Old
KaiTea (Offline)
Stuck man.

08-14-2009, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotenmemory View Post
*slow clap*
LMAO. -Follows the slow clap-

Anyway, everyone who is giving you advice is probably right.

There is no problem in having a fascination with Japan, but, without being there... can you really say that it is better than America? America (besides its economical downward spiral) is not that bad. America is a suitable and safe place to be in, than other countries which are in constant poverty and military dictatorship/civil warfare.

Maybe... just maybe your parents want you to appreciate the country you live in a bit more, rather than being a patriot to a country you have not lived in. You don't have to wear an American flag t-shirt, but just be a little bit more grateful for the things you have around yourself.

As for religion... um. Good luck, buddy. All I can say is, just nod your head or, tell your parents that you would acknowledge Christianity, but you are not too sure if you want to commit to it. (say that you're confused... it might work. XD)

Your parents can not make you think the way they want you to think. I am sure your parents know that, but are still attempting to mold you anyway.

So! My best advice is keep some of your opinions to yourself; your parents already have one way of thinking. I don't think you being vocal about your views would change their perception. So knowing that its a stalemate battle, just abide by their rules until you leave... or get kicked out?
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Sblegach (Offline)
you gonna eat that?

Send a message via AIM to Sblegach Send a message via MSN to Sblegach
08-14-2009, 04:28 PM

Well they have the nerve to call you racist? When they think America is the superior race, theyre racist. Everyone in the world is equal, imo. Well if you are 18, then forget about them, go live your life, legally they HAVE to put you through college, even if you leave the house so its whatever... Maybe your obsession is a bit much >_> but hey everyone has something the obsess over right?

Mada Mada Dane

Pyon!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
packetpirate (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to packetpirate Send a message via MSN to packetpirate Send a message via Skype™ to packetpirate
08-14-2009, 04:48 PM

Make sure to remind your parents that Americans are not a race, never were, and never will be. We are a nation that was founded by foreigners... so the next time you hear them hating on asians, remind them that they helped build this country, in their own small ways.

俺はサゲだ!
これが読みません。
(#24 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
08-14-2009, 05:06 PM

This may sound odd, but read the entire idea.

First, don't waste our time arguing with them or trying to understand their neurotic behavior.

Second, gather everything they are wanting you to get rid of that you can possibly part with and has any value and SELL it. Take the funds from the sale of your departed Japanese stuff and start a savings fund. In the long run the things you are going ot lose will not really matter, only your feelings and thoughts. You will learn from the sacrifice and it will remove some of the hostility it is generating.

When there is enough in the savings - move out!

Then you can slowly replace what was lost with hopefully an even better collection.

They can ignore you, bean you from their house, but they cannot stop you from living in this country and participating in stopping this sort of irrational idiocy from continuing.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-14-2009, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sblegach View Post
legally they HAVE to put you through college, even if you leave the house so its whatever...
What? Since when?
(#26 (permalink))
Old
packetpirate (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to packetpirate Send a message via MSN to packetpirate Send a message via Skype™ to packetpirate
08-14-2009, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalnSG View Post
This may sound odd, but read the entire idea.

First, don't waste our time arguing with them or trying to understand their neurotic behavior.

Second, gather everything they are wanting you to get rid of that you can possibly part with and has any value and SELL it. Take the funds from the sale of your departed Japanese stuff and start a savings fund. In the long run the things you are going ot lose will not really matter, only your feelings and thoughts. You will learn from the sacrifice and it will remove some of the hostility it is generating.

When there is enough in the savings - move out!

Then you can slowly replace what was lost with hopefully an even better collection.

They can ignore you, bean you from their house, but they cannot stop you from living in this country and participating in stopping this sort of irrational idiocy from continuing.
There is no reason they should have to get rid of anything. They have no right to dictate the way they lead their life. There are other solutions than them having to get rid of whatever it is their parents don't like.

俺はサゲだ!
これが読みません。
(#27 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
08-14-2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packetpirate View Post
There is no reason they should have to get rid of anything. They have no right to dictate the way they lead their life. There are other solutions than them having to get rid of whatever it is their parents don't like.
This is not an issue of right or wrong - its legalities and knowing how to choose your battles wisely.

If the owner of the items is not leasing (as in paying rent) from the property owner (in this case parents), the property owner (mortgage holder) has the right to dispose of whatever is on the property.

Being a dependent child only serves to reinforce the law on this point. Better to sell and use the profits to get out of the hostile environment than to fight a losing battle and see it all put in a garbage truck or burned. I have been through this and I know what is at stake.

What I cannot verfiy, but strongly suspect from the account of what is going on there, is that far more may be at stake than possessions. Parents in this mode often go much farther if they battle too long at this stage. More than once I have know this parental extremist tactic lead to putting a dependent in a psychiatric facility...... when it was the parents who really needed to be put there instead.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Zagato289 (Offline)
Multi-Console Gamer

08-14-2009, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisukeKigurou View Post
For many years I have been interested in the Japanese culture. But my parents are planning on taking that away. Why? because they think America is the greatest country that ever stepped foot on the planet. They think it's the coolest thing since the computer. For quite sometime my mom would let me do my own thing. Now she thinks it's high time to get me to get rid of my passion. BOTH my parents even have the decentcy (sp) to call me a racist because I think the Japanese are cool. They even said that America is the center of the world and is a utopia.

Okay.... is this crap or what? I would love to live in Japan and stuff but do you REALLY think this is correct? No all countries have their problems but IMHO I think that our country in these recent years has the most. Is it okay to force such opinions as "America is the greatest thing since the computer?". I think not. I even said I thought the shinto religion was interesting but had no interest in becoming one. I like Japanese history. But my parents think I am going to become apart of what they call "a cult". My dad especially thinks that the shinto religion is a "cult". He even stated that in his house EVERYONE must be christian. I am SO getting tired of being told that AMERICANS are the ultimate race. And that everyother race must kiss our feet.

And that other countries are the worst of the worst. Also that every country is NOT free and are controlled down to what they wear.

If I said this before I'm sorry, they said they wont even let me visit or live in the country once I move out. They REALLY think they can controll how I spend my money? to them XD
You are just too addicted to Japan, which addiction is bad. Its alright to like a country but its wrong to be addicted to it. same goes to you parents.
You should do a more research about Japan,lifestyle, expensives,etc. I would reccomend to look at the thread " I dont want to live in Japan" by MMM. After i did my research, I decided that the US is my perfect country to live in and that Japan will only just be another country I would like to visit only.

It's so easy, To think about Love, To Talk about Love, To wish for Love, But it's not always easy, To recognize Love, Even when we hold it.... In our hands."
--Jaka

(#29 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-14-2009, 06:56 PM

I wonder if this is Otaku gone wild? I mean maybe the OP is so over the top on this that the parents think he or she is going crazy.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!
(#30 (permalink))
Old
forgotenmemory (Offline)
Where's the rock lobster?

08-14-2009, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bELyVIS View Post
I wonder if this is Otaku gone wild? I mean maybe the OP is so over the top on this that the parents think he or she is going crazy.
Possibility....

On the other hand, I'd love to see a show called Otakus gone wild.

MY JF FAMILY and Fellow Pervs
http://www.freewebs.com/fantasyfact/jffamily.htm
Perv Dance
1 2 3 step step jump step step grope step step touch step step kiss and *SLap!!!
fantasyfact.proboards54.com