnancy can leave an individual with say, male sex organs but a few key Type A structures, which they aren't ordinarily co-ordinated with. This obviously, is completely outwardly hidden, but could have some kind of affect. The links with this and transgenderism hasn't really been fully explored yet, but it does seem to be connected.

Gender identity kicks in about 3 or 4 years of age, but doesn't seem to become set until about 6/7 years old, much younger than sexual identity which comes with puberty, so that might explain the reason why many transexuals insist they've felt 'wrong' since early childhood.
(#97 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

07-22-2009, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbine View Post
The disorder EXISTS. It's as well documented and as clearly classified as any other disorder and plenty of eminent doctors and psychologists agree. However you are quite right, now surgery is relatively easily available some people do pick it up as a way to fix their lives, but conversely others realize that's not the case, or in fact are genuinely happy with their lives other than the over-whelming revulsion to their own bodies. You only have to look at these individuals at times when surgery was not an option to see the level their own mental-biological miss-match distresses them. There were cases of desperate self-castration or men consuming vast amounts of face cream with estrogen in it in order to feminize their bodies.
Many things are well documented. It doesn't mean they're real. Being able to undergo a psychological assesment proves nothing but your brain condition.

If a male undergos a test and answers in a female way every time, it does not mean the disorder is real, it means the male is unusual.

I've yet to see any actual physical evidence that there is any real part of this disorder. I mean, to me it seems people are talking about souls. Trying to say they have a male body, but a female soul. I don't believe in souls, so I don't believe that. The personality is a physical thing.

Someone needs to list the PHYSICAL differences in the male and female brain, and then compare the results with the genderly challenged. This is the only way to prove it, and I doubt it's been done.

As for "already proven" the disorder exists; I'm guessing some scientists just say it's real for the purpose of social equality. It happens many times. They also refuse to release test results on the capabilities of different races of humans, because a couple of races literally are superior than the rest, but they believe it serves no point and would only fuel racism, so it is kept in the dark.

Quote:
Possibly this whole "transgender" is "gay" point comes from Thailand where the laws are much more lax on transgenderism than for homosexuality, and some do choose to change sex rather than live a life in opposition of the law.
I don't understand this. There are gays and ladyboys everywhere in Thailand. This is probably the most welcoming country for the both of these groups in the world.

Quote:
All women have contact with testosterone. It's produced in the female body just as naturally as in the male, just in smaller amounts. Excess testosterone produced by the mother during pregnancy can have a masculinizing affect on a fetus. Interestingly, fetal sex dimorphism (the difference between M and F) is a two-fold process; there's the development of the gonads (ovaries or testes) first, and sometime later, some differences in neural structures which i'll call Type A and Type B. It's been shown in some cases that perhaps fluctuation of hormones during the pregnancy can leave an individual with say, male sex organs but a few key Type A structures, which they aren't ordinarily co-ordinated with. This obviously, is completely outwardly hidden, but could have some kind of affect. The links with this and transgenderism hasn't really been fully explored yet, but it does seem to be connected.

Gender identity kicks in about 3 or 4 years of age, but doesn't seem to become set until about 6/7 years old, much younger than sexual identity which comes with puberty, so that might explain the reason why many transexuals insist they've felt 'wrong' since early childhood.
This does not sound credible. You should list a reference.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#98 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
07-22-2009, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Nyororin,

This sounds true. But think about it. If you're in the womb, and you got an insufficient injection of testosterone and your brain did not fully develop into a male, then the level of severity that it would have to be for a male to believe it was female would definatly show in physical deformation as well. I think so.
It really depends upon sensitivity. There are things the brain is far more sensitive to than anywhere else in the body. It also has to do with the stage of development - if the problem occurs at one point, one thing happens... Wait a day and something else happens, etc. That`s why no one can say anything definite about my son`s development. We know there was a problem at one point, but no one knows the full scope of what that will have an effect upon. There is just way too much that no one knows.

Quote:
Also, this does not excuse females who think they're males, as if no testosterone was ever recieved, then you'd be fully female, having never encountered any aspect of the male birth process, thingy.
This was covered in another post before this, but women produce testosterone naturally. Encountering too much of it during important stages of development can again can problems.
However, females are usually considered more hardy and resistant to things like this.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#99 (permalink))
Old
kemey (Offline)
New to JF

Biologist is !smart! - 07-22-2009, 10:17 AM

Sex changes when people run into 3x
(#100 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

07-22-2009, 10:19 AM

Quotes from Wiki:

Gender identity disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Although evidence suggests that transgender behavior has a neurological basis, there is no scientific consensus on whether the etiology of transgenderism is mental or physical.
No scientific consesus obviously means the results were pretty sketchy.

Quote:
It is a psychiatric classification... [Gender Identity Disorder]
Case moderatly rested...

Quote:
In a landmark publication in December 2002, the British Lord Chancellor's office published a Government Policy Concerning Transsexual People document that categorically states "What transsexualism is not...It is not a mental illness."[8] In May 2009 the government of France has also declared that a transsexual gender identity is not a psychiatric condition in France.
So why does the government declare such things when scientific consensus is not in unison? What I said before; social rest and equality. Recognizing something as "real" has nothing to do with the truth in it, really.