LinkBack Thread Tools
(#101 (permalink))
Old
solemnclockwork (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-25-2009, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orewasenshi View Post
Kids do get bored, so stuff usually happens that aren't supposed to. *shrug* It all depends on people's opinions.
That is why it always good to set boundaries between relationships.

1 Corinthians 10: 31-33
31 Whether therefore ye eat or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. 32 Give none offense, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God. 33 Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.
(#102 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
07-25-2009, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solemnclockwork View Post
That is why it always good to set boundaries between relationships.
Like what kind of boundaries?
(#103 (permalink))
Old
orewasenshi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to orewasenshi Send a message via MSN to orewasenshi
07-25-2009, 01:52 AM

Yeah, boundaries of knowing when both people are ready would be nice.....
(#104 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

07-25-2009, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orewasenshi View Post
Yeah, boundaries of knowing when both people are ready would be nice.....
Yes. Some guys are always rushing the girls and when one thing leads to another and the girl has a bun in the oven, he's quick to disappear. Guys should wait until the girls are ready.
(#105 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
07-25-2009, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeyOberon View Post
That's the most enlightened response I've seen on this thread so far.

Also, it seems like many are treating the issue like an "A or B" situation: have a baby and a miserable life, or get an abortion. Actually, it's at least an A, B, C, or D situation, in my opinion. In adition to "A" and "B," adoption is a very feasible option. Or (if you are fortunate enough to have a good support system) you can choose to mature a little, work hard, love your child, and still live a full life.
And this response is probably the BEST I have seen so far in this thread.

Having a child as a teen is probably never really a good thing, or at least not the best thing to have happen... But that does not automatically mean it is an all out bad thing in every case.
I know a girl who had a kid at 15. She was a heavy-duty drink all night, skip school for months on end, chain smoking, sleeping with every guy she could, etc etc etc girl. Then she got pregnant... And was too scared to abort, plus had romantic dreams that the father would swoop in and give her a great and wonderful life.
Of course, that didn`t happen. But something else did. She didn`t want to hurt the baby so stopped drinking and smoking. She wanted it to be healthy so started eating right... After the baby was born, she took advantage of some teenage mother program and went back to school. She didn`t go to college, but ended up going through one of those technical programs for work skills - went on and got a job, then found a great guy with twins about the same age as her kid and got married. As far as I know she is happy, and has even said that having the baby turned her life around and was the best thing that happened to her. Had she gone through with an abortion, she`d have probably ended up on the street like her sister.

To make the assumption that it`s ALWAYS the worst thing that can happen is going way too far. Every person is different, and there are going to be at least a handful of teenage mothers who will be excellent parents.

The issue isn`t pregnancy, in my opinion, but society in itself. It`s no longer a matter of saying "Don`t have sex!" or "Be more careful!", as that doesn`t work. I think there needs to be more attention paid to WHY that isn`t working. Figuring out the real reasons why this is happening and preventing it will go a lot further than trying to figure out how to clean up the mess.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#106 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

07-26-2009, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
And this response is probably the BEST I have seen so far in this thread.

Having a child as a teen is probably never really a good thing, or at least not the best thing to have happen... But that does not automatically mean it is an all out bad thing in every case.
I know a girl who had a kid at 15. She was a heavy-duty drink all night, skip school for months on end, chain smoking, sleeping with every guy she could, etc etc etc girl. Then she got pregnant... And was too scared to abort, plus had romantic dreams that the father would swoop in and give her a great and wonderful life.
Of course, that didn`t happen. But something else did. She didn`t want to hurt the baby so stopped drinking and smoking. She wanted it to be healthy so started eating right... After the baby was born, she took advantage of some teenage mother program and went back to school. She didn`t go to college, but ended up going through one of those technical programs for work skills - went on and got a job, then found a great guy with twins about the same age as her kid and got married. As far as I know she is happy, and has even said that having the baby turned her life around and was the best thing that happened to her. Had she gone through with an abortion, she`d have probably ended up on the street like her sister.

To make the assumption that it`s ALWAYS the worst thing that can happen is going way too far. Every person is different, and there are going to be at least a handful of teenage mothers who will be excellent parents.

The issue isn`t pregnancy, in my opinion, but society in itself. It`s no longer a matter of saying "Don`t have sex!" or "Be more careful!", as that doesn`t work. I think there needs to be more attention paid to WHY that isn`t working. Figuring out the real reasons why this is happening and preventing it will go a lot further than trying to figure out how to clean up the mess.
I certainly agree.