LinkBack Thread Tools
(#91 (permalink))
Old
Zagato289 (Offline)
Multi-Console Gamer

08-06-2009, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterv20 View Post
hiroshima august 6th 1945,nagasaki august 9th 1945.i myself would have dropped it offshore to show it's awesome power.yet,the people in charge said it must be used.the war had to end....the allies would have to invade japan island by island,street to street,house to house and millions would have died.japan itself may have been destroyed like carthage was during roman times.is it right to trade a few hundred thousand for a few million lives?
as far as i know , Japan did many horrible stuff too, to innocent chinese people during a war. They experimented on them and more. That bomb changed Japan for ever.

It's so easy, To think about Love, To Talk about Love, To wish for Love, But it's not always easy, To recognize Love, Even when we hold it.... In our hands."
--Jaka

Last edited by Zagato289 : 08-06-2009 at 08:20 PM.
(#92 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
08-06-2009, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterv20 View Post
hiroshima august 6th 1945,nagasaki august 9th 1945.i myself would have dropped it offshore to show it's awesome power.yet,the people in charge said it must be used.the war had to end....the allies would have to invade japan island by island,street to street,house to house and millions would have died.japan itself may have been destroyed like carthage was during roman times.is it right to trade a few hundred thousand for a few million lives?
No it's not. They didn't have to drop that bomb on those innocent people. If they wanted to catch the people responsible for the Pearl Harbor thing, they should've just went to Japan and looked for them rather than bomb it to hell.
We didn't have to use the bombs. We really didn't.
(#93 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

08-06-2009, 09:53 PM

Here's another story that many people don't know.

There was another benefit for the two nukes only for the USA. It was to completely disable the Provisional Korean Government to become more pro-American. Right before the two nuclear bombs detonated, there was an America-backed plan to invade Japanese-occupied Korea on August 20th.

But this was discarded because of the early surrender and make America and Kim Il Sung (of the Guerilla faction; ironically backed by the USSR) powerful influences to the whole Korean Peninsula. This early Japanese surrender brought the sudden divisions inside the Korean Provisional government.

The two a-bombs over Japan did more than just affect Japan. It completely crippled South Korean political authority up to today by America.

JapanForum's semi-resident amateur linguist.
(#94 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-07-2009, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukisUke View Post
No it's not. They didn't have to drop that bomb on those innocent people. If they wanted to catch the people responsible for the Pearl Harbor thing, they should've just went to Japan and looked for them rather than bomb it to hell.
We didn't have to use the bombs. We really didn't.
"Catch the people responsible for the Pearl Harbor thing"?? "Should've went to Japan to look for them"???

Please, tell me you're joking....

JET Program, 1996-98, Wakayama-ken, Hashimoto-shi

Link to pictures from my time in Japan
(#95 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
08-07-2009, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by komitsuki View Post
Here's another story that many people don't know.

There was another benefit for the two nukes only for the USA. It was to completely disable the Provisional Korean Government to become more pro-American. Right before the two nuclear bombs detonated, there was an America-backed plan to invade Japanese-occupied Korea on August 20th.

But this was discarded because of the early surrender and make America and Kim Il Sung (of the Guerilla faction; ironically backed by the USSR) powerful influences to the whole Korean Peninsula. This early Japanese surrender brought the sudden divisions inside the Korean Provisional government.

The two a-bombs over Japan did more than just affect Japan. It completely crippled South Korean political authority up to today by America.
Yes Komitsuki is right most people dont know about this little part of history (wow something we both agree on) The result is still not changed though it happened you cant erase it and because of it. Nations now know what kind of devastation this bombs can do. IS the human race a little more wiser because of it yes but not by much.

(#96 (permalink))
Old
ThaDuke (Offline)
Lord Hades

08-07-2009, 12:10 AM

You know what makes the US such a strong country? We don't take crap from anyone. That's why we won the war. That's also why we won the war in Iraq; despite what the Harry Reid tells you. The surge worked.

The Death and Resurrection

of a Dark Ruler
(#97 (permalink))
Old
packetpirate (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to packetpirate Send a message via MSN to packetpirate Send a message via Skype™ to packetpirate
08-07-2009, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
WOW life is going to throw you some nasty curve balls if you are really this naive.

Who gave the Nazi's the right to determine which race was the purest. Who gave the Rome the right to subjugate or kill every territory? I can go on and on and on look back down through history my friend. The world is not as black and white as you seem to think it is.
You seem to have missed the point of what I was saying. My point was that NOBODY has the right to determine another person's fate. I never said what the Nazi's did wasn't wrong... stop putting words in my mouth.

And no... I see the world in full color, for the disgraceful, greedy and demoralized thing it is... don't just assume I don't know the world because I didn't go into full detail... I could write pages on my thoughts on this, but I don't have the time or the patience.

俺はサゲだ!
これが読みません。
(#98 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

08-07-2009, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packetpirate View Post
You seem to have missed the point of what I was saying. My point was that NOBODY has the right to determine another person's fate. I never said what the Nazi's did wasn't wrong... stop putting words in my mouth.

And no... I see the world in full color, for the disgraceful, greedy and demoralized thing it is... don't just assume I don't know the world because I didn't go into full detail... I could write pages on my thoughts on this, but I don't have the time or the patience.
No no one does that i agree with you on. However none of us posting here today was alive or know from experience what peoples thought process was during that era. All we have to go by is what we have been told in history books (history is written by the winner) or what has been told to us from first had accounts. The fact is it happen nothing can be done about it. If was given the role to determine if the bombs should have been dropped i would not be able to answer. Thats like asking me if the Roman Empire was a good idea. A person from that era and a person from this era has different thought processes. Talk to vet of WWII sometime if you have not already. It change my mind about a time period i thought i knew so much about. Like i said the world is not only cast in black and white tones.

I was not harping on you but so many people think these kind of decisions are so easy and so many people think they know exactly what they would have done when they have nothing to base it on. Only their idea that what they think would work would actually do so.

Last edited by Sinestra : 08-07-2009 at 02:00 AM.
(#99 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

08-07-2009, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDuke View Post
You know what makes the US such a strong country? We don't take crap from anyone. That's why we won the war. That's also why we won the war in Iraq; despite what the Harry Reid tells you. The surge worked.
D nt agitate the sleeping critics there is plenty of anti US sentiment around here.

(#100 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
08-07-2009, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai007 View Post
"Catch the people responsible for the Pearl Harbor thing"?? "Should've went to Japan to look for them"???

Please, tell me you're joking....
No, i'm not joking. Yes, they should have went to Japan to look for them rather than send two bombs to their doorstep. Don't shoot down my opinion again or else it will be met with severe torture. LMFAO!!